A Spirited Valentine ...

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Time will tell, but I wouldn't be shocked if AK passed EPCOT in attendance in the short term.
It'll be interesting to see how the data plays out. With attendance driven by "first clicks" for park-hopping guests, Animal Kingdom might actually be hurt. Being open later with a new land that's being heavily marketed as a nighttime experience, they'll probably see a shift from first-click morning guests to park-hopping evening guests. I don't think this impact will be great enough to offset the raw increase, but it might mute the apparent impact.

csmat99

I'm normally one of your biggest fans but I don't think you should be dictating what people should be talking about. There isn't a list of banned subjects to talk about.
This is a joke right? You call yourself one of his biggest fans but then say he has no right to say that people should stay on point on a thread he created? If you are one of his "biggest" fans you should know the best way to have Spirit stop contributing is to talk about nonsense for 15 pages. Regardless of how you feel about Spirit he does drop a lot of information that many feel is valuable and worth talking about. If you really need to talk about maintenance issues at DL then create you own thread. If you want to talk about how Avatar was one of the best movies to be made after Gone with the Wind then make your own thread.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
You call yourself one of his biggest fans but then say he has no right to say that people should stay on point on a thread he created?
Nobody else claims ownership of every thread they start like that. If I start a thread about my experience with a toddler at Animal Kingdom, I'm not going to get all agitated if someone chimes in about their experience with a teenager at Epcot. Threads drift as conversations unfold, that's just the nature of message boards. Of all the boards I visit, this one has more insane new threads for every minute topic you can possibly think of. Not everything needs its own thread. I think WDWMagic mods would do better to discourage new thread creation but it seems they're going the opposite route. And that's all I'll say on the matter.

csmat99

Nobody else claims ownership of every thread they start like that. If I start a thread about my experience with a toddler at Animal Kingdom, I'm not going to get all agitated if someone chimes in about their experience with a teenager at Epcot. Threads drift as conversations unfold, that's just the nature of message boards. Of all the boards I visit, this one has more insane new threads for every minute topic you can possibly think of. Not everything needs its own thread. I think WDWMagic mods would do better to discourage new thread creation but it seems they're going the opposite route. And that's all I'll say on the matter.
I'm not saying threads can't go off the track at times but no reason why he can't ask people to get back on track. This thread jumped off the tracks fast and has been getting worse. All he said was if you want me to respond and talk about his points then get back on track because he isn't going to read through 20 pages of junk. And I disagree with not wanting to open new thread. If it becomes apparent that many people are passionate on both sides of a topic that has nothing to do at all with the current topic then it should be created and discussed there.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
IIRC, Al Lutz sang the praises of Messrs. Ouimet and Emmer while burning Pressler and Harris at the stake whenever possible. He may have gone as far as to say Ouimet saved DL.

And whatever happened to Al? Health problems, I heard?

Look at Ouimet's reward from the Igerbots for saving DL, What was his reward for saving DL you ask, Being sacked of course. No good deed goes unpunished at Disney.

brb1006

rUumI0j.gif

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
It's not odd. The same people keeping bringing it up any chance they get though it not be the topic of the thread. In their mind, it's their smoking gun of why Disney should be hated and they're just waiting for the accident that vindicates their long-simmering rage.

Wrongo, These things get brought up so hopefully something gets done BEFORE someone gets hurt, Because hopefully someone is high enough in the food chain to to make something happen after they read about it enough and dumb enough to actually go through with it in spite of Disney's management culture.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Look at Ouimet's reward from the Igerbots for saving DL, What was his reward for saving DL you ask, Being sacked of course. No good deed goes unpunished at Disney.

No, no, he simply wanted to leave the company he had called home for the previous 17 years and had worked tirelessly for. Upward and onward! Bigger and better challenges!! To think that Bob Iger forced him out is just unbelievable! He's a humble and down-to-earth guy, he'd never do that...

jakeman

Wrongo, These things get brought up so hopefully something gets done BEFORE someone gets hurt...
As @xdan0920 pointed out, burying a topic that has the potential to END SOMEONES LIFE dozens of pages into a thread that the progenitor cannot even be bothered to read is probably the least effective way to "get the message out".

You should really move beyond this thread and into a larger media/regulatory space if you truly believe that Space Mountain or any operation at Walt Disney World is being run in a manner that is putting guest in danger.

wdrive

This is a joke right? You call yourself one of his biggest fans but then say he has no right to say that people should stay on point on a thread he created?

I, or any other member, wouldn't have any say on what is discussed in their thread. The thread belongs to the website at the end of the day

If you are one of his "biggest" fans you should know the best way to have Spirit stop contributing is to talk about nonsense for 15 pages.

It's the way of a discussion forum. I'd say it's expected things are going to go on tangents (such as this even). If he doesn't want people clogging up the thread maybe he shouldn't post on here and write a blog or article or something else instead.

Regardless of how you feel about Spirit he does drop a lot of information that many feel is valuable and worth talking about.

Completely agree and that is what happens.

GiveMeTheMusic

Potter remains Universal Creatives best work...maybe they're kept rite by JK & Warner.

Potter Phase 3 should be celebrated..I'm hoping they don't go down the fantastic beasts route in the DC space though...still too much potential with Potter.

cc: @HauntedPirate, @Mike S as well - I do not have a close date for Dragon yet, but it is coming. A Forbidden Forest coaster will replace it, and I'm trying to get more details as to what it will entail. I'm personally hoping its devoid of SCREENZ.

Fantastic Beasts would be further down the line in USF - possibly replacing Mummy (in the NY area).

Mike S

cc: @HauntedPirate, @Mike S as well - I do not have a close date for Dragon yet, but it is coming. A Forbidden Forest coaster will replace it, and I'm trying to get more details as to what it will entail. I'm personally hoping its devoid of SCREENZ.
:D
Fantastic Beasts would be further down the line in USF - possibly replacing Mummy (in the NY area).
I'd hope not. If Potter is to expand in USF it should be Fear Factor. My preference though would be to leave Potter alone in that park and put further expansion in Site B.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom