PizzeRizzo announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios - Was: Rumor: Pizza Planet/Mama Melrose closing?

Goofyernmost

The Muppets are not cartoons, and even then a cartoon character being on model is an old, standard practice.
Cartoon was probably a loose definition, so I'll change it. How do you do a caricature of a model, not a real person that developed on it's own, that was in all probability created from a drawing. A play on its features when the model was a play on fictitious features to begin with that were already exaggerated for comic affect. Unless, of course, one had met the actual, real life Gonzo. You know the one that exists in nature so you could play off his distinct features. Then it would be a caricature. Otherwise it is just a drawing of a drawing of a character that doesn't really exist. See, what I mean. Whatever, one draws will be exactly how that character looks like at the time it is drawn.

lazyboy97o

Cartoon was probably a loose definition, so I'll change it. How do you do a caricature of a model, not a real person that developed on it's own, that was in all probability created from a drawing. A play on its features when the model was a play on fictitious features to begin with that were already exaggerated for comic affect. Unless, of course, one had met the actual, real life Gonzo. You know the one that exists in nature so you could play off his distinct features. Then it would be a caricature. Otherwise it is just a drawing of a drawing of a character that doesn't really exist. See, what I mean. Whatever, one draws will be exactly how that character looks like at the time it is drawn.
It is not just whatever. Characters are either on-model or off-model.

gmajew

Premium Member
It would be nearly impossible for this type of establishment to do something similar to blaze pizza. The volume that this QSR will produce compared to the average blaze is not even remotely close. On top of that the skill level of the pizza cook at blaze is high as training on that oven and producing a perfect product takes time and man power. So Disney had to create a pizza that was easily able to be consistent and produced fast and the same. So a wood fire oven in this type of setting is not possible.

Now they for sure could have upped the quality if the product and made it more New York style and still use a simple conveyor belt oven to make it dummy proof. The company they use for there pizzas has a frozen dough product they could have used and served slices of pizzas for sure. The issue I feel here is most people don't want to order slices. They want the personal pies. And to do that New York style is not a simple process.

Now things I would have done to up this pizza is getting just the shells from the manufacture then on site I would sauce and dress the pies. I would use real sausage not the turds they use and upmthr level of cheese they use. To make it more authentic. These simple changes would improve the product but would still add man power needed to produce.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
I wonder if the E and the D in "The City's Top Rated Pizza" Sign will flicker in and out! :)

pizzerizzo_muppets_pizza_restaurant_disneys_holl.jpg

Even better... It's Rat Pizza!

DinoInstitute

:cautious: I'm getting two very different stories right now, from equally reliable places, so I don't really know at the moment. But I'm not really expecting to hear anything new until after the 1st of the year.
Source A: New Great Muppet Movie Ride E-Ticket coming in its place!!!
Source B: You can probably expect some new curtains sometime soon

:p

flynnibus

Premium Member
It would be nearly impossible for this type of establishment to do something similar to blaze pizza. The volume that this QSR will produce compared to the average blaze is not even remotely close. On top of that the skill level of the pizza cook at blaze is high as training on that oven and producing a perfect product takes time and man power. So Disney had to create a pizza that was easily able to be consistent and produced fast and the same. So a wood fire oven in this type of setting is not possible.

Scale horizontal... they charge enough to do so :)

Or simply take away the customization and work on a forecast and queue. Pre-made doesn't have to be low quality. You just keep the time between bake and serving low. Focus on 'personal size' portions that allow you to amp up the # of units while reducing the loss from deadheads.

Considering they are already working on 'deliver to table' systems, no need to try to turn an order around in 2mins while they stand at the table if you wanted to goto a customized menu too. But stick to the usuals.. or limit to toppings that can be added and reheated quickly.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom