The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MySmallWorldof4

Wow! That I have never seen!
That was a fun story that @donaldtoo shared. I too like maps. I have been known to look through our road Atlas from time to time, just looking at the maps. I'm not very good with puzzles but I am very good with maps and orientation. I once though of taking old maps and using them as wall paper or framing them in our spare bedroom. Ultimately I did not, as it seemed like too much work. But I guess you and I are both map geeks!:geek:
My DH and I love maps too. You know how people keep magazines in the bathroom? We keep a road atlas in it, and the page that always seems to be open is the one with Florida on it:)

StarWarsGirl

Michael's?

I agree with @MySmallWorldof4 . Places like Michael's have some lovely boxes, and the merchandise keeps rotating, so take your time looking for just the right one. (You can look online, but I prefer looking in one of their stores, because sometimes things look different in person.)

You can also decorate a plain box or basket (either from Michael's or elsewhere), if you feel like trying that. I'm not all that artistic either, but sometimes just small embellishments added to a plain or printed background color can be really nice. Even a a complementary colored ribbon can make your box look special.

Aw heck, what do I know? Save yourself some time and ask our resident artistic expert, Figgy!!! :D
Michael's is where I'll head if I can't figure anything else out. If I can figure out something without having to drive over there.

Goofyernmost

We've broken the 2 foot mark:grumpy::eek::brb::brb::brb::brb::brb::cautious::arghh::cold::coldfeet::cry::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::cold::cold::cold::cold::brb::brb::brb::brb::brb::brb::brb::brb: Now hearing word school Thursday may be a no go:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
Around here with that much snow the announcement would be school for the remainder of March is a no go. Actually, I might have welcomed a storm like that today as I have a fun for all involved Colonoscopy tomorrow morning. However, I have already done all of the fasting and half the go-go juice, I might as well get it over with tomorrow.
If that were to happen to me, I'm afraid that custodial would have to be called in to clean up the remains of what used to be a seagull. "Yea, ya ain't gotta worry bout seein him no more".:mad::angelic::in pain:

MySmallWorldof4

Around here with that much snow the announcement would be school for the remainder of March is a no go. Actually, I might have welcomed a storm like that today as I have a fun for all involved Colonoscopy tomorrow morning. However, I have already done all of the fasting and half the go-go juice, I might as well get it over with tomorrow.

If that were to happen to me, I'm afraid that custodial would have to be called in to clean up the remains of what used to be a seagull. "Yea, ya ain't gotta worry bout seein him no more".:mad::angelic::in pain:
Good luck tomorrow!

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Finally got out of there around 1:30. Walking to the train station was dicey with the snow and ice, but I made the train. Hubs picked me up at the station, but had a few minor skid-outs on the way down there to pick me up, even when he was driving very slowly. Most people out on the streets were just snowplow drivers and cops. Only lunatics like me who work in hospitals commute on a day like this! :p

Oh, I saw some incredible TV news footage of a giant tractor trailer that jack-knifed, doing a complete donut, on the Lenny Zakim Bridge (it's the widest bridge we have in Boston--10 lanes). It was a miracle that no cars were close enough to him when he spun out on the ice, because most people stayed off the road today. Whew! Later on, a passenger car flipped over on the Zakim--wasn't the safest day on the bridge . . . :cautious:

I'm glad you are home safe! Really crazy about the tractor trailer you mentioned, thank goodness that no one was really hurt because of it.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member

Good luck at the doctor tomorrow. Hope the result come back a-okay.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Good evening everyone. We celebrated the youngest GS, he is now 11. It was another quiet celebration. I hope everyone is staying safe in all this snow. I'm going to run and hide behind a boulder out here, we will be 83 this coming Saturday. I'm living in a dream world. Thanks @figmentfan423, I wish I could send some your way!

Happy Birthday to you GS! 83 sounds really nice! I hope your fires have stopped and the air is clear so you can enjoy it.

MySmallWorldof4

This is so exciting--more map geeks!!! :happy:
As a kid I used to love to look at maps so I could find the places that characters that I read about in books lived, like Laura Ingalls Wilder. I would spend hours staring at them trying to imagine how people lived in other places. So when my BF and I met and he said he loved maps too, I knew we were a match.:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom