Guardians of the Galaxy coming to Energy Pavilion at Epcot

Status
Not open for further replies.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Well, you lost me after the first paragraph
Only proving my point how simple minded and easily amused some people are.

It fits with the space theme
I was unaware that Epcots theme is, "Space".

Too many people are stuck in their Disney nostalgia that they aren't open to change.
Too many people cant see past their own desire for instant gratification that they continue to miss the point that more intelligent people make in regards to not having 2 Magic Kingdoms and that some people dont settle for, "its fun and its Disney"...unless your a 6 year old. Probly time to change your diaper.

gmajew

Premium Member
Too many people cant see past their own desire for instant gratification that they continue to miss the point that more intelligent people make in regards to not having 2 Magic Kingdoms and that some people dont settle for, "its fun and its Disney"...unless your a 6 year old. Probly time to change your diaper.

I completely agree, last night my 12 year old and I were discussing this rumor and his response was quick back at me when he said "Dad this is not what the vision of Epcot was suppose to be!" He went on to say Frozen and other characters were ok in the countries because it is just a world fair but even with them there it is still true to the vision of Epcot. He said just a guardians ride in Epcot does not belong at all.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Well, you lost me after the first paragraph so sorry you had to write all that. At least they're trying to come up with something new and get rid of the rubbish that's there now. It fits with the space theme, it's fun and it's Disney... Which is what people come to see. It fits in with the Epcot theme so whatever. It will be popular and as long as people enjoy it that's all that matters. Too many people are stuck in their Disney nostalgia that they aren't open to change.

But hey, opinions are like *** holes right?

If they replaced Le Cellier with a McDonalds it would be very popular and get a lot more traffic the Le Cellier does. Anyone who doesn't agree with this just isn't open to change.

Last edited:

Mike S

"We need Frozen in the park, well, Maelstrom isn't exactly an E-Ticket, let's make it one. Plus, Norway!"
They didn't though...
Only proving my point how simple minded and easily amused some people are.

I was unaware that Epcots theme is, "Space".

He's under the impression that it's going into Mission: SPACE and not Energy. Looks like someone missed the memo...

I'm also so tired of the "it's Disney so it works and that's what people come to see!!!" excuse. Is Pirates of the Caribbean not "Disney?" How about Haunted Mansion, Space Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain, Expedition Everest, etc.? How about this ride in Hong Kong? Is it not "Disney" enough? To me, it's more "Disney" than the decisions that led to Nemo, Gran Fiesta, Frozen Ever After, or this Guardians ride.

LOL heck even Taco Bell.....

;)
Obviously a great fit for Mexico.

bhg469

They didn't though...

He's under the impression that it's going into Mission: SPACE and not Energy. Looks like someone missed the memo...

I'm also so tired of the "it's Disney so it works and that's what people come to see!!!" excuse. Is Pirates of the Caribbean not "Disney?" How about Haunted Mansion, Space Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain, Expedition Everest, etc.? How about this ride in Hong Kong? Is it not "Disney" enough? To me, it's more "Disney" than the decisions that led to Nemo, Gran Fiesta, Frozen Ever After, or this Guardians ride.

Obviously a great fit for Mexico.

Knowing Disney, they would try to make it fit in Morocco.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
I completely agree, last night my 12 year old and I were discussing this rumor and his response was quick back at me when he said "Dad this is not what the vision of Epcot was suppose to be!" He went on to say Frozen and other characters were ok in the countries because it is just a world fair but even with them there it is still true to the vision of Epcot. He said just a guardians ride in Epcot does not belong at all.
Your son has more aptitude for knowledge and culture than the average 35 year old. Bravo on exposing him to the beauty and wonder of the world.

lazyboy97o

What the hecky is everyone complaining about? Epcot needs something fresh. I'm sorry, but mission space is a load of crapola and the thought of a guardians ride is exciting. It lacks major attractions and is currently a half a day park at best. Bring it on I say.
Well, you lost me after the first paragraph so sorry you had to write all that. At least they're trying to come up with something new and get rid of the rubbish that's there now. It fits with the space theme, it's fun and it's Disney... Which is what people come to see. It fits in with the Epcot theme so whatever. It will be popular and as long as people enjoy it that's all that matters. Too many people are stuck in their Disney nostalgia that they aren't open to change.

But hey, opinions are like *** holes right?
Yes, heaven forbid theme ever be a consideration at a theme park.

SorcererMC

This shows why diluting Epcot themes is cutting off their nose to spite their face....they are chasing dollars today but diminishing future returns, and potentially alienating their future consumer base. Of course, that's what they've been doing for a long time anyhow (hence the current state of Epcot).

Lee

Adventurer
It fits in with the Epcot theme so whatever.
Please....elaborate on this.

Because, for nearly 35 yard I've been under a different impression...

"To all who come to this place of joy, hope and friendship, welcome.

Epcot Center is inspired by Walt Disney's creative genius. Here, human achievements are celebrated through imagination, the wonders of enterprise, and concepts of a future that promises new and exciting benefits for all.

May Epcot Center entertain, inform and inspire. And, above all, may it instill a new sense of belief and pride in man's ability to shape a world that offers hope to people everywhere.

— E. Cardon Walker, October 24, 1982"

threvester

What the hecky is everyone complaining about? Epcot needs something fresh. I'm sorry, but mission space is a load of crapola and the thought of a guardians ride is exciting. It lacks major attractions and is currently a half a day park at best. Bring it on I say.
EPCOT is far from a half day park...you do realize there is a bunch of countries in the back there.. right?

jrogue

If you think Epcot is a half a day park then clearly you haven't even begun to explore Epcot.

Everyone agrees that Epcot needs to be refreshed, but there's a difference between throwing random together and making a nice, cohesive THEME park THEME. :facepalm:

GeneralZod

I'm one of those dorks who love planetariums...TDO should build the most awesome, interactive planetarium ever in Epcot.

But then they'd probably stick a raccoon in it... :p
I would love to see UoE transformed into the Cosmic Calendar as Part-1 and Spaceship Earth as Part-2 representing the last thirty seconds on said calendar.

I am fairly ignorant about EPCOT Center, but this to me sums up its original intention.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom