Avatar construction aerial updates

Cesar R M

I believe a while back @WDW1974 said there was talk about a third attraction at Avatar which could be the trails. Disney is pretty tight lipped on the information about the land. I hope so. You would want a land where people want to spend time looking at all of the details. Not just ride two attraction then leave.
Man... its going to be a long year with all the anticipation.

If the tree can look this good (the tree of life). I cant imagine how detailed Avatarland was planned to show.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Are we "getting" any sort of walking trail as an attraction? Something like the Pandora version of maharajah jungle trek?

I believe a while back @WDW1974 said there was talk about a third attraction at Avatar which could be the trails. Disney is pretty tight lipped on the information about the land. I hope so. You would want a land where people want to spend time looking at all of the details. Not just ride two attraction then leave.

There will be a few walkways off the beaten path, but they will still lead from A to B and not be like the exploration trail elsewhere in the park. And you certainly couldn't call them an attraction. Though I bet marketing would try!

rioriz

There will be a few walkways off the beaten path, but they will still lead from A to B and not be like the exploration trail elsewhere in the park. And you certainly couldn't call them an attraction. Though I bet marketing would try!

That's exactly what I think will happen! There will undoubtedly be some kind of scavenger game tied to the "experiences" at the opening or introduced later...

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
The photos I see look stunning and the person-hours to create this must be enormous, and exceedingly costly.

Not mention the fact that it seems like more or less 100% of the plant life in this area of the park will be man made and embedded with miles of wiring and lighting. COmbine that with all of the lighting on the walkways and floating islands I can only imagine how many crazy hours will have gone into making all of this stuff.

Mawg

Not mention the fact that it seems like more or less 100% of the plant life in this area of the park will be man made and embedded with miles of wiring and lighting. COmbine that with all of the lighting on the walkways and floating islands I can only imagine how many crazy hours will have gone into making all of this stuff.
While I hope what you believe is true, I'm thinking most of the lighting affects of plants and walkways will be only in the ride queues.

roj2323

I took a crack at doing an overlay to show the boat ride layout in relation to the buildings. What it looks like is about half of the attraction is underneath what is the mountainous facade. keep in mind the ariel photo is at a slight angle so things are off just slightly.
Screen Shot 2016-07-15 at 9.32.28 PM.png

HouseHacker97

I took a crack at doing an overlay to show the boat ride layout in relation to the buildings. What it looks like is about half of the attraction is underneath what is the mountainous facade. keep in mind the ariel photo is at a slight angle so things are off just slightly. View attachment 151443

Thanks so much for doing this! If what we've heard and seen from other pictures is correct, the area to the right of NRJ, kind of where its labeled "point of connection" should be part of the outside queue. I wonder how far the lines will wind into the building tho

space42

I took a crack at doing an overlay to show the boat ride layout in relation to the buildings. What it looks like is about half of the attraction is underneath what is the mountainous facade. keep in mind the ariel photo is at a slight angle so things are off just slightly. View attachment 151443
Are you sure that's correct ?
I don't recall any of the construction pictures showing the boat ride track extending outside under the mountain facade.
Someone else already did an overlay showing the layout confined to the show building.

TikiTorch

We will be passing through Orlando the first week of April '17. No plans to stop at WDW. But if Pandora is open...we may have to change those plans. What are the odds for April 1st?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom