The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
And I hear there is a rapidly growing market for wall builders
Meryl-Streep-Laughing-While-Jennifer-Lawrence-Falls-Down.gif

Gabe1

We are getting 5 - 10 inches of snow. The Cape is getting more. But today is my normal supermarket day so I went after the gym. So I went to the market a little before 8 and walked right back out.

Lines were 10 people deep and hardly any cashiers on. Only 4 I think. But seriously, why do people think the whole is ending whenever snow comes.

Big snows. Guilty.

Gabe1

I still have a lessened, but, still a degree of confidence in the laws of the land. Social Security is not an entitlement program that is supported solely by tax money. SS is much like a life insurance policy although managed by the government, what can go wrong there? :rolleyes: Anyway all of us that worked for a living receive some of our money back, some more then what we AND OUR EMPLOYERS, paid into it. It is our money, it is not the governments money. It is an investment that we made in our future, not to pay to fly Frumphead back and forth from NYC because the White House isn't good enough for him.

They can pass laws, but, you can rest assured that there will be legal action taken and there will be organizations that not only will demand that they take their hands off it, but, that they return the amounts that they have borrowed from it in the past. Perhaps even attempt to bring charges against those that felt that they could do what they wanted with our money. It will be a mess for a little while but, it will straighten out along with perhaps the jack... attitude of our useless cowardly elected officials. It has too, because if it doesn't, then the country that we have known and loved will cease to exist.
It might also be a good idea, at that point, to learn a little Russian.

Touche! :joyfull:

That is why I get irked when our leaders keep trying to reduce our teachers pensions. Staff had deducted from their checks their portion and sent to the state, our district sent in our portion of their pension. So the state didn't put that into an escrow type account and used it on a rainy day for something else???? So they want to re-write the pensions paid for in full for decades. ???? Can't afford??? Who asked you to afford they were fully funded, twits.

Gabe1

Interesting you mentioned Snap-On. They have been hubs' favorite tools for many years (he also has a lot of Craftsman that he likes as well). I don't know about your area, but out here, hubs would meet the Snap-On driver with his van of goodies, up on the highway rest stop parking lot areas (the places where they'd have the gas stations, food courts, etc.). I always thought it was cool that Snap-On would sell the tools right out of the van like that--sometimes hubs would call the guy and ask for something specific, and the guy would just put it on the van and have it ready for him. It was personal customer service from those guys. (I'm assuming they must have been commissioned.) I don't know if they still operate the same way (drive around in Snap-On vans), because hubs has plenty of tools at this point and hasn't bought anything new for quite some time.

A few roads down from me is a man that has his Snap on Van in his driveway every night. I know nothing about Snap On but that would make sense. He has a lab and a golden pups. I speak with him in passing. Come Spring maybe I can wiggle that into a question. Our conversations have always revolved around the world of Pups. (I know his Pups names, his not so much.)

Gabe1

My dad stopped making photo albums around the time I turned 8. The only Disney pictures that are framed in the house are from 98 and 08 (the same picture in front of the castle is actually framed twice for some reason). I've been able to verify '95, '98, and '00. I think any pictures of the trips that happened after are either buried in this giant photo bin, or maybe on tape in the basement.

Guilty too! I have so many photo albums. Still more I have so many photo bins. Good intentions but never the priority.

Figgy1

Premium Member
And yet they have yet to figure out why attendance is starting to slip a bit. Just not enough newbie wealthy wanting to visit Disney to replace all those former guests that can no longer afford to visit as frequently as they once did. My neighbor has had on his bucket list a trip to Disney for his family 'once' for over a decade. He has 5 sons, so family of 7. His eldest son is now 17 and it is still off their radar. He is a Union, commercial plumber, good wages, still he is looking at over 10K and those boys can eat.
Why do you think we rented a condo. Breakfast at "home" saved us a small fortune:joyfull:

Figgy1

Premium Member
Right there with ya Sir!

In the decades and then some of visiting WDW I have yet to find any appeal for Cosmic. Even if I could get past the food the ordering system for a family...then the seating issues. No thanks.
I guess I'm lucky because I've never had an issue finding seating there:) I also have happy memories of my little guy getting up and dancing with some girls during the "show" and they handle allergies very well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom