A Terror-rific Spirited 13th (ToT fans have lots to fear)...

brb1006

Childhood dreams, coming true... must... not...
giphy.gif
Can't wait to see how the music for the ride will be like.

brb1006

I know, it was awful. Notice how she doesn't do anything evil in the movie, which goes against the entire point of showing the story from her perspective. They took one of Disney's greatest villains and turned her into a lame hero who looked out for Sleeping Beauty during her childhood because the fairies are completely incompetent in this version. :banghead:
The sad thing is the film could had been at least decent if they didn't take the wicked approach.

brb1006

I'm all for changing a story sometimes, if it works. Maleficent just doesn't do that. I like that she's the "mistress of all evil" for no apparent reason at all. Giving a backstory as to why she's mean ruined it for me (kind of like Ron Howard's How the Grinch Stole Christmas, which gave a backstory on how the Grinch came to hate Christmas, despite the original source material stating no one knew why he hated Christmas). What they did to the Three Good Fairies was wrong. I could go on.

Cinderella wasn't exactly like its animated version, but even if it was, I'd rather watch that over and over again before ever taking time to watch Maleficent again. Beauty and the Beast is great the way it is...why change it? And based on the trailer, I can already tell the live-action version will not be exactly like the animated one.

All of Disney's recent live-action films are cash grabs because they're all animation-to-live-action projects and guaranteed to make money. There's nothing truly original about any of these films, Maleficent included. I can't remember the last time Disney made a truly live-action film that not only received stellar ratings, but also made lots of money.
But I liked The Jungle Book and looking forward to Beauty And The Beast :(

Quinnmac000

If the mat racer patent is being used for the volcano bay, it makes sense why some the slides aren't themed. (The patent uses the mats inside the slide to illuminate the slide on the outside creating a show for those waiting in the Queue.)

BrianLo

If the mat racer patent is being used for the volcano bay, it makes sense why some the slides aren't themed. (The patent uses the mats inside the slide to illuminate the slide on the outside creating a show for those waiting in the Queue.)

I'm not actually sure what they patented per-say, as that water slide concept already exists.

Was on it two months ago in the West Edmonton mall. Complete with interactive mats, a scoring system and track selection once you program in your name and song genre.

I'm sure it exists in other water parks but I'm far from a coniseur of them.

Quinnmac000

I'm not actually sure what they patented per-say, as that water slide concept already exists.

Was on it two months ago in the West Edmonton mall. Complete with interactive mats, a scoring system and track selection once you program in your name and song genre.

I'm sure it exists in other water parks but I'm far from a coniseur of them.

Just checked the slideboarding at West Edmonton similar but different from the patent. (Mats are face front, sensor housed in the hand rails, lights the water for your personal settings and illuminates the outside of the slides creating a light show for those who are watching, tapu tapu activates your mat personalized to your settings and films you and broadcasts your face as you go down the slide across the park to a customized soundtrack) The similarity is the soundtrack part and they are interactive.

Absimilliard

Just checked the slideboarding at West Edmonton similar but different from the patent. (Mats are face front, sensor housed in the hand rails, lights the water for your personal settings and illuminates the outside of the slides creating a light show for those who are watching, tapu tapu activates your mat personalized to your settings and films you and broadcasts your face as you go down the slide across the park to a customized soundtrack) The similarity is the soundtrack part and they are interactive.

Yeah, that's what I figured out as well from reading the patent that Universal registered and what I know about the WhiteWater Slideboarding experience. West Edmonton Mall installed that earlier this year at the World Waterpark.

WhiteWater is not providing any slides to Volcano Bay, so we'll if Proslide manufactured something similar.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom