News Disney Not Renewing Great Movie Ride Sponsorship Deal with TCM ; Attraction to Close

DznyRktekt

If the rumors are true that the Mickey ride will not use the GMR ride system I'm doubtful that at the pace Disney builds lately that they could gut GMR, build new show scenes and set pieces and a new ride system in less than 2 years. 18 months would be a miracle if they threw every resource into it.
Hopefully they build physical show scenes and don't fast track the project, settling for a gutted soundstage filled with screens.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Hopefully they build physical show scenes and don't fast track the project, settling for a gutted soundstage filled with screens.
That would be a big mistake. This ride will be at the center of the newly themed park. It should be every bit as epic as the ride it is replacing. Having screens isn't the worst option but it would need physical set pieces as well. I'd rather see a better product even if it takes 3 years to build and costs twice as much. They talked about building a clone at DLR too so that would at least spread the design costs a little.

Goofyernmost

I don't mind the acting; it's corny, but I like it.
Gene Kelly's face seems to have gotten worse over the years. A reworked musical scene would be very much appreciated, but if Mickey takes up shop in the building, it won't happen.
Well, we all age. And with the fact that Gene Kelly is dead and all, I'm sure he looks a lot worse in person.

Next Big Thing

Hall of presidents is not exactly a good comparison. With GMR they could have product being designed and manufactured long before the closes. With HOP they really can't do anything until after the election.
Ah, but they knew that it was either Trump or Hillary. That's how they start the process, the take the two remaining from each party and start to cast a mold for them during the general election period and then move forward with the President.

Somewhere out there there's an unfinished cast of Hillary, Romney, McCain and so on.

DisneyOwl12

Or use Leonard Maltin. I mean, he does the Disney blocks on TCM already.

Speaking of Treasures from the Disney Vault, I hope this will continue in some form, somewhere, after the TCM deal ends. A lot of what they show played on the Disney Channel when I was a kid in the 80's-early 90s, but Disney doesn't seem interested in showing that kind of programming on its own networks today.

Btw, the next Treasures night is next Thursday, the 16th.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom