News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

RoysCabin

Not per alot of insiders. GotG still to UoE as far as heard

Since we've had a few differing accounts on it my money would be on there being some internal debate on it, with my best guess being that they're seriously leaning toward it but have some voices possibly balking at the price tag. I obviously have no way of knowing that for certain, but it feels like we'd be hearing something more definitive one way or the other coming out of the grapevine, otherwise (e.g. either a confirmed D23 announcement or a hard "no, it's scrapped").

Seabasealpha1

Since we've had a few differing accounts on it my money would be on there being some internal debate on it, with my best guess being that they're seriously leaning toward it but have some voices possibly balking at the price tag. I obviously have no way of knowing that for certain, but it feels like we'd be hearing something more definitive one way or the other coming out of the grapevine, otherwise (e.g. either a confirmed D23 announcement or a hard "no, it's scrapped").
Thanks guys!

Old Mouseketeer

Evil
Polyester
Costumes
Of
Torture

But nothing will ever top the original Dickens Carolers costumes at MK in the early '70s. The men were traditional long overcoats in grays, blues and browns with top hats. But the women's were hoop skirts, bonnets, and muffs trimmed in white faux fur made out of...bright solid colored ribbed polyester.

RobidaFlats

internal debate

UofEPitch.png

tribbleorlfl

Also will those pillars be setup elsewhere? They did sort of sell them as "forever" type of thing like the stone pacers around the magic kingdom...

Aren't they legally obligated to keep them for a certain amount of time?

Anyone have a link to the legal requirements for Leave a Legacy? I did a search and found the Disney page about it, but no link to legal requirements.
For what it's worth, I subsequently emailed the address listed on the website to see if they could send me a copy of the contract or confirm some of these internet discussions. Their response:

"We are unfortunately unable to provide an electronic copy of the original paperwork but can share that the tiles are to remain on display until 2027. There are currently no plans for what will be done with the tiles after that time."

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
For what it's worth, I subsequently emailed the address listed on the website to see if they could send me a copy of the contract or confirm some of these internet discussions. Their response:

"We are unfortunately unable to provide an electronic copy of the original paperwork but can share that the tiles are to remain on display until 2027. There are currently no plans for what will be done with the tiles after that time."
Yep.

But they can move the display area.

danheaton

It still amazes me that Imagination isn't likely to receive an update. I feel like it's right with Energy and could do a lot more even with Figment's popularity. I'm nervous to see the Living with the Land updates but excited that we could see updates to Nemo and Mission: Space.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
It still amazes me that Imagination isn't likely to receive an update. I feel like it's right with Energy and could do a lot more even with Figment's popularity. I'm nervous to see the Living with the Land updates but excited that we could see updates to Nemo and Mission: Space.
Right now JIIWF is deemed acceptable. Energy is not. The building needs major work, there's major ride system and show issues, and the image of Ellen isn't..... deemed 2017.

Haymarket2008

I'm just as shocked as you are. I'm skeptical about the Living with the Land updates as well, but insiders have claimed that they will be respectful and an improvement (hopefully). But I think Energy and Imagination should be top of their list, attraction wise. I'm surprised Imagination isn't happening RIGHT after the new attraction in Energy is completed.

Robbiem

If the rumours are true I really don't understand the way things are going. WDW appears determined to reduce itself to place for families with little kids rather than being the vacation kingdom of the world.

Disney could introduce IPs to Epcot in a way which still supported the ideals of the park, although many people don't like pandora the PR spiel all supports the new land upholding animal kingdoms ideals so why not do this at Epcot?

There are loads of IPs which could work in future world. Obvious ones ones would be Ludwig Von Drake or Bunsen Honeydew and Beaker taking us on a map cap journey through a future world topic or maybe a ride based on the classic goofy how to series on a similar topic. Having nemo at the seas might not be the best example but you could build on this concept - there are a wide variety of nature and animal IPs to use at the land if you wanted to, dream finder and figment are crying out for a return, inside out could be a good fit for a new health pavilion maybe even combined with the incredible teaching us about the limits of the human body, or a torn based look at the internet.

Yes any park needs a good mix but there is no reason why Epcot can't modernise itself and still stay true to its values - all it takes is some creative thinking

G00fyDad

If the rumours are true I really don't understand the way things are going. WDW appears determined to reduce itself to place for families with little kids rather than being the vacation kingdom of the world.

Disney could introduce IPs to Epcot in a way which still supported the ideals of the park, although many people don't like pandora the PR spiel all supports the new land upholding animal kingdoms ideals so why not do this at Epcot?

There are loads of IPs which could work in future world. Obvious ones ones would be Ludwig Von Drake or Bunsen Honeydew and Beaker taking us on a map cap journey through a future world topic or maybe a ride based on the classic goofy how to series on a similar topic. Having nemo at the seas might not be the best example but you could build on this concept - there are a wide variety of nature and animal IPs to use at the land if you wanted to, dream finder and figment are crying out for a return, inside out could be a good fit for a new health pavilion maybe even combined with the incredible teaching us about the limits of the human body, or a torn based look at the internet.

Yes any park needs a good mix but there is no reason why Epcot can't modernise itself and still stay true to its values - all it takes is some creative thinking

Maybe I am nostalgic but I would like to see EPCOT get back to its original idea and theme complete with original area logos. I don't want to see the "toonification" of the park.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
If the rumours are true I really don't understand the way things are going.
Corporate syngergy. Iger and Chapek are determined to get as much popular or current IP into the parks as possible to attempt to make those who ride it buy the DVD, those who buy the DVD to want to make a trip to the parks. Very shortsighted IMHO but what do I know.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom