News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

Creathir

You won't have a choice.
I know this has been mentioned but I don't believe the buses will go away.

Too many don't trust a single cable, no matter the statistics.

Plus, ECVs could pose a problem given the lack of control many have.

I could see Disney saying ECVs must use the buses after the first week of the emergency stop getting tripped every 15 minutes due to someone not driving on quick enough.

peter11435

I know this has been mentioned but I don't believe the buses will go away.

Too many don't trust a single cable, no matter the statistics.

Plus, ECVs could pose a problem given the lack of control many have.

I could see Disney saying ECVs must use the buses after the first week of the emergency stop getting tripped every 15 minutes due to someone not driving on quick enough.
They would not invest in the new system if they had to keep busses running to the same destinations. Some of the several goals here is to remove buses from the BVD corridor and reduce the operating costs of the bus system. If bus routes can't be eliminated then they would not go through with it.

I know people who are terrified of water and refuse to ride in boats. But that doesn't stop several resorts from providing only boat transportation to some destinations.

Disney is well aware of the issues ECV's cause. They already deal with that and guests lack of control with them on buses, boats, monorails, and countless other ride vehicles and situations. Designing the system to allow those guests the time they need will not be a problem.

Creathir

They might try to eliminate the bus routes, I'll give it not more than 90 days before those bus routes come back.... maybe, nah lets say 50 days.

They'll obviously be able to significantly decrease how frequently they come, maybe once every 30 mins or so, but I HIGHLY doubt they will 100% get rid of them.

Like you said, they may try, but that will change.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Wilderness Lodge.

The boats are available to the MK as are direct buses.
That's not because people are afraid of boats. That's a capacity issue. Not enough boats for every guest. There are no buses from BC/YC of BW to either DHS or EPCOT. They have bigger boats there so no capacity issues. A large portion of the gondola path won't go much higher than the monorail goes. I don't see them offering busses from the monorail resorts to MK or EPCOT because of people with fear of heights. I think it's far more likely that if someone complains they offer them a comparable room somewhere outside of the gondola resorts.

Flalex72

With all the talk about air conditioning and ventilation, I encourage everyone to look at the ventilation options offered by CWA:

http://www.cwa.ch/en/p/omega-iv-lwi-omega-iv-1.html

Expand the "Air conditioning and ventilation" tab and you will see the range of options, including tip in or out windows on the top front and back, kick plate vents, openings at the top and bottom of the doors and a roof vent, as well as the "tropical roof" which is an additional white panel to shade the cabin. Similar cabins from Sigma:
http://www.sigmacabins.com/more-about-our-diamond-range.html
or Gangloff:
http://www.gangloff.com/E/cabins/circulating-gondola-lifts/spacecab-8-ga.php
also have lots of ventilation options.

Another thing to consider is that they could air condition the stations to be quite cold, so you wouldn't feel hot on a short journey.

matt9112

Yes. I'm from coastal North Carolina and I currently live in Orlando.

I live here and I do HVACR and it gets darn of hot for 2 months or so. I think it's pretty hot. Granted what we think is irrelevant its what the visitors from England or Canada will think.

matt9112

That's not because people are afraid of boats. That's a capacity issue. Not enough boats for every guest. There are no buses from BC/YC of BW to either DHS or EPCOT. They have bigger boats there so no capacity issues. A large portion of the gondola path won't go much higher than the monorail goes. I don't see them offering busses from the monorail resorts to MK or EPCOT because of people with fear of heights. I think it's far more likely that if someone complains they offer them a comparable room somewhere outside of the gondola resorts.

Those resorts are also tiny in the grand scheme....just sayin....this is CBR.

drizgirl

I guess everyone has staked out their opinions on this. It's going to be interesting to come back and do a reality check when it's all done.

Maybe we should all start staking out our stands on when that will be. :joyfull:

Minthorne

I stand by the Dole Whip kiosk is the gondola stations. Want to cool off on the ride - buy a Dole Whip! It's perfect as it monetizes the cooling!

montyz81

I was thinking more of this! That's what I want in world showcase pleaseView attachment 193637
So I was talking to a WDW Bus driver the other day. He confirmed that they were doing a gondola lift in the Epcot resort area and even showed me a picture. I was amazed at how much detail he had in a picture. See for yourself:
a98648_gondola_1-bus.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom