New nighttime show 'Rivers of Light' confirmed to be coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I'm amazed that there will be many people in the Animal Kingdom at 10 p.m. on weekdays in March. I know that there are crowds for Spring Break, but that would surprise me. What I like is that we're doing an 8:45 show in late March on a Tuesday, and now we won't have to fight everyone to leave the park.
They also need to confidently run multiple shows a night before the crowds really arrive.

dreamscometrue

I just returned from a trip with 30 high school seniors from Canada. We stayed onsite for 7 nights and did all the Disney Parks and Disney Springs, each for a morning and an evening. We also split into groups for a day where they could choose between Blizzard Beach/La Nouba, Blizzard Beach/RoL, Universal (both parks)/RoL, MK/La Nouba, MK/DHS, MK/RoL. The group I took to Universal, drove from there to DAK in time for our RoL fastpasses. We met up with some others, so 14 of us watched the show. I knew I would enjoy it, but I absolutely loved it! It felt like it was a non stop spectacle once it began. It was just so different; just wonderful!

Afterwards, I asked the grads, all 17-18 year olds, what they thought. Every single one loved it too. A few said it was their favourite night show at Disney (we saw all 5 btw). The others said that, although they couldn't rank the shows, it was incredible and they'd love to see again. (All I told them beforehand was that it had no pyro, and was more about sounds and colours of nature.)

So, there's some feedback from 14 of us. :)

Last edited:

Tony the Tigger

Saw it last night and loved it. There is definitely an obvious ending/finale when everything is going at once and the music is building up. There's a little bit of fire, for whatever that's worth. The very end of the music made it almost sound like "finale fireworks."

The projections were not perfect, but as a whole, we thoroughly enjoyed it. It fits the park to a T.

disney4life2008

Or... People can have different opinions. Your opinion is no more valid than anyone else's.

And here I thought all opinions were neither true nor false. Care to explain how your opinion transcended subjectivity and became the unshakable truth? ;)

No problem, its a tragic show and im not alone im thinking this. But alternative opinions are always welcome

djlaosc

The original didn't "leak". It was released for purchase in Europe and the Far East.

I imagine any new version will be the current show.

Yes, it was on HMV Digital, wasn't it?

I look forward to buying the new version next time I am in the parks, but would have still liked a copy of the older version for comparison purposes.

Magic Feather

@disney4life2008 , I absolutely understand where you are coming from, and you are more than entitled to your opinion (just like everyone else) but, it may be a better if you didn't talk in absolutes (ex. The show is tragic vs. I think the show is tragic), in order to allow room for others. For instance Poster A says, "I loved Rivers of Light! It is one of my new favorite shows!", but then you say "How can anyone like the show, it was tragic?" It can shut them down a bit, and temper there excitement. The truth is that everyone has a different opinion, for instance I know someone who thought the Castle Cake, Hat and Wand were the best things to grace WDW, and they hate RoE, but that does not make their opinion any less valid then yours or mine.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom