News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
What's the status of Future World being the dumping ground of Marvel properties?

UoE gets GotG.

There was a mention of a second phase 2 GotG for Wonders, maybe. Very slim and not greenlit.

Other than that, no insider has mentioned a Marvel property going to Epcot.

Earl Sweatpants

I'm keen on keeping track on any Marvel in WDW rumor, so, I'm as a sure as my memory allows me.
I seem to recall M&G's being mentioned (likely for DHS) but Disney is so limited in its Marvel-abilities in its theme parks. They'll have to milk whatever they can do. There's already been talk of two phases of Guardians at Epcot when one is too many to begin with.

P_Radden

It sounds to me like they are really shooting for a nice blend of EPCOT Center and modern Disney with this Epcot V3.0 overhaul. Retain some core aspects of the park like edutainment but make it more palatable for today's guests with Disney IP tie-ins (GotG) and more thrills (MS updates). And if this is the case, I believe we have a lot to look forward to. When all this work is completed, the park should look & fell better than it has in decades.

OvertheHorizon

It sounds to me like they are really shooting for a nice blend of EPCOT Center and modern Disney with this Epcot V3.0 overhaul. Retain some core aspects of the park like edutainment but make it more palatable for today's guests with Disney IP tie-ins (GotG) and more thrills (MS updates). And if this is the case, I believe we have a lot to look forward to. When all this work is completed, the park should look & fell better than it has in decades.
From your mouth to God's ears. :)

Earl Sweatpants

I'm on board with this decision SO LONG as things lean more on the Epcot Center end and that the modern Disney (IP) aspect is truly utilized to enhance the themes already at work.

I'd hate for GOTG to replace UoE only to get a strictly Guardians adventure with a casual mention to the topic of energy.

uncle jimmy

Premium Member
We need one of yours and @marni1971 maps of what areas may be getting refurbished, re-themed and newly built out in Future World :)

jaxonp

What has been said about Mission Space updates? I honestly thought it was a great thrilling ride, during soft openings, until Disney changed it...

HauntedMansionFLA

I'm on board with this decision SO LONG as things lean more on the Epcot Center end and that the modern Disney (IP) aspect is truly utilized to enhance the themes already at work.

I'd hate for GOTG to replace UoE only to get a strictly Guardians adventure with a casual mention to the topic of energy.
We ode UoE this past December and enjoyed the ride. Yes, parts of the ride were outdated but with the proper investment would be a great attraction again.

P_Radden

We need one of yours and @marni1971 maps of what areas may be getting refurbished, re-themed and newly built out in Future World :)
Well it may be somewhat hard to read but here is a quick map of what has been discussed:
FW known.png

PorterRedkey

Well it may be somewhat hard to read but here is a quick map of what has been discussed:
View attachment 192042
First, great job! I appreciate the time you took to put this together.
There is also the rumored Epcot hotel and the gondola platform coming.

I wish they would move the festival center to the Odyssey complex and WoL could be used to add a new pavilion (weather?) to Future World. Or they could tear it down and start from scratch but, that seems like a waste of good space.

MCast

I'm truly excited about the next phase of Epcot. There's certainly a disconnect between the Future World pavilions. Better theming can alleviate that. However, adding an influx of IPs runs the risk of it becoming Tomorrowland 2.0. Let's hope the project team can effectively manage that balance.

HMF

I don't see what is so exciting about this, It looks to me that they are destroying what is left of EPCOT Center.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom