Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Or design. My theory is it won't be nearly as deep as DL and therefore is a simpler design. Did you compare the width before or after they added all the rebar?

This was measured before the rebar at DL. I also agree that DHS won't be as deep, but the length and width are more dependent on what needs to go into the pit. The extra width in the DHS pit might be because they aren't going to build the wall right up against the pilings like they did at DL, they might build it in the pit with a space between the wall and pilings so they can do water proofing on the outside.

At this point, the idea that the rides will be different is just idle speculation without anything to really support it.

Last edited:

jt04

This was measured before the rebar at DL. I also agree that DHS won't be as deep, but the length and width are more dependent on what needs to go into the pit. The extra width in the DHS pit might be because they aren't going to build the wall right up against the pilings like they did at DL, they might build it in the pit with a space between the wall and pilings so they can do water proofing on the outside.

At this point, the idea that the rides will be different is just idle speculation without anything to really support it.

I was not saying the rides will be different. Just the opposite. They will be the same but how they are built will be different. This means that our exterior theming may appear more dramatic (majestic) but also that we may not be all that far behind their opening date.

Staying tuned.

Earl Sweatpants

No, I'm like this about everything. :D
ohyou.gif

doctornick

Thanks for the information. It's too bad they aren't rushing the B&B and VoTLM replacements. Those probably should have been the first to go down and get replaced before construction on the lands even began, but they still draw a crowd so I guess that's why they don't see them as a priority. I wasn't really suggesting Frozen *needed* to be replaced, was simply comparing TDA to Orlando in that they get a musical and we still have the sing-along. Obviously there are more pressing issues and Frozen isn't one.

So yeah, back to SWL ... lol

Not to mention that they could take down one of the shows and put something during the day in the Flex theater to compensate for the capacity lost in order to get stuff done sooner. But it sounds like maybe they are waiting for TSL to open before focusing on BatB. Sad.

Also, no mention of Indy. Is that show just going to continue as is forever?

Goofyernmost

If this is something that doesn't interest you, then why bother posting in the thread?
Hey, I might be interested if someone could explain why I should or need to care. We will get whatever they build and all the gripping, guessing and discussion "dimensions" mean absolutely nothing. However, if you wish to get into an I know more then you do, discussion with that poster over unmeasurable dimensions from a photograph, be my guest. Even if accurate... it has no relevance to anything at all.

I enjoy reading about this stuff and seeing the progress as it develops and then all of a sudden you guys get into a peeing contest over stuff that has no relevance and makes no difference to anything, then I will make a comment. If you don't like my comments YOU also can just skip over it and not comment. It is a two way street. Not to mention that I was backing you up... you're welcome... I'm glad to support your opinion. Probably won't do it again, but, hey at least you got this one.

ToTBellHop

I was not saying the rides will be different. Just the opposite. They will be the same but how they are built will be different. This means that our exterior theming may appear more dramatic (majestic) but also that we may not be all that far behind their opening date.

Staying tuned.
Well, with less of a pit, it is certainly reasonable to expect that our rock work will extend further above the guest's head. It's also reasonable to expect some queue differences.

As usual for clones.

Crossing my fingers for August 2019 (of course, I could just go to DL then when it will certainly be open).

HauntedMansionFLA

Not to mention that they could take down one of the shows and put something during the day in the Flex theater to compensate for the capacity lost in order to get stuff done sooner. But it sounds like maybe they are waiting for TSL to open before focusing on BatB. Sad.

Also, no mention of Indy. Is that show just going to continue as is forever?
Is the flex theater used just for the special event parties or are there other functions that go on in there? I thought it was being built because the Indy show was going bye bye. P.S. - we skipped Indy earlier this month since we have seen it several times and it's hasn't changed.

HauntedMansionFLA

As of now, shows are up for refurbs, but probably in the wrong order that they should be. BatB was planned for refurb this year with a new show, but that plan was cancelled. Now, DJ is next up, and seems to be cemented in. Then, BatB is back on the schedule, but not until 2018. (Very subject to change). Then VotLM and a possible F! Update. A Frozen Replacement is very low on the priority list.

All is subject to change, but now back to that highly immersive SWE.
Is BatB going to be updated to match up with the live action movie?

Kman101

Since she was supposed to appear in the 3rd film, I'm going to assume the character survives next year's film so it will be interesting how they handle it. I'm glad we get to see her in the role one more time and that Leia plays a larger part. There's been a brief clip going around of a scene that featured her that was cut and it was just great, showcasing everything about Carrie and Leia in just a few lines.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Not to mention that they could take down one of the shows and put something during the day in the Flex theater to compensate for the capacity lost in order to get stuff done sooner.

Is the flex theater used just for the special event parties or are there other functions that go on in there?

What flex theater are you talking about? The one that was in the Streets of America is demolished. There is a new flex **space**, Sunset Showcase. Right now, it's just a big box where Club Villain and dance parties take place. For it to be a flex **theater**, they'd need to retrofit it with a full production stage and theater seating.

If there are no bigger plans for a "Land" down Sunset Blvd, they should replace the BatB theater with a side by side double theater suitable for live stage productions and start cycling in their abbreviated stage shows such as Aladdin (as it was in Anaheim) and Tangled (as it is on the cruise ship). Now *there* are people eaters.

HauntedMansionFLA

What flex theater are you talking about? The one that was in the Streets of America is demolished. There is a new flex **space**, Sunset Showcase. Right now, it's just a big box where Club Villain and dance parties take place. For it to be a flex **theater**, they'd need to retrofit it with a full production stage and theater seating.

If there are no bigger plans for a "Land" down Sunset Blvd, they should replace the BatB theater with a side by side double theater suitable for live stage productions and start cycling in their abbreviated stage shows such as Aladdin (as it was in Anaheim) and Tangled (as it is on the cruise ship). Now *there* are people eaters.
The one by RNRC

HauntedMansionFLA

I agree with the examples of the shows you listed - Aladdin / Tangled

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Is the flex theater used just for the special event parties or are there other functions that go on in there? I thought it was being built because the Indy show was going bye bye. P.S. - we skipped Indy earlier this month since we have seen it several times and it's hasn't changed.

I think the new facility at ESPN might server as a replacement for some of the events that used Indy, especially the cheer leading events.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Since she was supposed to appear in the 3rd film, I'm going to assume the character survives next year's film so it will be interesting how they handle it. I'm glad we get to see her in the role one more time and that Leia plays a larger part. There's been a brief clip going around of a scene that featured her that was cut and it was just great, showcasing everything about Carrie and Leia in just a few lines.

Since there is still a year until Episode 8 opens, I could see them adjusting her role in Ep 8 to better handle whatever will happen with her character in 9.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I thought it was being built because the Indy show was going bye bye.

I think the new facility at ESPN might server as a replacement for some of the events that used Indy, especially the cheer leading events.

There might have been a brief moment when Indy was on the chopping block as they considered putting SWL around Echo Lake. But that was just an internal proposal that was abandoned. All during the rumors of Indy getting axed the stage producer was tweeting that Indy wasn't going anywhere and WDW was putting out help-wanted ads for Indy tumbler and actors. There are even now new help-wanted ads for Indy performers... so... it's not going anywhere for now. After SWL is built... then we'll see.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom