A Terror-rific Spirited 13th (ToT fans have lots to fear)...

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
Would be nice if that Stitch figure found a new home in Tomorrowland
push-636x480.png

FigmentJedi

It won't quite be that.

In fact there's a few nods to the past that surprised even me.
Rohde made a savings throw and successfully argued that the Marvel Figment books justify bringing Dreamfinder back to a rebooted Imagination?

Someone sneaking art of the Sage of Time into a meeting and clumsily passing him off as a Celestial or Elder of the Universe?
Rude. That Stitch figure's one of the few things that shouldn't be thrown in the trash.

HauntedMansionFLA

Wow, that makes me extremely curious. I can't really imagine what that could entail, but if they could make a Marvel area "fit" effectively in Epcot, I'm intrigued.
While they are working on EE, work could be going on at WOL and it won't bother any of the guest. They could re-theme mission space to fit the Marvel brand? Lots of different possibilities.

wdwvision

ToT is as close to theme park perfection as I think they can get. No other ride/attraction at WDW manages to capture and keep my attention every time I ride, and somehow manage to get me to look at something I've probably seen dozens of times before but yet make me look at it in awe at the level of detail, like I'm seeing it for the first time. The outside queue, the inside queue, pre-pre-show area, the pre-show area, the boiler room... All are arguably perfect.
I just rode it for the first time in 15 years this past Saturday. I completely agree with your assessment. Out of curiosity, what is the "pre-pre-show area"? I'm assuming the pre-show area is the room with the television playing the Serling intro to the ride.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
Rohde made a savings throw and successfully argued that the Marvel Figment books justify bringing Dreamfinder back to a rebooted Imagination?

Someone sneaking art of the Sage of Time into a meeting and clumsily passing him off as a Celestial or Elder of the Universe?

Rude. That Stitch figure's one of the few things that shouldn't be thrown in the trash.

Please. Stitch was the result of focus-grouping gone terribly wrong which resulted in an attraction that was left to fester and die a slow death.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Those actually did operate seasonally for while, didn't they?

And I agree that the Stitch figures need to be saved. I still think that all those animatronics could be put to good use by adding show scenes to the various empty rooms and corridors of the peoplemover.
Timekeeper received the "seasonal" death knell.

Horizons ran "seasonally" for four years. So much for that sink hole.

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
If they want a Marvel IP at ToT, then Doctor Strange is the better fit. He's a ghost buster. Agents of Shield are already dealing with a 'ghost' storyline. Instead of Rod giving the narration, let Strange do it -- what else can ease the pain of the loss of Sterling than to hear Bandersnitch Cucumberland. The changes to the FX would be absolutely minimal. Replace the TZ eye with the Eye of Agamotto. Replace the TZ music with the score from the movie. Strange does time travel and so, you go back to when the Hollywood Tower became haunted and investigate a disruption of the Astral Plane (formerly known as the Twilight Zone). Zero changes needed to the exterior except the signage.

FigmentJedi

Please. Stitch was the result of focus-grouping gone terribly wrong which resulted in an attraction that was left to fester and die a slow death.
Lilo and Stitch was a misfit movie that Disney didn't know what to do with (hence the marketing campaign) and it ended up succeeding greatly on its wonderful sense of humor and heartful story. But Disney learned nothing and decided that the movie did well because Stitch was vaguely Poochie-esque and they drove that into the ground.

Bairstow

I really do think Stitch was a good idea poorly executed. Alien Encounter was a personal favorite but a constant guest services headache and stitch as an IP should have been a good fit. The problem was that the show designers underestimated the inherit scariness of darkness and those restraints and failed to understand what makes the Stitch character endearing in the film.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
Lilo and Stitch was a misfit movie that Disney didn't know what to do with (hence the marketing campaign) and it ended up succeeding greatly on its wonderful sense of humor and heartful story. But Disney learned nothing and decided that the movie did well because Stitch was vaguely Poochie-esque and they drove that into the ground.

The path to failure is often paved with the best of intentions. It was a crappy attraction, that was shoehorned in to replace a rather unique, yet dark, attraction.

Bairstow

Or how about they actually dive in and actually retheme the park outright instead of just making it a grab bag and hope no one notices?

It shouldn't be on the customer to 'just accept' things... it should be on the business to create an attractive product that we want to consume.

Things aren't always the way they should be.

I think Disney fans' often fail to realize how tepid a lot of the contemporary reaction to EPCOT was. Nerdy kids like me loved it, but most people weren't after edutainment then, and certainly aren't now. There's a reason reason Disney hasn't cloned that park or even sections of it elsewhere on the planet- it was never really what the public wanted.

It was amazing and great and a testament to the ambition and hubris of corporate America in the 1970s that it got built at all, but I just don't see Disney putting a lot of money into the old idea of EPCOT, at least not the future world side. A hodgepodge of well-themed mini-lands and attractions, Islands of adventure style, is probably our best case scenario, long term.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom