A Terror-rific Spirited 13th (ToT fans have lots to fear)...

RSoxNo1

So, as per usual, Tom Amity Clueless puts up a crazy **** rumour and everyone runs with it. This tale was far out of the spoiled manchild's wheelhouse. This one was from all the way in China. A place he likely will never visit because he doesn't have the money of the other O-Town Lifestylers who have made the long journey of late.

The tale he spun was one of two brothers. One was older and lived in Hong Kong. The younger was more flamboyant and resides in Shanghai. It was a tale of supposed castle envy. Size matters my friends. Ask any fanboi when you play a game of "Find the Vinylmation."

The older sibling was jealous of his younger brother's size advantage and set about to blow up his MAGICal castle for a more ostentatious one (think anything Trump here). He too would have a large castle and not lose face, nor fanbois, in China. Sound good?

Except, like most of what you read on the Internet, it ain't true.

Just think about the stupidity of the story. I don't even want to poke holes into this because you should be able to figure them out on your own. Why this was so out there.

How does this happen? Does he simply make things up as he goes (when he isn't stealing stuff from me or others here or elsewhere)? I don't think so. Much like an old blogger who lives for attention and takes 10% facts and makes up the other 90% cloaked in folksy homsepun BS, I believe he (or, more likely a source) found plans for a castle rehab that has been on and off for years. Basically, Sleeping Beauty Castle in HKDL was built as a carbon copy of DL's like much of Main Street and the entrance. Except, unlike Anaheim's, which features a shop and a charming walk-thru, China's first MK has a castle that is really simply a facade. You enter one side in the Hub and come out in Fantasyland. That is it. Don't like it? Blame Pressler and Eisner and Co. (you could also blame Iger since he was the No. 2 at the company then).

For years, plans have existed to plus the exterior of the castle a bit and add something or somethings to it. The space exists as the castle was literally copied from DL. So this could easily be done ... or they could be a bit more creative with the space, although not much.

The point is that is all that will be done. HKDL still has some issues, although it certainly is a beautiful and unique Disney park now. No one has castle envy and the idea of this happening ... well, I know I am the one telling you things like the GotG taking over one and now, possibly, two ToTs ... is crazy and dumb.

I would suggest something to Tommy Boi, though. Make sure you know who your sources are and where their information is coming from and what their agendas are. Or else you will wind up with No. 69: Egg Foo Young on your face.

I am disappointed that people simply take his stuff for truth when so much is crazy like this. But then you see him on Ch-9, the ABC affiliate in O-Town and you realize that real news doesn't exist in this country anymore.

BTW, this episode reminded me of the entire Joe Rohde and Tom Ftizgerald are losing their jobs insanity, which did start here and then jumped to Tommy's site. Vet your damn information and these things wouldn't happen.
The amount of misinformation that he puts on that site is criminal, especially when it has the following that it does.

Of course, have we ruled out the possibility that what he said and what he meant are two different things? That seems to be the climate we see in the political arena. Perhaps he meant that he would be partnering with Theme Park Connection to make larger resin copies of the Hong Kong castle for sale on his site. Look for that next to the genuine Letters of Resignation he has for sale from Joe Rohde and Tom Fitzgerald.

AEfx

I feel so attacked right now. :p

Here, we have a place where you can go and not be judged:

Safe-Space-Picture.jpg

God this makes me physically sick... Out of all the rides to do this to, they use one of arguably the most popular rides in both of the parks they are planning to take it away from. Not only do I have to deal with the loss of the one in DCA that's nearest to me, but now I don't have a chance in hell even with WDW. Why won't Disney just listen to their Audience with this? They are really going against the current with this and tbh this is as low as they've been in a while. This is obviously some sort of greedy commercial grab to bring Marvel in, but this is definitely NOT the way to do it.:cry::banghead:

Last edited:

Disney Analyst

They just have to pull it back down anyway so why get a new one?

So you're against MK finally upgrading their tree? Probably the ugliest one in any Disney Park... Disneylands tree is gorgeous. In fact, when did they last upgrade the holiday package at MK besides the castle lights and giant wreaths?

JoeCamel

So you're against MK finally upgrading their tree? Probably the ugliest one in any Disney Park... Disneylands tree is gorgeous. In fact, when did they last upgrade the holiday package at MK besides the castle lights and giant wreaths?

Sure put words in my post.... Whatever you want me to say.

Bocabear

and let's be honest, the giant wreaths and brackets are really hideous...a very inelegant solution when something much nicer and more appropriate could have been done. I think the Magic Kingdom decor needs a complete and total makeover including adding specific themed decor for each land...

MagicHappens1971

and let's be honest, the giant wreaths and brackets are really hideous...a very inelegant solution when something much nicer and more appropriate could have been done. I think the Magic Kingdom decor needs a complete and total makeover including adding specific themed decor for each land...
I definitely agree. AK's Holiday decor was themed in the all different lands. I think MK's Holiday decor needs an overhaul. DHS was also pretty good this year. Epcot wasn't decorated when I went this weekend but if I remember right, in the past it hasn't been that bad. In my opinion I think Holiday Services did the best job with AK.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon

The Old garlands were beautiful and set the mood there is NO reason why they could not have been raised during the FoF parade and dropped back to lamppost height after the parade all that would have been required would have been rooftop hoists.

But Considering the Poly waterfall was ripped out so guests could see the 'The Castle' when they entered the Poly''s new 'Hampton Inn' lobby (some of which have bigger water features than Tiki Shrug). I suspect the designers were told by Marketing that the 'The Castle' must be fully visible upon park entry.

Katie G

anyone notice how universal Orlando secretly increased multi-day ticket prices with the release of the new tickets with VB?

Last week park to park (IOA & UO) tickets looked like this:
2-day: 219.99
3-day: 229.99
4-day: 239.99

This week after "releasing" Volcano Bay prices they park to park (IOA & UO) tickets look like this:
2-day: 234.99 +$15
3-day: 254.99 +$25
4-day: 264.99 +$25

Katie G

And also secretly changed their 1-day seasonal tickets. On May 31, they announced only the gate would have seasonal 1-day but now their website has them also. With names, descriptions and dates nearly the same as Disney.

All this secret price changes would have received EXTREME outrage if it were Disney, but I see no announcements or coverage of any kind for universal.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom