The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Depends. Do most people actually buy forst thing. Might be a loss as people will browse for an hour but not spend until later.

Depends on who you are asking...onsite guests or offsite/day guests. Shipping it back to room while you are in a holding pen not a bad use of time if you are going to do it anyways.

Now Disney is messing with the time tables of shipping to rooms, that could cost them but worse is off the app to front gate pick up, I don't get that one, certainly a loose loose for Disney. Foolish.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
With nothing to do but shop and eat I'm sure there will be lots of shopping going on. Picture heavy on site advertising "extra magic shopping time with package delivery to your room or p/u at the front of the park at your convenience" Last summer we were let into the parks before official opening and I saw people buying while waiting for rope drop. :greedy::greedy::greedy::greedy:

Me, an extra hour sleep in morning now. I loved the show but now if the lines and guests will be distributed better for security and turnstiles, (a word my grandchildren of the future will not comprehend) I'm more likely to grab something to eat at the resort and catch up on some zzzz's. From what I've seen as the Master Plan for the Magic Kingdom I'm still more impressed with Universal Florida's Security, imagineered well.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Thanks to both of you and hubby definitely does owe me big time. The time downtown wasn't too bad, there were fun moments. It was hubby's two sisters, one bro in law, the oldest niece and me. The other bro in law stayed back with the younger kids (ages 10-14) and took them to laser tag.

Hubs and I were planning to spend the 29, in the city over night on our own. As I was heading back today with his family hubby texted me and said he still wasn't any better and would I mind if I cancelled the hotel for the 29th. Well if he wasn't feeling better staying in downtown Chicago wouldn't be any fun so I cancelled the hotel.

So here comes the part where I get mad.....
After being back at his sisters house tonight they decide that all the adults should go out to dinner. Fine, hubs is even coming along. So when we get back hubby and I go down to the basement to change into our pajamas. The basement is where we have been allocated to sleep (for years) on air mattresses or a saggy pull out. But I put up with it because he wants to be with his family. This is also where the kids hang out. So I go to where I had neatly piled my blankets and pillows and they are all strewn about and hubby says that they were playing with my pillows earlier and he had to tell them to stop. That makes me mad and it happens frequently but it is just my pillows.

Here is the kicker. So I after changing into pjs after dinner I again I neatly arrange my pillows blankets and the clothes I had worn today on the bed I will be sleeping on. It isn't even in their play/hang out area really. They have no reason to be near it. I even hid my undergarments inside my pants and shirt.

Before we came to bed the kids went to bed and said they were taking funny videos in the basement. Well when we came down to go to bed everything I had neatly put on the air mattress was flung all over it! :mad: I do NOT like people touching my stuff without permission. So I point it out to hubby and he says I shouldn't talk to him about it but to the kids parents. He didn't think it was a big deal. WHAT? Can't he stand up for me? So with my undergarments strewn about now I'm wondering what funny videos they were making. Can't these kids respect other people's property? They didn't do it to hubby's stuff.I am super mad. I think it is a big deal but I don't want to look like the witchy one nor do I want to cause trouble. I think if I visit his family again I will be staying in a hotel or not at all. I don't think our ride back home tomorrow is going to be a fun one. Sorry for the ramble it is just upsetting and I needed to vent. But yeah, hubby definitely owes me big time.
That's just awful. No that's beyond awful. I'd say he owes you and then some. Going through guests personal items is, I don't even have words for that. Breakfast in bed for a week once he's better sounds fair and maybe a nice dinner out

Figgy1

Premium Member
Cheers!

th

It has been that kinda year. By the way, I'm having the Riesling. My hot cocoa of choice tonight. :cyclops:
Good for you I wound up having some herbal tea.

Figgy1

Premium Member
It is rare thing when Disney bites the Social Media bullet to bring anything back again. My templet for Stupid was the Adventurers Club. Wildly popular, still would have fit nicely into the New Vision for Disney Springs or even the original Wharf. They were not going back there....
and this.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Depends on who you are asking...onsite guests or offsite/day guests. Shipping it back to room while you are in a holding pen not a bad use of time if you are going to do it anyways.

Now Disney is messing with the time tables of shipping to rooms, that could cost them but worse is off the app to front gate pick up, I don't get that one, certainly a loose loose for Disney. Foolish.
I missed that what's going on with the timing?

Figgy1

Premium Member
Me, an extra hour sleep in morning now. I loved the show but now if the lines and guests will be distributed better for security and turnstiles, (a word my grandchildren of the future will not comprehend) I'm more likely to grab something to eat at the resort and catch up on some zzzz's. From what I've seen as the Master Plan for the Magic Kingdom I'm still more impressed with Universal Florida's Security, imagineered well.
I also was very impressed with the security at UNI. On our first day there(we were there well before rope drop) I took one look at the lines and went almost into panic mode for no reason. It was almost as quick as getting into Disney pre bag check in September. ok not quite that quick but it felt like it.

Songbird76

I need sleep serious sleep ..LOL The boys got me a waffle iron because I haven't been able to make any since we had to give our old one away. Guess what I spent the better part of the morning doing:rolleyes: Any hoo I'm not going to hold it against them because they remembered to get me the one and only thing I asked for at Disney:joyfull: Santa got me Finding Dory so now that everybody's gone I'm going to sit and watch it with a glass of wine if I can stay awake for 2 more hours:hilarious: I hope all of you had as fun of a weekend as we did.
So I take it you got your kitchen gadgets that you wanted? What were the others? I'm glad they remembered!

Songbird76

Thanks to both of you and hubby definitely does owe me big time. The time downtown wasn't too bad, there were fun moments. It was hubby's two sisters, one bro in law, the oldest niece and me. The other bro in law stayed back with the younger kids (ages 10-14) and took them to laser tag.

Hubs and I were planning to spend the 29, in the city over night on our own. As I was heading back today with his family hubby texted me and said he still wasn't any better and would I mind if I cancelled the hotel for the 29th. Well if he wasn't feeling better staying in downtown Chicago wouldn't be any fun so I cancelled the hotel.

So here comes the part where I get mad.....
After being back at his sisters house tonight they decide that all the adults should go out to dinner. Fine, hubs is even coming along. So when we get back hubby and I go down to the basement to change into our pajamas. The basement is where we have been allocated to sleep (for years) on air mattresses or a saggy pull out. But I put up with it because he wants to be with his family. This is also where the kids hang out. So I go to where I had neatly piled my blankets and pillows and they are all strewn about and hubby says that they were playing with my pillows earlier and he had to tell them to stop. That makes me mad and it happens frequently but it is just my pillows.

Here is the kicker. So I after changing into pjs after dinner I again I neatly arrange my pillows blankets and the clothes I had worn today on the bed I will be sleeping on. It isn't even in their play/hang out area really. They have no reason to be near it. I even hid my undergarments inside my pants and shirt.

Before we came to bed the kids went to bed and said they were taking funny videos in the basement. Well when we came down to go to bed everything I had neatly put on the air mattress was flung all over it! :mad: I do NOT like people touching my stuff without permission. So I point it out to hubby and he says I shouldn't talk to him about it but to the kids parents. He didn't think it was a big deal. WHAT? Can't he stand up for me? So with my undergarments strewn about now I'm wondering what funny videos they were making. Can't these kids respect other people's property? They didn't do it to hubby's stuff.I am super mad. I think it is a big deal but I don't want to look like the witchy one nor do I want to cause trouble. I think if I visit his family again I will be staying in a hotel or not at all. I don't think our ride back home tomorrow is going to be a fun one. Sorry for the ramble it is just upsetting and I needed to vent. But yeah, hubby definitely owes me big time.
It's not a big deal to him because it isn't a violation of HIS space/stuff...but it IS a big deal. And because it's a big deal to you, it SHOULD be a big deal to him. It sounds like maybe he is just not wanting to make waves with his family, having taken up so much of the attention for being sick. I'm so sorry he didn't stand up for you. How long are you there? Can you just ask, in front of the children, if there is someplace you can lock up your things where they are safe from intrusion? That lets the parents know what their little monsters were up to, it lets them know that you aren't happy about it, and lets the kids know you don't like it and that it is unacceptable, without making a huge drama out of it. They know what happened and can feel appropriately abashed and have the opportunity to resolve the situation without you looking like the bad guy.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Yeah, been hearing the rumblings and rumor bin on this for a while. From what my kid had been telling me it has a lot more to do with the 'fix' to security, the time to get guests through and the holding pen needing to be bigger than the cut of that particular show.

This time I'll cut Disney some slack on the need to revise the needs of security over the almighty dollar. But opening the stores early and eateries will pay for the security upgrades many times over.

I am looking forward to the return to this older style park opening.I remember pre 2001 when it was done in this way. The train show is nice but italways felt cramped (to me) and the argy bargy under the train station was always stupid. I can only hope they roll this out to EPCOT and have the exits from the central plaza roped off like they used to.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom