A Spirited Dirty Dozen ...

gmajew

Premium Member
@WDW1974 ate today at your favorite theme park restaurant mythos for the first time. Price was incredible for the meals. Service was horrible! 55 minutes to get our food from time we ordered. With not a word from s manger or server. Food was very good exept the fish tacos which were very skimpy.

gmajew

Premium Member
Speaking of custom napkins, I was a concert a few weeks ago and the theatre had customized napkins from the bar. Seems if a small place such as that can bother incorporating something as simple as a themed napkin into their "experience", there is no reason why Disney can't...except cheap laziness

It is all about cost and the trend in the industry is to move away from the logo napkins especially if you are not using it for advertising.

Donaldfan1934

Getting real curious about that USH announcement tomorrow now.

Not really. We always knew screens would be present along with physical sets and the 360 scene like Hollywood. We also knew about the Kong AA and the fact that the others besides him would be bats and bugs though in reality we only have one bug. Ask @Disneyhead'71. My expectations for the ride went to a more reasonable level over the past year or so compared to the initial rumors and I'm looking forward to my first ride this weekend.
But that's the thing. Your expectations went down with the more valid information you received about it. Regardless of the specifics, there was a lot of talk about this being out of their wheelhouse and a potential game changer for them. People shouldn't talk up any piece of entertainment without any solid info on it. But if this is your type of thing, than hopefully it succeeds your expectations.

Alexshow

Coming from certain outlets; DMMM is officially coming to USJ with the worlds largest Minion-Themed Area and the most sophisticated version of the Despicable Me Minion Mayhem attractions that have opened at USH and USF these past few years (due to that it will apparently use the same ride system in-place from the previously existing BTTF attraction).

http://prtimes.jp/main/html/rd/p/000000125.000005761.html

The new experience is expected to open next year.

clemmo

Getting real curious about that USH announcement tomorrow now.

Not really. We always knew screens would be present along with physical sets and the 360 scene like Hollywood. We also knew about the Kong AA and the fact that the others besides him would be bats and bugs though in reality we only have one bug. Ask @Disneyhead'71. My expectations for the ride went to a more reasonable level over the past year or so compared to the initial rumors and I'm looking forward to my first ride this weekend.
I get the feeling they'll announce Pets, first hotel, possibly details on Nintendo or Diagon Alley. One of the two i'd assume will replace Mummy after it closes

Mike S

Coming from certain outlets; DMMM is officially coming to USJ with the worlds largest Minion-Themed Area and the most sophisticated version of the Despicable Me Minion Mayhem attractions that have opened at USH and USF these past few years (due to that it will apparently use the same ride system in-place from the previously existing BTTF attraction).

http://prtimes.jp/main/html/rd/p/000000125.000005761.html

The new experience is expected to open next year.
Not sure how to feel about this. Sure they'll technically have the better version of the same exact ride due to the superior ride system and better immersion into the action but we do have Simpsons as a trade off which I really enjoy. Reusing Hanna-Barbera/Jimmy Neutron for DMMM in USF and then cloning it exactly for USH but with an extra theater was a mistake imo. It's fun whenever I ride it but not worth the waits it attracts. Yay for Japan I guess.

GiveMeTheMusic

100% with you on all the above. Oh well, at least the rest of HP is simply wonderful.

I don't mind if they clone Gringott's because I just want the land. Diagon Alley is a phenomenal space and I could spend all day in it. It'd be great if the ride was amazing like HPFJ, but because it's not it gives me more time to explore the land itself.

Alexshow

I'd like to think they'd redesign it because it's awful (and I'm a Uni/HP fan), but I'd be surprised if they did. They don't seem to be very interested in big improvements to clones (and 3D on HPFJ is not an improvement).

3D wasn't the only change they had to FJ; so I wouldn't rule it out.

I wouldn't be surprised if USH gets a DA without Hogwart's Express but in-turn, gets improvements to London and Gringotts but hey; that's just me because I think there isn't much space for USH to pull it off.

WDW1974

Original Poster
I posted this in one of the newest gator chomping threads, but don't overly care to venture beyond this one, so I'm putting it here too ...

I was debating on starting a thread of my own on this subject (since we only have about 16 now). Mine would be titled 'Should George Kalogridis Be Fired After Child's Death?' ... I decided against it because my heart just isn't into this at all. I also think the overreaction by Disney and the fan community is a bit sad and predictable. Let's all do something to change something that was a fluke and still should have been easily prevented IF Disney just grew a pair and didn't allow its Guests to break the law and feed gators, but changing a law that allows terrorists to buy 'items' that murdered 49 people and shot another 53 and traumatized countless others? Nah ... not worth talking about here or anywhere.

I find these knee jerk decisions to be so typical of a gutless corporation like Disney. A joke in the Jungle Cruise, a character in a parade or a show, a float in the EWP ... Just come on.

And now they are looking at shutting down or drastically altering the marinas. Sorry, one death in 44-plus years should not lead to insane changes for PR sake. They need to be focusing on the real problems. But what do I know? ... I know that Disney is getting a drubbing in media across the globe. I know that it could have been prevented with simple rules and ... why bother?

WDW1974

Original Poster
Spirited Quickees:

Is it true? Was EPCOT really fixed today? Disney thinks so.

Why is it that some fanbois think WDW is only the MK and EPCOT?

Weren't some people saying that Pixar's demise was imminent after Cars 2? Where are they?

I channeled that dude Derek Burgan over the weekend when I bought an Olaf hat at the local Disney outlet. It was 99 cents marked down from -- I kid you not -- $29.99. I wonder if it spontaneously combusts. Don't ask me why I bought it because I don't have a good answer.

I really feel badly for people taking Orlando vacations right now. Not because of all the death, dying and destruction there of late (although that stuff makes me sad and sick). Nope, simply because who takes a FL vacation in summer?!?

Do we have confirmation yet that Fantasy in the Sky is indeed back at DL this fall? No, SDL costs are not affecting the USA parks at all. (BTW, isn't this and the new hotel in Anaheim the kinda stuff that Micechat used to have months before others?)

Speaking of DL, checked park hours because a friend is headed there and see the labor saving cuts where DL is 8-11 daily, except midnight on Saturday and DCA is 8-9 daily. That is Shanghai-caused all the way.

Our pal Tom Bricker had two beautiful pics on the Tweeter from HKDL today that made me long for that park. But I also saw the park is open from 10:30-8:45. More #thanksBobIger ?

Going back to Finding Dory because its performance, as I said a few weeks ago, makes Alice Through The Looking Glass completely meaningless. This is at the heart of Disney's tent-pole strategy. They can literally have a few bombs a year and it won't matter at all. I wonder if The BFG will be the next or find its niche ...

I am going to an international theme park I've never been and wanted to go soon, but it isn't SDL (that likely will come around Halloween or next spring).

Gotta wonder if the Disney goodwill is starting to evaporate with their incredibly poor handling of both the Pulse massacre and the gator attack in social media. I guess that PhD isn't good for serious stuff, eh Dr. Blondie? I am sure you can start cupcake parties again in a week or two.

So, Bob Iger you put out a decent Star Wars film and you got your name on that Chinese dedication plaque. What are you going to do now?

Was it just me or were no members of the Disney family at the opening of this park? If true, btw, it would be a first. I was sure that at the very least Roy Patrick would show up as the family sellout.

I admit when I see low/no talented 20-somethings get hired into design houses like WDI or UNI Creative I do worry about what theme parks are going to look like in 10-15 years.

The Star Wars Experience at DL still bothers me more than anything that has ever happened in Anaheim.

How many Lifestylers who went to SDL are now selling park maps on eBay for $50 a pop?

WDW1974

Original Poster
While I'm personally a fan of SDMT, I've been wondering since it opened whether or not the insane wait times at WDW mean. Is it based on a genuine love for it, an appeal due to its relative newness, or just abysmal capacity for a ride that would otherwise have a moderate wait if fully built out?

I like it as a nice little family coaster if you ride at night. But capacity is definitely a factor in its popularity. The days of Disney building giant people-eaters ended a long time ago (some would even suggest about when WED became WDI).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom