A Spirited Valentine ...

DisneyDaver

Dragon Challenge is surrounded by the Wizarding World, so it makes sense that this area remains as such. Expending the footprint to include more area just seems like trying to top pigs with pigs and eventually starts to seem like desperation.

Maybe I am misunderstanding your post, but Dragon Challenge is inside the Wizarding World, not surrounded by it.

DisneyDaver

If I was on my desktop, I'd be posting the Michael Scott 'STAY CALM' gif.
Omg.
While I'm not crazy about another HP roller coaster (I wish they would take into consideration HP fans who suffer back and nausea problems like my mom, or fans too small to ride a coaster), it's really, really, really hard to not be excited about this.

It's not just the HP areas though ... most of Universal is not good for those with back/nausea issues or small children. I would like to see more rides that appeal to a broader audience at Universal and am hoping it changes in the future. That said, Forbidden Journey and Gringott's are two of the best rides in all of Orlando.

Last edited:

Quinnmac000

It's not just the HP areas though ... most of Universal is not good for those with back/nausea issues or small children. I would like to see more rides that appeal to broader audience at Universal and am hoping it changes in the future. That said, Forbidden Journey and Gringott's are two of the best rides in all of Orlando.

Yea the small kids thing ain't happening. They are advertising grown up vacations in their promotions.

truecoat

@WDW1974 do the Middle East countries visit WDW in large numbers that could significantly lead to a drop in attendance if certain current events proceed. I know South America provides large numbers but not sure of the Middle East tourist numbers

Here's an article showing how it's affecting travel from other countries not just ones on the list. When you hear stories of having to provide social media passwords, people are going to think twice about a visit to the US.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Here's an article showing how it's affecting travel from other countries not just ones on the list. When you hear stories of having to provide social media passwords, people are going to think twice about a visit to the US.

Anyone want to argue that the past couple of administrations have instantiatiated a security state the dimensions of which the Stasi and KGB never dreamed of.

I can see being asked for the user name of your public profile so if your wall happens to be a screed about the people you want to kill that would be a reason to say sorry no you are going back on the next plane. Asking for a password is allowing unscrupulous agents to plant information and how do you prove that you did not do that????. If I were traveling to the US I would simply cancel my plans.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Dragon Challenge is surrounded by the Wizarding World, so it makes sense that this area remains as such. Expending the footprint to include more area just seems like trying to top pigs with pigs and eventually starts to seem like desperation.

Ouimet wanted Rasulo fired and was not shy about that. Iger picked Rasulo. Most people don't stay around after trying to get their boss fired.

No they don't but Ouimet was RIGHT about Jay Rasulo who was partially responsible for the mess Ouimet cleaned up for Disney, But whenever an underling cleans up a mess created by senior leadership they are never long for the company because they are a living reminder of the failure of senior leadership.

As to Rasulo It just took a bit longer for karma to catch up with Jay after he created an even bigger mess at WDW with the underperforming MB system.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Talked to some friends in the business today (groundlings, no one near the level of a George K). Word from on high is that Disney Springs is absolutely slaughtering business at many of the locations above--Citricos and Jiko were mentioned specifically. Apparently guests would rather get better food from a celeb chef at those ridiculous prices, or get get better prices for comparable food from a celeb chef. It would seem Disney Springs is the new DAK, largely cannibalizing existing guests rather than bringing in new ones.

To the surprise of absolutely no one with modicum of financial sense. With a buffet meal north of 50 bucks in many locations why would I pay 50 bucks for it when I can get a better meal prepared by a celebrity chef and his staff for about the same money...

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Yea the small kids thing ain't happening. They are advertising grown up vacations in their promotions.

Amazing how far Disney has gotten off course, Walt wanted parks with 'something for everyone'. Iger wants parks with all attractions suitable for a fearful toddler

The gang here calls WDW a 'little kids park'. Not good Disney not good at all as you have lost the next generation's mindshare which now belongs to UNI

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Was that more him or Staggs or both. Considering they are both gone from the company I would assume both.

Not being an insider my read it was Rasulo as he was purely a numbers guy, Staggs was rumored to actually like and visit the parks but with Iger planning to stay till the heat death of the universe he wiped away his tears with his vested stock options and bailed post haste...

No question he had a part of it - But I think he was thinking more of optimizing park operations but not in the manner it's being done now.

HMF

Not being an insider my read it was Rasulo as he was purely a numbers guy, Staggs was rumored to actually like and visit the parks but with Iger planning to stay till the heat death of the universe he wiped away his tears with his vested stock options and bailed post haste...
I am just relieved both are gone from the company. Too bad the third stooge is still running things.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom