Guardians of the Galaxy coming to Energy Pavilion at Epcot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bacon

This makes me very uncomfortable cause i love the bill nye and ellen nostalgia
got seems more fitting in mission space to me
iu

SpaceMountain77

While you guys are busy coming up with excuses for Disney to use in their Parks Blog to justify GotG in Epcot, I'm just going to read its eulogy...

Since you have mentioned the Disney Parks Blog, should you ever see an announcement for the limited release of t-shirts for a forgotten or overlooked attraction, know that its closure is coming. Disney makes final arrangements in the form of Disney Parks t-shirts, for $29.95 plus shipping and handling.

If a 1982, vintage, faded wash, Universe of Energy t-shirt is announced, then plan to say your farewells shortly after the 6-8 week delivery.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
This makes me very uncomfortable cause i love the bill nye and ellen nostalgia
got seems more fitting in mission space to me

Didn't Ellen say once that she never has seen the attraction itself? I know some celebrities refuse to watch their own performances like that.

doctornick

I wasn't referring to the Infinity Stone as that would be ludicrous. I was implying some kind of tech made by the Xandarians. I know GotG takes place in our present but just like Star Wars which takes place "a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away" all of the tech shown is pretty futuristic compared to what we have on earth.

I don't really see GotG being used in an educational way, but will likely be more straightforward entertainment. I mean, the Nemo ride at the Seas could have been done in a way to education (e.g. Mr Ray talking about the sea or aquatic life) but they simply went with the odd movie rehash. GotG would be even tougher to effectively make into something education.

That said, if they wanted to do something education or inspiration they don't need to have "energy" be the theme and shouldn't be constrained by that. They are totally redoing the pavilion and there's no reason that the original topics chosen for Epcot have to be used or are the only things that fit appropriately (even with the EPCOT Center mission). If there is some other other futuristic topic that would fit instead of "energy", they could use that if appropriate.

I guess my point is that people keep mentioning "energy" and there's no reason to do so. It doesn't have to be an energy pavilion; WoL doesn't have to be a health pavilion. If they could be used to focus on some other concept while keeping with the themes of Epcot's Future World (if possible; I'm skeptical and think a revision to Discoveryland or some such will come about) then they should do so. Maybe the pavilion could be more about SETI and the potential for encountering and interacting with alien life, for example.

Donaldfan1934

While you guys are busy coming up with excuses for Disney to use in their Parks Blog to justify GotG in Epcot, I'm just going to read its eulogy...
Spot on. Try to excuse it all you want, the results will always amount to nothing no matter how you try to cut it. This is just another one of those recent Disney placement decisions that's the definition of inexcusable.

Last edited:

seascape

If WDW were to update energy correctly it couldn't be politically correct. In the current version it's impossible for the US to become enery independent. We are running out of oil and there is no solution using natural gas. Now in 2016 we have cut out polution because of fracking natural gas causing the use of coal to plummet and the reduction of polution and carbon footprint. This is not what the politically correct green movement want. Fracking is bad. Natural gas and oil are bad. Exxon, Mobile, Chevron and other energy companies are bad. Being polilically correct means the Energy Pavilion can no longer exist because the truth is fracking natural gas is what is saving the country prividing the ability to bring back manufacturing and other industries to the USA.

Disney should update the Energy Pavilion and give the real energy story just like Walt would have wanted and would have done.

Phil12

If WDW were to update energy correctly it couldn't be politically correct. In the current version it's impossible for the US to become enery independent. We are running out of oil and there is no solution using natural gas. Now in 2016 we have cut out polution because of fracking natural gas causing the use of coal to plummet and the reduction of polution and carbon footprint. This is not what the politically correct green movement want. Fracking is bad. Natural gas and oil are bad. Exxon, Mobile, Chevron and other energy companies are bad. Being polilically correct means the Energy Pavilion can no longer exist because the truth is fracking natural gas is what is saving the country prividing the ability to bring back manufacturing and other industries to the USA.

Disney should update the Energy Pavilion and give the real energy story just like Walt would have wanted and would have done.
Just get Exxon or one of the other energy companies to sponsor the pavilion again and Disney will be glad to tell any fairy tale they want told. Even the one you provided.

ShoalFox

In the Parks
Yes
Just get Exxon or one of the other energy companies to sponsor the pavilion again and Disney will be glad to tell any fairy tale they want told. Even the one you provided.
Too bad the general public hates ExxonMobil now. If they go with another oil company, the show would probably just end up similar to what's already there and other power companies probably wouldn't bother.

SpaceMountain77

Too bad the general public hates ExxonMobil now. If they go with another oil company, the show would probably just end up similar to what's already there and other power companies probably wouldn't bother.

I was surprised that BP did not seek a corporate sponsorship of the pavilion after the Deepwater Horizon oil spill. I had anticipated the sponsorship as being part of a goodwill and reparation campaign.

ShoalFox

In the Parks
Yes
I was surprised that BP did not seek a corporate sponsorship of the pavilion after the Deepwater Horizon oil spill. I had anticipated the sponsorship as being part of a goodwill and reparation campaign.
There would have probably been more backlash than understanding, though. Most people I know still despise BP to this day and I wouldn't be surprised if a large portion of the population feels the same way. Heck, most of the BP stations near me turned into Marathons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom