News Disney Not Renewing Great Movie Ride Sponsorship Deal with TCM ; Attraction to Close

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
The Wizard of Oz room is still awe-inspiring.
My next favourite aspect is the movie montage at the end.

I find the attraction is still worth riding a couple of times/trip, but something new, fresh, innovative, and the same duration would also be nice. But please, please do not take away a 22-minute ride and replace it with something much shorter!

Agree.

Magenta Panther

Ahhh, too bad. I really like the ride, even with that Busby Berkeley eyesore and the cheap-looking "tribute" to Fantasia that replaced what was supposed to be the twister scene from The Wizard of Oz.

On the other hand, if soon there's not going to be a Great Movie Ride anymore, there'll never be a Great Muppet Movie ride. Silver lining! :D

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Ahhh, too bad. I really like the ride, even with that Busby Berkeley eyesore and the cheap-looking "tribute" to Fantasia that replaced what was supposed to be the twister scene from The Wizard of Oz.

On the other hand, if soon there's not going to be a Great Movie Ride anymore, there'll never be a Great Muppet Movie ride. Silver lining! :D

image.jpg

Or perhaps you prefer:

image.jpeg
image.png
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpg
image.jpg

PiratesoftheHM

It is really hard to be a Disney fan this year.

SWL in Disneyland, Tower of Terror both resorts in danger, Epcot ruined with Frozen and GOTG, Star Wars exclusive fireworks coming to DL.

Seriously we need to get a Save Disney campaign going. What the hell are they thinking? Hollywood Blvd and Sunset Blvd are both wonderful streets and two of my favorite areas in WDW. They still fit the theme that the park appears to be going toward. Front half the Hollywood that never was and then walk into the movies. TGMR just needs an update. I still love the Mary Poppins, Singin' in the Rain, Wizard of Oz scenes.

Biff215

Well this would make some darn sense. If I had to pick a place for GOTG to go between ToT, UoE & GMR..... so long GMR.
Really hate that idea, but agree it might be the lesser evil ultimately if those are the only choices (which of course they are not). If this is for Guardians, I will be even more upset about losing GMR. Just doesn't make any sense in my mind.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom