New nighttime show 'Rivers of Light' confirmed to be coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

disney4life2008

Think part of the point of having all the night entertainment open before pandora was to test everything, and as we can see if ROL was originally scheduled to open with pandora it would of been a giant disappointment.

Pandora is going to have its own issues. A land full of florescent lighting, a boat ride to nothing. The flying animal sounds fun though.

FigmentJedi

Are you serious? The finale of woc alone is worth standing in line for 90 minutes prior. I am also talking about the original not the woc with nph.
World of Color originally had a structure of "Earth, Sea and Sky" and a thru-line in the form of the Little Squirt character. But that fell to the wayside when Bob had them put Ariel up front to cross-promote the ride right behind the seating area, replace original recordings of stuff with straight movie rips, and throw out Hercules and Alice in favor of an unnecessary Pirates of the Caribbean commercial.

Then you have pretty much every addition/new sequence amounting to a flow-breaking commercial, like further extending the Pirates commercial at the expense of the villains or the Brave sequence that was almost entirely composed of the stock animation clips they throw at the end of TV spots. And don't get me started on the sappy Disney marketing buzzword fest that is the NPH version. Season of Light's the best show they've had on that platform in years.

Ripken10

Exactly, that is your opinion. My opinion is what i said, my opinion.
Ok we get it, you don't like the show, and love WOC. If you don't like it, why do you insist on staying on this thread littering it with this. You have made your point that you don't like it. Move on. Let others express there opinions now. I think you need to stop reading this thread. This show is not for you. You have been saying the same thing over and over again for pages, and I know I am not the only one that is getting tired of it.

ToTBellHop

Ok we get it, you don't like the show, and love WOC. If you don't like it, why do you insist on staying on this thread littering it with this. You have made your point that you don't like it. Move on. Let others express there opinions now. I think you need to stop reading this thread. This show is not for you. You have been saying the same thing over and over again for pages, and I know I am not the only one that is getting tired of it.
You're getting tired of someone else's opinion on a discussion board? Perhaps you need a break.

disney4life2008

Ummm i just saw the show Saturday and responded to one person that resulted in multiple responses. If someone responds or asks a question I will respond. I was actually done with the subject until you decided to reply lol. Counterintuitive aye lol.

Tom Morrow

World of Color originally had a structure of "Earth, Sea and Sky" and a thru-line in the form of the Little Squirt character. But that fell to the wayside when Bob had them put Ariel up front to cross-promote the ride right behind the seating area, replace original recordings of stuff with straight movie rips, and throw out Hercules and Alice in favor of an unnecessary Pirates of the Caribbean commercial.

Then you have pretty much every addition/new sequence amounting to a flow-breaking commercial, like further extending the Pirates commercial at the expense of the villains or the Brave sequence that was almost entirely composed of the stock animation clips they throw at the end of TV spots. And don't get me started on the sappy Disney marketing buzzword fest that is the NPH version. Season of Light's the best show they've had on that platform in years.
See? This is why, even though it has some problems, I'm glad ROL isn't just another version of this stuff. I'll take a promising, original art show that needs (and will most likely get) some retooling over yet another synergy projection show.

TTA94

Well hopefully the next version, or update, of Illuminations will make everyone happy if they do what I believe was rumored which is RoL and WoC tech With fireworks.

UpDog71

I've seen this show four times now. I noticed this past Saturday at the second show that they have made some minor GPS tweaks to the floats and lotus flowers. They seem to have pulled the show in closer and tighter to the audience rather than being so far out on the water. It made the show even more enjoyable than it already was/is. I also brought a first-timer, non-Disney fan with me. I didn't tell him anything about the show. He admitted to me that he did "tear up" near the end of the show, and thought it was a very beautiful production. So there's that.

officialtom

Saw RoL tonight after a 3+ year wait. We had the Tiffins lunch dining package (as an aside, Tiffins is definitely one of the best meals we've ever had!). I can say honestly that it was absolutely worth the wait. We were thoroughly impressed with the music, lights, projections, water effects, fire... It was just awesome. And because we arrived early, I had time to run out to grab a couple beers and ice cream. Perfect way to end the day.

We are here with 5 other families and we're the first to arrive. Luckily we were able to rearrange our plans to work it in after it premiered. So happy it worked out.

I don't feel it was too short at all. In fact, it felt just right.

Can't wait to see it again in November.

Quick little insta video:

Brian Noble

I was also at the show this evening via FP+. I went in without expectations, and have purposefully avoided online previews/etc. I thought it was a great addition to the park. The preshow caught my attention, and that of those around me. Folks seemed to genuinely enjoy the show--I certainly did not hear any complaints. I definitely enjoyed it, and would love to see it again. I did notice the lack of a "hard end" to the show that I suspect they will work through, as a number of people were standing up and walking out during what could be charitably described as a coda. But that's a tweak, not an overhaul.

As an aside, we also had lunch at Tiffins (not using the show package, just eating), and it was fantastic. Everything there was wonderful, well-paced service vs. the rush-you-out that you usually find at WDW.

dreamscometrue

Saw RoL tonight after a 3+ year wait. We had the Tiffins lunch dining package (as an aside, Tiffins is definitely one of the best meals we've ever had!). I can say honestly that it was absolutely worth the wait. We were thoroughly impressed with the music, lights, projections, water effects, fire... It was just awesome. And because we arrived early, I had time to run out to grab a couple beers and ice cream. Perfect way to end the day.

We are here with 5 other families and we're the first to arrive. Luckily we were able to rearrange our plans to work it in after it premiered. So happy it worked out.

I don't feel it was too short at all. In fact, it felt just right.

Can't wait to see it again in November.

Quick little insta video:

Great to hear. 37 of us are flying tmr to Orlando and FP+ for this next week. Can't wait.

WDW1974

No spoilers from me. I saw it last week. Thought it was very good, not great. The artistry was beautiful and the tech wizardly also impressive. But you can tell (or I could) that it is missing something, which it is (and may or may not ever get).

But even in its current form it is absolutely a great addition to the park. Worth a decade's wait? Of course not.

No spoilers from me. I saw it last week. Thought it was very good, not great. The artistry was beautiful and the tech wizardly also impressive. But you can tell (or I could) that it is missing something, which it is (and may or may not ever get).
Saw it last week as well, did the reserved seating thru Tiffins. I agree with your assessment. good, not great. :cool: I think it's a good show for AK, presents the themes of the park in a very visual and attractive manner.It is a good way to end your day at AK.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom