News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

HauntedMansionFLA

The permits confirming this is happening are literally on the first page. Work is about to get underway. I don't know why there is any doubt this is happening. o_O
I know but I thought that Disney would make some sort of grand announcement unless that will be at the D23. I guess they can save it till right after another price increase.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I know but I thought that Disney would make some sort of grand announcement unless that will be at the D23. I guess they can save it till right after another price increase.

I'm gonna guess that the gondola announcement will be wrapped up with the announcement of the new adjunct CBR DVC project since the gondola will be its big selling point: It's a Deluxe property because it has a dedicated non-bus transport to the parks (a la monorail resorts).

Notes from Neverland

I get what you are saying, but the Boardwalk is under utilized right now. Nobody is saying it should compete with Disney Springs, but it has the potential to be more than it is. Yes, there's a hotel there, but it's also an entertainment area. It was never intended that the restaurants and other entertainment were exclusively for resort guests. Disney has advertised the Boardwalk as a separate entertainment area since it opened.

They have street performers, midway type games and other entertainment but not every night and some things close seasonally. Atlantic Dance Hall is often closed or used for private events. Jelly rolls still seems to do well. There is also the mini-golf course nearby. There is a lot of stuff to do, but it's not that easy to get to for most people staying on property. This will help with that. There's also some good restaurants at BC/YC and Swan/Dolphin that will benefit from the system.

Adding on, Abracadabar is a fun experience too, albeit very small.

msteel

Okay. Can I quote you?

Fact: Heat hasn't been the problem. Humidity has. But it's been lowered below the unacceptable threshold.

Since refrigerant based dehumidifiers take similar amounts of energy as AC, are we looking at some sort of desiccant air drying system?

Jaison

If anybody needs more proof this is happening .... I present this ...

DisneyWorldGondolaProof.png

This shows that same "ITJ" acronym previously discussed as well and not sure what "10-MGD" type of gondola is but perhaps 10-person cabins???

RobbinsDad

Our most reliable sources have all stated it's gondolas. I am choosing to believe them. But even if by some weird chance they're wrong, please still note the title of this thread:

Possible New Gondola Transportation
:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

rushtest4echo

@Lift Blog is a poster here, so that's a bit of circular proof.

Well at least there's a lot of supporting evidence that you've based your educated guess on. Better than the typical media- regardless of your flavor- "mainstream/liberal" and "right wing" news republish blogs as news stories without any sourcing, and those blogs usually do their sourcing through comments on a website- so you're as credible or more credible than most of the media at this point. ;)

EDIT: I'm sorry for comparing you to typical media. They don't bother to do investigative journalism at all anymore, so I guess you're way above the quality of their sourcing since Dan and others have in fact investigated these things.

Creathir

Yes. But this system was ready to go in 1978.
Very true.

I would LOVE to see what folks like Roger Broggie could have done had he had the technology we have today.

The limitations of yesteryear with the People Mover could easily have been overcome with the computerization and miniaturization which has happened over the last 30 years.

Guaranteed had those guys been around, along with the management of that time, we wouldn't be talking about a glorified ski-lift as if its some godsend over buses to connect the resorts to the parks.

truecoat

Very true.

I would LOVE to see what folks like Roger Broggie could have done had he had the technology we have today.

The limitations of yesteryear with the People Mover could easily have been overcome with the computerization and miniaturization which has happened over the last 30 years.

Guaranteed had those guys been around, along with the management of that time, we wouldn't be talking about a glorified ski-lift as if its some godsend over buses to connect the resorts to the parks.

A gondola system would still be a cheaper way to go. Having to build a track will always cost more than stringing wires.

Creathir

A gondola system would still be a cheaper way to go. Having to build a track will always cost more than stringing wires.
Note the comment about management.

It may be "cheaper", but I'm not talking about the economics here.

More about the possibilities and the innovation.

These things (can) hurt site lines, may or may not be able to operate when thunderstorms are in the vacinity, and are limited to single point to single point installations. (At least with current technology)

I personally have ALWAYS been enamored with the monorail and it's effectiveness and speed. It just screams futuristic.

Gondalas are cool, and could offer a unique perspective, but I'd much rather have something else.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom