News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

HMF

Until we know the specifics of what's being done, it's hard to say they're destroying the park. Letting it sit derelict year after year without attention is more of a disservice to this park as far as I'm concerned. It needs to evolve.
It needs to evolve, yes but not into something completely different from what it was intended to be.

MCast

It needs to evolve, yes but not into something completely different from what it was intended to be.

Understood. I can't pass any judgement quite yet until I see what's announced. I'm just glad Epcot's the next park on Disney's radar. Let's hope they can execute this in a way that keeps true to the park's original vision, but keep the everyday park goer engaged.

lazyboy97o

There is also the rumored Epcot hotel and the gondola platform coming.
The gondola station will be at the International Gateway.

Understood. I can't pass any judgement quite yet until I see what's announced. I'm just glad Epcot's the next park on Disney's radar. Let's hope they can execute this in a way that keeps true to the park's original vision, but keep the everyday park goer engaged.
The idea that "everyday park goers" were not engaged by EPCOT Center is a lie.

Magic Feather

If there was any doubt, EPCOT Center is dead. While we all share a common mourning, it would take three ghosts, a bunch of special effects and one heck of a acid nostaglia trip on Iger, and Chapek's part to bring it back. If you look as to what EPCOT will become, it is different, yet once acceptance is reached, and optimistic view will prevail.

MCast

The gondola station will be at the International Gateway.

The idea that "everyday park goers" were not engaged by EPCOT Center is a lie.

That's not what I meant, but I can see how my point was misconstrued. I was merely stating that in a perfect world, if Disney was to revive the original concept of Epcot Center, I hope it would be done in a way that will engage parkgoers (like the original did). Sadly, it appears that those who are "in the know" feel that won't be the direction.

Haymarket2008

If there was any doubt, EPCOT Center is dead. While we all share a common mourning, it would take three ghosts, a bunch of special effects and one heck of a acid nostaglia trip on Iger, and Chapek's part to bring it back. If you look as to what EPCOT will become, it is different, yet once acceptance is reached, and optimistic view will prevail.

So there will be a strong thematic consistency within the park again, but with a vastly different approach?

brb1006

So many things that need redoing in Future World. While we're on the subject of positing old iterations of the land, here are a few more things to aspire to:

A more natural Communicore Plaza
scan0263.jpg

http://www.disneyavenue.com/2015/11/a-journey-back-to-epcot-center-of-1983.html

Cohesive, clean signage
12857731003_4d48912f3f_b.jpg

https://hiveminer.com/Tags/worldofmotion/Timeline

Bold CM costumes
4562298-20270676-thumbnail.jpg

http://www.imagineeringdisney.com/blog/tag/epcot

One more ride on a Hydrolator
lsp122129LARGE.jpg

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2012/09/vintage-epcot-a-return-to-seabase-alpha/

Agree. To be fair, Test Track's 2012 entrance is much improved from the original 1996/98 industrial looking one. But all the window dressing in the world won't make that scaffold roof ever look good.
The signage and the CM outfits look so awesome.

HMF

I personally would rather wait for someone with vision at the helm again, rather than let Iger and Chapek have their way with it.

britain

How long until we are shown what EPCOT will become? Or is it already manifest?

DocAlan02

You lucky duck!
Perhaps the Costume designers had finally realized that polyester + Florida climate do not mix well.
Some of the 80s Cast Costumes looked great, but oh my gosh....can you say 'swealtering'...!
:depressed:

-
Yeah, those Dome costumes were like pajamas. I may have even dozed a bit in the back row during Cranium Command a few times. :-0
This was 91/92. The Seas costumes were bearable if you didn't wear the jacket, as the shirt was cotton.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom