Typhoon Lagoon New Raft Ride - Miss Adventure Falls

peter11435

People on here will argue that blizzard Beach and typhoon lagoon are way better than volcano bay! Understand?
Yes. But they're not arguing that the slides at VB don't look fun or that they won't be fun. They're arguing that VB is not an original concept and that the theming is not as good as at BB or TL. There is a difference.

Nobody (that I have seen) is saying that the slides themselves won't be fun and exciting. The rides look great and definetely a step up from those found at Disney's water parks.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Wow Megatobogan is super long! Pretty cool.

This ride looks like a decent addition to Typhoon...but to whoever talked about Disney going above and beyond by putting 'precious cargo' on the rafts just makes me laugh. Have you seen the 'boats' being used for the water Coaster at Volcano Bay? Now that's theming done right.

I know I know, they're two different companies giving us different waterpark experiences...and while MissAdventure Falls is a good addition to Typhoon, people slamming Volcano Bay are either super hardcore Disneyphiles who just can't ever let Universal have their moment, or are just not willing to wait to try the park for themselves. I happen to be a serious waterpark aficionado....and been to some of the biggest and best across the country. While I love the Disney waterparks, they could seriously learn a lesson or two from parks like Schlitterbahn, Water World, Splish Splash, Noah's Ark, or Splashin' Safari.
Splash Splash is right in my back yard, the season pass is around 70 bucks and the work and talent put into those rides arrant half bad, some of them even have pre shows now. Hollywood Stunt rider has audio anamatronics and movie effects, I always loved the water cannon. Even the front section with all the stores, food and treats is done up possible just as nice as any hub in Disney World not to mention all the carnival games lined up in the area.

Tiki Queen of Outer Space

tumblr_ompon0zfef1sa3t1go2_1280.png

You know, she kind of looks like Lucie Arnaz
desdes736991LARGE.jpg

rushtest4echo

Bingo, although it is more of the best collection of slides. Not just best slides.

You and Tom have it right. The slides on the mountain structure will be very well themed. The others are at the level of Aquatica, which is significantly below anything at Disney. I'm sure all of the slides will be great, but I'm really only looking forward to the hydromagnetic slide and the lazy river myself. Of course, that Hydromagnetic slide is going to have an epic wait time and will sell out instantly on tapu-tapwhatever since it's only the single slide as opposed to the 3 flumes on Disney's master blaster (different technology, but close enough). It'll be cool to have a dark rideish slide in Orlando, I hope it's at least as good as the one in Colorado as far as theming.

The rest of the slides there are standard fare- off the shelf out of the Proslide catalog. People who think that Volcano Bay is going to overturn the water park industry know nothing about the water park industry. It'll be a fun park, it'll have 2 impressive slides and the rest will be stuff that you probably already rode at your local waterpark years ago. If you're looking for industry changing water parks/slides you'll need to head to the Middle East or Asia though.

Don't get me wrong. I have no doubt that Volcano Bay will be a smash hit. It looks like a fabulous park, though the location is horrid. In typical fashion, Universal is attempting to set the world ablaze with their "innovation" by repackaging stuff out of a catalog with a virtual queue system that's been in the industry for a decade and it's all being called a game changer... As if no parks already did this stuff eons ago. Still, it'll be a fun park aside from Universal bravado and ridiculous marketing.

Hey, at least there won't be any screens around the park. I'm not sure Universal is going to be able to pull off an attraction much less an entire park without projectors! ;) Come to think of it, I'm shocked that Universal hasn't just installed some motion platforms, used their tacky water splash effect that's on every one of their rides, and then placed a screen with a water slide projection and called the whole thing a "next gen waterslide". I better not give them ideas. I can see them running with something like that and calling it the worlds best waterslide at the world's only "water theme park". ;)

I'll be touring the place in a bit and I can't wait to get measurements on that hydromagnetic slide. It appears to have a few drops that are much longer than your typical model of that type. Luckily it's nothing like Verruckt though, we don't need any of that mess here. The day I heard about Veruckt, well before it was built, I concluded that it would kill someone in short order- didn't take me long to be proven right.

Magic Feather

You and Tom have it right. The slides on the mountain structure will be very well themed. The others are at the level of Aquatica, which is significantly below anything at Disney. I'm sure all of the slides will be great, but I'm really only looking forward to the hydromagnetic slide and the lazy river myself. Of course, that Hydromagnetic slide is going to have an epic wait time and will sell out instantly on tapu-tapwhatever since it's only the single slide as opposed to the 3 flumes on Disney's master blaster (different technology, but close enough). It'll be cool to have a dark rideish slide in Orlando, I hope it's at least as good as the one in Colorado as far as theming.

The rest of the slides there are standard fare- off the shelf out of the Proslide catalog. People who think that Volcano Bay is going to overturn the water park industry know nothing about the water park industry. It'll be a fun park, it'll have 2 impressive slides and the rest will be stuff that you probably already rode at your local waterpark years ago. If you're looking for industry changing water parks/slides you'll need to head to the Middle East or Asia though.

Don't get me wrong. I have no doubt that Volcano Bay will be a smash hit. It looks like a fabulous park, though the location is horrid. In typical fashion, Universal is attempting to set the world ablaze with their "innovation" by repackaging stuff out of a catalog with a virtual queue system that's been in the industry for a decade and it's all being called a game changer... As if no parks already did this stuff eons ago. Still, it'll be a fun park aside from Universal bravado and ridiculous marketing.

Hey, at least there won't be any screens around the park. I'm not sure Universal is going to be able to pull off an attraction much less an entire park without projectors! ;) Come to think of it, I'm shocked that Universal hasn't just installed some motion platforms, used their tacky water splash effect that's on every one of their rides, and then placed a screen with a water slide projection and called the whole thing a "next gen waterslide". I better not give them ideas. I can see them running with something like that and calling it the worlds best waterslide at the world's only "water theme park". ;)

I'll be touring the place in a bit and I can't wait to get measurements on that hydromagnetic slide. It appears to have a few drops that are much longer than your typical model of that type. Luckily it's nothing like Verruckt though, we don't need any of that mess here. The day I heard about Veruckt, well before it was built, I concluded that it would kill someone in short order- didn't take me long to be proven right.

rushtest4echo

^ Wow, a simulator at a water park. Universal got out-Universaled on that one.

Still, Universal's will be a "worlds first" because they won't use that manufacturer to do the project. It'll be just like the "worlds first flying theater" over at Race through New York. :p

As an aside, Sunway is one of the parks that I've really been itching to visit. Looks spectacular and well above Volcano Bay's theming overall, aside from the few really good slides at Universal. It's only an hour flight from Universal Singapore too, so I'll certainly drop by Sunway when I finally make it out to Singapore. I'll be in China for most of next summer, maybe I can carve out a week to head over to that region.

JohnD

Im confused. Where is the ride? This looks boring and a complete waste of time

Since it's a "family" water ride, it's not supposed to have a huge thrill factor. But it's perfect for a family wanting to take children on a water ride without scaring them. Since it wasn't there before and doesn't look like something you care about, then you're not missing anything, are you?

rushtest4echo

Since it's a "family" water ride, it's not supposed to have a huge thrill factor. But it's perfect for a family wanting to take children on a water ride without scaring them. Since it wasn't there before and doesn't look like something you care about, then you're not missing anything, are you?

Go to Volcano Bay. Much like Disney vs Universal in the theme park segment, Universal's water park is more geared towards young adults and teenagers vs Disney's more family approach. Universals raft ride probably won't be much more thrilling anyway though save for the rafts. Although I must say it's embarrassing to see Universals excuse for "theming" on their family raft rides at Volcano Bay. They should just call them Toscana waterslides since they've got a better view of that housing complex than they do of anything at Universal.

raven

In typical fashion, Universal is attempting to set the world ablaze with their "innovation" by repackaging stuff out of a catalog with a virtual queue system that's been in the industry for a decade and it's all being called a game changer... As if no parks already did this stuff eons ago.
Ah yes. Much as Disney has done as well.

Simple spin rides that have been in the industry for a century:
Triceratops Spin
Carpets of Aladdin
Dumbo
Astro Orbiter
and many more

Wide Mouse coaster:
Goofy's Coaster at DCA
Primeval Whirl

Drop ride:
Tower of Terror

Log Flume ride:
Splash Mountain

Raft Ride:
Kali River Rapids

Tunnel of Love boat ride:
It's a Small World
Pirates of the Caribbean
Frozen Forever/Maelstrom
Mexico boat ride (in whatever form comes next)

Just about every theme park company does this including Disney.

raven

Although I must say it's embarrassing to see Universals excuse for "theming" on their family raft rides at Volcano Bay.
You are really trying to kill it before it even opens, aren't you?

Read the latest article Steve wrote in the News section. He said there's a story to the new waterslide at TL but most people won't get it. So why even bother? If people just want to ride a slide and have fun then forget trying to get into storylines and over theming. Just give them a good ride. VB is doing just that on several of theirs.

disney4life2008

Zero! Havent been in over 10 years lol

rushtest4echo

You are really trying to kill it before it even opens, aren't you?

Read the latest article Steve wrote in the News section. He said there's a story to the new waterslide at TL but most people won't get it. So why even bother? If people just want to ride a slide and have fun then forget trying to get into storylines and over theming. Just give them a good ride. VB is doing just that on several of theirs.

Stories are fine, but if they're not applied in any meaningful manner, then no- i don't care if they're there. I've seen countless water parks and water slide that have a cool tropical name with a few sentences of "back story" with a light theme package. This isn't any different.

As far as "killing the park", I stated that it'll be a fabulous park with a couple of superior experiences with everything else being lightly themed off the shelf fare. Which is what the park is. It'll compare favorably with Aquatica, Blizzard Beach, and Typhoon lagoon as far as slide collection. But it's not going to outdo any of those parks as far as immersion is concerned when you're on 5 of the 6 unthemed slide towers or when you're riding down 25 of the 30 unthemed water slides in the park. That's just a fact.

sunsetblvd26

Ah yes. Much as Disney has done as well.

Simple spin rides that have been in the industry for a century:
Triceratops Spin
Carpets of Aladdin
Dumbo
Astro Orbiter
and many more

Wide Mouse coaster:
Goofy's Coaster at DCA
Primeval Whirl

Drop ride:
Tower of Terror

Log Flume ride:
Splash Mountain

Raft Ride:
Kali River Rapids

Tunnel of Love boat ride:
It's a Small World
Pirates of the Caribbean
Frozen Forever/Maelstrom
Mexico boat ride (in whatever form comes next)

Just about every theme park company does this including Disney.
Yup, Tower of Terror, Splash, just your generic old drop/flume rides :rolleyes:

I mean seriously dude, chill. It seems like lately you have been entering many threads to add nothing to the discussion other than any attempt you can find to bring Disney down. It's ok to give criticism without having to turn it into some Disney Vs. Universal war.

raven

Yup, Tower of Terror, Splash, just your generic old drop/flume rides :rolleyes:

I mean seriously dude, chill. It seems like lately you have been entering many threads to add nothing to the discussion other than any attempt you can find to bring Disney down. It's ok to give criticism without having to turn it into some Disney Vs. Universal war.
My point was to point out that you can't accuse a company of just redoing a ride that's been in existence for decades when Disney has been doing the same.

And I was responding to someone who was attempting to take down anyone BUT Disney. So what's the difference?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom