News Disney Not Renewing Great Movie Ride Sponsorship Deal with TCM ; Attraction to Close

EPCOTCenterLover

I'll bet Mickey LPS goes in DCA at Paradise Pier. Under the Mickey head or close.

BTW- I'd just love a trackless Haunted Mansion one day. Maybe in the next Magic Kingdom...

Gomer

I hope it's a hybrid of both. Imagine the possibilities for what a section dedicated to The Sorcerer's Apprentice would be like. I'm imagining it to be like the final section of Mystic Manor where you are spinning around the room a few times while crazy stuff is going on. But we see Mickey in the middle doing this.
giphy.gif
Or they might cheap out and just repurpose the Sorcerer's Apprentice section from GMR.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I hope it's a hybrid of both. Imagine the possibilities for what a section dedicated to The Sorcerer's Apprentice would be like. I'm imagining it to be like the final section of Mystic Manor where you are spinning around the room a few times while crazy stuff is going on. But we see Mickey in the middle doing this.
giphy.gif

I'd be excited about a dark ride based on Sorcerer's Apprentice. In a new building...maybe the building could be in the shape of a hat? :angelic:

brb1006

I'd be excited about a dark ride based on Sorcerer's Apprentice. In a new building...maybe the building could be in the shape of a hat? :angelic:
The building should look more like Yen Sid's place it would be like an old style castle. But the closest that I can think would have to be like the Mysterious Tower design from the Kingdom Hearts series and the interior can be based on the look from the Epic Mickey series.
maxresdefault.jpg

imgF48.jpg

Blairnicol

I've always wondered why there wasn't a ride dedicated to the Main Mouse....I'm that they've come up with a concept that seems worthy of him and that they are using a ride system that so many of us have been waiting for. It sounds like the ride will do MM justice....

However..

It should not be at the sacrifice/gutting of GMR. Even though Mickey is the ONLY IP that I would ever be ok with replacing it...I hate to even say I'm "ok" with it...because GMR was so much of what DHS was supposed to be...

It sounds like this ride is of that same thread...I just wish they could have put it in Animation Courtyard instead? I'm excited about this ride. I'm sad to see GMR go instead of being updated. As @marni1971 said-it would have been so easy to update the individual scenes with movies like Frozen, ect while continuing to maintain the remaining scenes. It's a bummer to see such a great ride go the way of the Dodo....

Peter Pano

I hope it's a hybrid of both. Imagine the possibilities for what a section dedicated to The Sorcerer's Apprentice would be like. I'm imagining it to be like the final section of Mystic Manor where you are spinning around the room a few times while crazy stuff is going on. But we see Mickey in the middle doing this complete with water effects which might wet some riders depending on the section there are located at while the room is dark.
giphy.gif

This is such a gorgeous idea. There, now you set the bar of my expectations firmly up on the rooftop and I will be crushed and utterly mad at WDI if they fall any kind of short of your description! :p

CinematicFusion

Yes they really will.

Another vote for why this should be a new build and not a replacement.

The Mouse LPS will be a very good ride. Maybe even excellent. But it shouldn't be at the expense of anything else, let alone the GMR.

GMR was a favorite for my mom. If Mickey is taking it's place and it's a great ride....I have no problem with it.
I wouldn't have a problem with a complete redesign of GMR with today's tech either. Both are excellent concepts.
GMR was a little dated last time a rode and I wasn't impressed.

VulcanCafe

I hope it's a hybrid of both. Imagine the possibilities for what a section dedicated to The Sorcerer's Apprentice would be like. I'm imagining it to be like the final section of Mystic Manor where you are spinning around the room a few times while crazy stuff is going on. But we see Mickey in the middle doing this complete with water effects which might wet some riders depending on the section there are located at while the room is dark.

I had this exact same thought, you beat me by 20 minutes!

This would be spectacular, and its so obvious that I hope this occurred to planners involved!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom