Rumor Stitch's Great Escape Replacement— Don’t Hold Your Breath

Jwhee

From what im picking up itll be a ride system like this

chairs_0.jpg

Bocabear

What if they reused the stitch animatronics in the indoor tunnel scenes...mischieviously re-routing commuter traffic, and re-programing the woman's hairdo in the other scene and maybe something in the interm,inable darkness of Space Mountain... that would give the stitch lovers something... though I have to admit, i really dislike Stitch...

yensidtlaw1969

Are you serious? In order of opening dates
Autotopia- 1955
Railroad-1955
Jungle Cruise-1955
Riverboat-1955
Pirate's Lair-1956
Monorail- 1959
Matterhorn- 1959
Tiki Room- 1963
Great Moments with Mr Lincoln-1965
it's a small world-1966
Pirates of the Caribbean-1967
Haunted Mansion-1969
And that's just the stuff that's still around. On opening day, IP-related attractions were contained pretty exclusively to Fantasyland. You had Davy Crockett milling about Frontierland and Mickey roamed the park with Minnie, but that's about as blurred as the lines got. The park's lands were based on Themes that had been proven to stoke the imaginations of the American people, not so much individual movies that could move merchandise on Main Street.

JohnD

Martin says they're bringing back Timekeeper! All about TIME...he had LEGS...and NineEye would use the sunglasses!!
:cool::angelic:

I was googling "Disney" and "Time". I came up with "Meet the Robinsons" and a Toy Story, um, story, "Toy Story That Time Forgot". Never saw "Timekeeper."

Okay with me. ABS. (Anything But Stitch).

Bocabear

It is a unique experience, and with the proper story it will make for a great attraction. Heck, you're just sitting down in The American Adventure Experience, and that's lauded as an excellent attraction.
That is, IF it is a unique and amazing attraction...no one really knows yet...

Seabasealpha1

Can I ask what is probably a stupid question and a thread drift?

With all the discussions about WIR and a change to the Speedway, what is the possibility with today's technology to make the Speedway into Sugar Rush using VR glasses? I don't know how VR works. Can computers have the processing power to track cars, display the images of your VR surroundings and most importantly, for the end, put a car's image in real time to the glasses of the car behind them so you don't bump them while nearing the Finish line?
MY thought is that the speedway is way too slow to make a convincing "Sugar Rush" experience...they might as well level every last bit of the speedway and put in a pavilion/building where a proper ride system could be added.

I personally hold the speedway at #2 on the worst attractions at Magic Kingdom list. Between the noise it makes, the gasoline fumes...and the fact that a speedway full of really slow, really old go-carts...just doesn't say "Aliens" or "the future that never was"...it says "global warming and smog" to me...

JohnD

"He'd love to take the time, to take you thru time!"

I miss it more all the time. They brought Captain EO back when Michael Jackson died, why not the Timekeeper for Robin Williams? He did more for Disney than MJ ever did...

Apparently, this attraction is the one that is confirmed.

Seabasealpha1

"He'd love to take the time, to take you thru time!"

I miss it more all the time. They brought Captain EO back when Michael Jackson died, why not the Timekeeper for Robin Williams? He did more for Disney than MJ ever did...
Wouldn't this be the first "real resurrection" for a full attraction? Or would that be Captain EO...I guess I separate films from attractions/rides.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom