The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
if it was cold, I would definitively demand to be let in the school with dinosaur claw slippers ;)
I loved those things in cold days when I was in Mexico city (-2C minimum temp I experienced)

something like this, but in brown: https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/Mens-Sho...y-Monster-Slippers-Ideal-Christmas/B01B6C8FMA

:hilarious:

The guys both came home with these from Disney one year. :rolleyes:

They are actually difficult to walk in because they are way too wide.

4180OYJ4tfL.jpg

Last edited:

donaldtoo

All this talk about weather, I thought I'd throw in my two cents. We got a couple inches of snow, not enough to close school but it made the roads messy. It was really light snow and now the winds have picked up and it is blowing around like crazy! We are supposed to get a couple more inches tonight/tomorrow morning. But again not enough for a snow day. :(

Sympathy like.

Figgy1

Premium Member
I betcha ya are! Hope they are home safe now. Thinking a glass of wine will be in order and deserved.

Hate when the schools need to make these calls-weather dudes & dudettes are not always the best resources.
If ya close and the sun comes out the school is stupid. If it isn't to start for hours and comes early, the schools should have had mental telepathy. :arghh:

Nothing was worse for staff, administration and the board than 9/11. Everyone was caught off guard, nobody really knew what the heck was next...Yet a chunk of parents were wiggin and lashing out. We as a board could even come to a consensus via phone, lacking info. Finally we decided to keep them and keep them indoors and parents had to pick them up from bus stop or come inside to claim them at dismissal or before if the parents wished. I didn't know what the right call was, wasn't clairvoyant. Worked well-could have gone south fast tough. :cautious:
Me I was waffling on whether or not to pick my own kids up. :facepalm:
They made it home a bit late but fine and now I'm waiting to hear if they're going in on time, late or not at all today. The roads are still a bit rough. Oh yeah and no wine last night:(

Last edited:

Figgy1

Premium Member
All this talk about weather, I thought I'd throw in my two cents. We got a couple inches of snow, not enough to close school but it made the roads messy. It was really light snow and now the winds have picked up and it is blowing around like crazy! We are supposed to get a couple more inches tonight/tomorrow morning. But again not enough for a snow day. :(
Sympathy like

MOXOMUMD

I guess I'm lucky because I've never had an issue finding seating there:) I also have happy memories of my little guy getting up and dancing with some girls during the "show" and they handle allergies very well.
The only time we've had a problem getting a table was Christmas Day. I like sitting in the bar stool seats by the window and people watching.

Tony the Tigger

Maybe that's because they were connected to your jammies that you wore?! :joyfull:

e65604fe87546b42d831abcd139d2f6e.jpg

Have you been spying on me? o_O

Did you go home and change or continue to wear them all day? Did anyone notice?

I had a student wear his Yeti slippers to school last week, we made him go to the locker room and put on his gym shoes for the day. The kid wasn't happy, he thought he was being cool in his slippers.

Well it was a short shift, and I for the most part got to sit behind the counter, so I don't think anybody noticed. Plus they are pretty "normal looking " and could probably pass for suede boat shoes at a glance. Luckily I didn't wear Brian's giant bear claw slippers LOL.

Such a great belly laugh you gave me. :joyfull: At least you were comfy. ;)

I had just bought 2 pairs of gym shoes in the morning. I had a meeting at our middle school at noon, then I was going to help with Market Day afterwards so I wore a new pair of gym shoes. :happy: I was in the office signing in and the Principal came out to greet me and he kept glancing at the floor (or so I thought.) I was wearing one of each new gym shoe. :rolleyes: Yep that was a long afternoon. :cool:

OK now I feel better :cool:

The guys both came home with these from Disney one year. :rolleyes:

They are actually difficult to walk in because they are way too wide.

4180OYJ4tfL.jpg

Yep, Picture those in brown with claws in the front. They're in the closet.

What happened was I wore my sandals yesterday morning for the first time in a few weeks while running errands. This sounds a little odd, but they make a similar sound when I walk as my slippers do. I went home for an hour break before going to work, and was barefoot from wearing sandals, and too lazy to put on socks. So I put my slippers on and got on the bed to watch a TV show.

When I got up to go to work, just based on the sound and feel, I thought I still had my sandals on LOL.:facepalm: Lesson learned: look down!

Wrangler-Rick

Just Horsing Around…
Premium Member
Did you get a lot? Snow or snow & ice? It was coming from the southwest and heading northeast so we didn't get the snowfall that some areas did, it waited and gave us that freakin FROZEN tundra instead.
BY the time it was all said and done, we got about 8" of wet, heavy snow. We then got freezing rain, but the rain backed off when the temp got above freezing. We got everything shoveled (including the tank sized speed bump at the end of the driveway) and then the temps dropped and everything turned to ice. It's 9 here now... :(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom