The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
All this talk about weather, I thought I'd throw in my two cents. We got a couple inches of snow, not enough to close school but it made the roads messy. It was really light snow and now the winds have picked up and it is blowing around like crazy! We are supposed to get a couple more inches tonight/tomorrow morning. But again not enough for a snow day. :(

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
So I'm sitting here at work and just realized I wore my bedroom slippers out today lol. :eek::confused::facepalm:

Did you go home and change or continue to wear them all day? Did anyone notice?

I had a student wear his Yeti slippers to school last week, we made him go to the locker room and put on his gym shoes for the day. The kid wasn't happy, he thought he was being cool in his slippers.

Wrangler-Rick

Just Horsing Around…
Premium Member
All this talk about weather, I thought I'd throw in my two cents. We got a couple inches of snow, not enough to close school but it made the roads messy. It was really light snow and now the winds have picked up and it is blowing around like crazy! We are supposed to get a couple more inches tonight/tomorrow morning. But again not enough for a snow day. :(
We had a snow day here... :cautious:

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR

I don't believe we got more than an inch of dusty snow. It was the ice and then rain that froze on the ice that caused all the problems here. Stupid salt trucks were not dispatched until it was too late. It was warm enough that had they put the salt down around rush hour last night with the snow the roads would have been just wet. Stupid stupid people.

Cesar R M

I had a student wear his Yeti slippers to school last week, we made him go to the locker room and put on his gym shoes for the day. The kid wasn't happy, he thought he was being cool in his slippers.
if it was cold, I would definitively demand to be let in the school with dinosaur claw slippers ;)
I loved those things in cold days when I was in Mexico city (-2C minimum temp I experienced)

something like this, but in brown: https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/Mens-Sho...y-Monster-Slippers-Ideal-Christmas/B01B6C8FMA

:hilarious:

Gabe1

So I'm sitting here at work and just realized I wore my bedroom slippers out today lol. :eek::confused::facepalm:

Such a great belly laugh you gave me. :joyfull: At least you were comfy. ;)

I had just bought 2 pairs of gym shoes in the morning. I had a meeting at our middle school at noon, then I was going to help with Market Day afterwards so I wore a new pair of gym shoes. :happy: I was in the office signing in and the Principal came out to greet me and he kept glancing at the floor (or so I thought.) I was wearing one of each new gym shoe. :rolleyes: Yep that was a long afternoon. :cool:

donaldtoo

I guess I'm lucky because I've never had an issue finding seating there:) I also have happy memories of my little guy getting up and dancing with some girls during the "show" and they handle allergies very well.

The last time we were there was at about 9p last Feb. when we were there for the Princess 5K.
At that time there was no problem getting a seat, and our late-ish night "snack" food was fine...! :)

Gabe1

I hope you don't end up having to report, but if you do get picked hopefully it will be an interesting case. I served on a case where a guy had assaulted a police officer. I missed on the case the previous day, a lady was suing because the automatic door closed on her at the Goodwill. She claimed it pinched her arm.

Yep, those things can be dangerous. Worse are older garage doors.

donaldtoo

In other news.. sigh...

My mother woke me up frantically and I knew what happened instantly.. my grandmah fell again...
She was on the floor making a huge racked of pain and blaming the virgin mary for letting her fall :banghead:

Anyway we helped her up but then she started to complain about the force we used to. But what else can we do? leave her in the floor on the side?
anyway we tried to pull her to the bed but she was fussing and we could lift her up all the way up.
So we decide to move her to her couch. She then insisted she could straight her leg and try to walk with us.. nope.. she started to make huge ruckus about pain.
So we put her in the couch and she started to rant about how the Virgin Mary let her to fall etc..etc.. (x_x)) and how "she didnt deserved that".
Weird part is how she started to make pained puppy noises.. we tried to check if she had her bone hurt or something.. and grrrrr. she at first was refusing the pain pills.. what the hell!!! You're crying in pain and you do not want the pills?
(sometimes I swear she does love to milk any event for attention, my aunt knows her and her antics).

Anyway she seems to have calmed down and we're going to call a doctor. (because as before.. my grandmah is demanding a luxury ambulance and a luxury hospital) like the last time she got hurt. I guess she forgot we are NOT swimming in money nor my dad is alive to carry that huge cost.

Anyway well see how it goes.. until then, I'm here waiting in my sleeping attire until we know what to do...

Oh my. Sympathy like.
I hope as I read ahead this has a not-so-bad/good outcome.

Gabe1

Our policy has very little specifics for dress. The ISBA of Illinois actually moved away from recommending specifics.

There was things originally about length of shorts, width of straps, low cut tops. What was found was 99.9% of clothing policy was directed at females. It has also been found that HR departments in corporations were doing the same and became a discrimination issue. Our policy is more now clothing being worn only as intended. It actually captures a lot but not everything. Slippers are intended as house and bedware, so not allowed. PJ pants not allowed as intended for bed. Hats not allowed because it is outdoor wear. Cami's no cause they are considered under clothing by design. The handbooks kinda go a bit more specific while tip toeing. Clothing should cover all areas that are considered private areas of a person.

We have actually had more problems with a dozen or so of our staff, middle aged reliving their college days. Professional attire seemed to take on a whole new meaning in our Primary Building. That was followed up with 5 of them getting new, matching tattoos from top of foot to mid-calf, attire and shoes to display, themed on Sisterhood. I could careless about tattoos overall but this was different. It was the matching garments, matching shoes to go along with the tattoos, it became a real distraction everyday and these kids 4-7 have the attention span of a gnat to start with. Then they moved onto matching hair color, lime green, neon blue.........:rolleyes: In my head I was like come on people.......

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom