Marvel coming to WDW?!?!

Matt_Black

Speaking of which, Big Hero 6 are apparently free from the Uni contract and already have a presence at Epcot. Maybe something that can be combined with GotG in some way....

I have said it before, but I'll say it again- stick Big Hero Six in Wonders of Life. Hiro and Baymax can talk about medical robots and/ or diagnostic techniques, Honey Lemon can talk about biochemistry, Fred can talk about physical fitness, and Wasabe can talk about the use of lasers and electromagnetic fields in treatments.

Bill Cipher

In the Parks
Yes
I have said it before, but I'll say it again- stick Big Hero Six in Wonders of Life. Hiro and Baymax can talk about medical robots and/ or diagnostic techniques, Honey Lemon can talk about biochemistry, Fred can talk about physical fitness, and Wasabe can talk about the use of lasers and electromagnetic fields in treatments.
THIS! BH6 needs more representation and this is the most perfect way to put it into EPCOT. GoGo Tomago could also help Fred with the physical fitness section.

ChrisFL

Premium Member

Agreed 100%, it's enough of sci-fi plus real world stuff they could use.

odmichael

My reaction to this news:
tumblr_inline_n5jsrgsaq01qafrh6.gif

FigmentJedi

Still want Inside Out replacing Cranium Command though.

Phil12

Disney will use GotG at ToT in DCA as a test. If it does well there, they'll bring it to DHS at WDW. It's the sensible thing to do.

lazyboy97o

There is also a belief that GoTG cannot be used more than incidentally for an attraction. Orlando United is saying they can't and Robert from TPI outside of a deal. You guys are pretty sure they can do whatever they want beyond calling it 'Marvel'? Or believe a deal has already occurred?
I still think any chance to use Guardians of the Galaxy goes completely out the window once marketing for Avengers: Infinity War really gears up. There's just no way anyone could say they are not related while a massive marketing campaign is saying otherwise. This, along with the demand for faster and cheaper, would also explain the focus on repurposing an existing facility.

The name. That's an interesting one.

I've heard nothing directly naming it either "Marvel" or "Guardians".
Using the Marvel name is definitely out. That is exclusively Universal's to use.

Matt_Black

I still think any chance to use Guardians of the Galaxy goes completely out the window once marketing for Avengers: Infinity War really gears up. There's just no way anyone could say they are not related while a massive marketing campaign is saying otherwise.

Team-ups are different. I mean, using your logic, Disney isn't allowed to use Phineas & Ferb in the park, because they teamed up with them in Mission: Marvel.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I still think any chance to use Guardians of the Galaxy goes completely out the window once marketing for Avengers: Infinity War really gears up. There's just no way anyone could say they are not related while a massive marketing campaign is saying otherwise. This, along with the demand for faster and cheaper, would also explain the focus on repurposing an existing facility.

If this is true, then all the GoTG rumors would have to be bogus. No way Disney starts planning a major attraction if they don't have the legal side figured out.

brb1006

Nope. It's not a musical and the only thing it seems to keep from the original is that there's a kid named Pete and he has a dragon. Live-action dragon's name is even spelled as Elliot with one T versus the original being Elliott.
I'm going to skip this movie until it gets a DVD release. Then again I remember falling asleep when I first see it when I was young.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom