The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Goofyernmost

The only time (knock on wood) I've been summoned I was nine months pregnant. I got an immediate excuse from serving. :D
Four times that actually went to trial. I owned property in one county and got called up for jury duty. A couple years later I was called by the state judicial to serve on another. Then I got called for duty after I moved to a different county and not more then 6 months after I moved to North Carolina I was called up again. If they paid half decent I would consider being a full time professional juror.

Goofyernmost

I'm a nervous wreck right now the roads are getting bad and the boy's don't leave school for about a half hour.
Here's the latest around here. For the first time in 4 days the temperature finally went above freezing and it is just in the nick of time. Another day and the entire population of NC would have to be committed to padded cells. Not just the "bread and milk" southerners, but, also the re-located northerners that are about to go over the edge dealing with the frustration of being a prisoner for no damn reason.

For a little background. This state, as a whole, spends millions and millions of dollars to plant all types of fantastic flowers, shrubs, etc. at every intersection that exists. Changing them out at least three times a year. Live, beautiful plants yanked out and replaced with new "different" plants. Yet, cannot find a way to fund a comparatively small amount to maintaining the highways in a safe condition.

We got a dusting of snow, seriously it didn't even cover the windshields of most of the cars. Some early rain and then due to the fact that the ground here is still fairly warm after the sun went down that water and melted snow froze creating a lot of ice. The temperatures almost never got below 20. We know that had they got out there with some salt or sand that vast majority of over 3000 automobile mishaps would have been avoided. Saving thousands in property damage, injuries and lost Commercial business due to people being unable to get to work or unwilling to go to work because of dangerous road conditions. Also people doing the support of those businesses couldn't get out to spend money either.

I'm thinking that although all the shelves were cleared of bread and milk, that wasn't going to make up for it. The long and short of it is that they just called a state of emergency because some of the minor (and anyone that has ever been here, at least in the Raleigh area, know how minor) hills on the roads are still ice covered and people cannot get up them. Ridiculous! Still by Friday the temps are supposed to reach the 70's, so I'll forgive them. But, I'll be all fired up again when the next storm (?) gets here.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Good afternoon all...

15873364_1632987496997455_7390653264702269746_n.jpg

Gabe1

So, grandmah is returning soon home.. the xrays showed no damage.. PHEW!! :happy:
So its just she being a bit sore for the fall. I guess that's another tale she can tell the family and how she lived another day!

Good News!

Certainly not worth testing the patience of the Virgin Mary though. :jawdrop: The lady might be ticked for a while. ;)

Gabe1

I'm a wreck right now the roads are getting bad and the boy's don't leave school for about a half hour.

I betcha ya are! Hope they are home safe now. Thinking a glass of wine will be in order and deserved.

Hate when the schools need to make these calls-weather dudes & dudettes are not always the best resources.
If ya close and the sun comes out the school is stupid. If it isn't to start for hours and comes early, the schools should have had mental telepathy. :arghh:

Nothing was worse for staff, administration and the board than 9/11. Everyone was caught off guard, nobody really knew what the heck was next...Yet a chunk of parents were wiggin and lashing out. We as a board could even come to a consensus via phone, lacking info. Finally we decided to keep them and keep them indoors and parents had to pick them up from bus stop or come inside to claim them at dismissal or before if the parents wished. I didn't know what the right call was, wasn't clairvoyant. Worked well-could have gone south fast tough. :cautious:
Me I was waffling on whether or not to pick my own kids up. :facepalm:

Goofyernmost

I never knew gas station tank can semi freeze!?!
It can't unless there is water in the tank also. That is not unusual because of condensations forming on the inside of them when cold gas is introduced to warm air of summer. Or it could be that just the pump motor has frozen up, which might be from the cold but is probably just what is said when a motor seizes up due to any number of reasons. Both are a problem but completely different in nature.

FutureCEO

It can't unless there is water in the tank also. That is not unusual because of condensations forming on the inside of them when cold gas is introduced to warm air of summer. Or it could be that just the pump motor has frozen up, which might be from the cold but is probably just what is said when a motor seizes up due to any number of reasons. Both are a problem but completely different in nature.

All I know was I got gas at 645 in the morning. I got back on the highway at 7 or a minute or two before.

It took like 10 minutes (I know I said 15 minutes but give 5 minutes for paying and etc) for 6 gallons of gas to come out. Though it did way better at the end. In the beginning it was like nothing wanted to come out.

Goofyernmost

All I know was I got gas at 645 in the morning. I got back on the highway at 7 or a minute or two before.

It took like 10 minutes (I know I said 15 minutes but give 5 minutes for paying and etc) for 6 gallons of gas to come out. Though it did way better at the end. In the beginning it was like nothing wanted to come out.
Sounds more like the pump had a problem then anything freezing in the tank. If there had been water in the gas, you wouldn't have made it very far down the road.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
So, grandmah is returning soon home.. the xrays showed no damage.. PHEW!! :happy:
So its just she being a bit sore for the fall. I guess that's another tale she can tell the family and how she lived another day!

Cesar, I've been following your posts tonight about your grandma, and I'm glad to learn that she wasn't hurt from the fall (except maybe for minor injuries at the most). If she gets a good night's sleep, she'll probably feel a lot better tomorrow.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
View attachment 183873

I hope you don't end up having to report, but if you do get picked hopefully it will be an interesting case. I served on a case where a guy had assaulted a police officer. I missed on the case the previous day, a lady was suing because the automatic door closed on her at the Goodwill. She claimed it pinched her arm.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member

Glad your grandma is okay. You hadn't mentioned her much lately and just the other day I was wondering about her and if she was finally following the rules. Maybe I jinxed it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom