The Spirited 11th Hour ...

Cesar R M

And I am sure the lighting levels in person are much lower than the video making the screens blend more seamlessly with the physical sets... This ride is amazing. I would gladly give up our Pirates Cliff Notes Version in favor of gutting that whole area of Adventureland and putting in this version of Pirates with restaurant, pirates village and all...Let Disneyland and Disneyland Paris have the original and upgraded original versions.. and let the Magic Kingdom have something new and amazing for the 50th Anniversary!!
it sorta reminds me of Epcot's Mexico pavilion.
The restaurant right before the ride starts.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR

FigmentJedi

Lucas officially pulled it this morning. Museum will be built in California according to press release today.
Damn it all...
506e4ebeafa96f46d20000aa.png

FigmentJedi

They sure taught us a lesson. How did these people ever get to hold any sort of power? I have news for them - no one cares about the Field/Shedd/Adler Complex. This may have actually inspired some kids...
Field and Shedd are easily the most popular attractions in Chicago. That's why the Lucas Museum was going to be the new neighbor. The real skewed priorities here are the desire to protect a Bears tailgating parking lot and the old convention center. Friends of the Park(ing Lot) picked the stupidest hills to die on.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
They sure taught us a lesson. How did these people ever get to hold any sort of power? I have news for them - no one cares about the Field/Shedd/Adler Complex. This may have actually inspired some kids...

I assure you SOMEBODY in Chicago does, It's just they have a vision of building luxury condominiums on the site the museum would have occupied,

As a private pilot it's hard to forget the city which Bulldozed Meigs field overnight (which was an ACTIVE AIRPORT AT THE TIME) so that a 'connected' developer could build on the land, which stranded a bunch of airplanes which no longer had a runway to take off from.

In it's place there is THIS

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FirstMerit_Bank_Pavilion

Notably the Tuskegee Airmen Society used to introduce inner city kids to Aviation every summer at Meigs Field

Well Done Chicago AGAIN!

Wikkler

Those are fighting words.
Shedd Aquarium inspires future marine biologists, no? Does the Field Museum not inspire future geologists, palaeontologists, astronomers, zoologists, and archaeologists? To be fair, though, nobody likes nerds, and that is an absolute statement that's true for everybody.

BlueSkyDriveBy

Lucas officially pulled it this morning. Museum will be built in California according to press release today.
I'm ticked this project was pulled because I live in San Francisco. :mad:

Traffic here is getting ridiculous! Especially if you need to cross a bridge. And sticking this thing on TI... seriously... WTH are you guys thinking! Bridge traffic is already bad. This won't help. :banghead:

And by the time this sucker's even open... Warriors new stadium will be open... Salesforce Benioff Tower of Power will be open... more new luxury condo complexes... more new luxury apartment complexes... with the same crappy crowded pot-holed surface streets and lousy MUNI transit system! :banghead::mad::bawling:

Geez Louise, Georgie!

Why not suck it up and put your stupid museum out at The Ranch and deal with traffic woes up close?

Oh, that's right. The wealthy Marinites (of which you are one) would sue your Jedi posterior in court and win!! :D

Yeah, yeah. It sucks to be you. :bored:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom