Marvel coming to WDW?!?!

Magenta Panther

I still can't believe this makeover is actually a possibility. It's made me sick for days. I swear to God I'll never visit DHS again if this happens. I won't even stay at WDW again if this happens. I'll stay at Universal instead, and maybe, MAYBE, visit WDW's Magic Kingdom via Meers shuttles.

This cheered me up a little...the Walt Disney World twitter is having a March Madness Matchup thing...and the latest matchup is between the Expedition Everest Yetis and the Tower of Terror Bellhops. Check out some of the commentary here: https://twitter.com/WaltDisneyWorld/status/713722459778899968?lang=en

Broken Yeti, destroyed Tower...yeah, way to rack up those brownie points, Disney! Nothing is secret in the Twitterverse!

Miss Heinous

Actually, here's a better tactic- find out what advertisers run during GotG on Disney XD and contact them, saying you will not buy their products/ services if the GotG does go to ToT. Convoluted and indirect? Sure. But money talks.
That's good, but this needs more attention. We need to make this something that is in the public eye, something that will figuratively smack them on the wrist and leave a scar. Sending letters and emailing companies is a good start and it's something we've been doing for years. However we have to make a stink that is loud and seen by a bigger audience. Let's make a scene, like they've never seen before!
6a017d3f6e48be970c017c3853041c970b-800wi

Mike S

I still can't believe this makeover is actually a possibility. It's made me sick for days. I swear to God I'll never visit DHS again if this happens. I won't even stay at WDW again if this happens. I'll stay at Universal instead, and maybe, MAYBE, visit WDW's Magic Kingdom via Meers shuttles.

This cheered me up a little...the Walt Disney World twitter is having a March Madness Matchup thing...and the latest matchup is between the Expedition Everest Yetis and the Tower of Terror Bellhops. Check out some of the commentary here: https://twitter.com/WaltDisneyWorld/status/713722459778899968?lang=en

Broken Yeti, destroyed Tower...yeah, way to rack up those brownie points, Disney! Nothing is secret in the Twitterverse!
You could always go in for free if you know a cast member. That's what I would do. I would never pay again.

Any willing CMs here? Lol

TabulaRasa

I spoke with the executive office of George Kalogridis yesterday (whatever that means) in response to my email, and I was told that 100% it would NEVER happen in Orlando, and that the executives in WDW know the value of Tower of Terror to it's guests. They also expressed how they were well aware about the influx of calls and inquiries about the issue. I proceeded to ask about Anaheim, and was told that they have no info on that.

Last edited:

SirLink

Is it wrong that I would totally welcome GotG for RnRC? Awesome Mix 2.0 really.....so freaking easy that it makes too much sense for TDO

Yes, in theory RNRC if it just continues to limp along like Aerosmith ... should be converted to a ride that features parts of 30s Sci Fi, like G-men tasking you with destroying a fleet of UFOs by going in your vehicle and wrapping around UFOs at high speed to destroy them. Disney ya welcome.

But going back to the original point of this thread, DHS ToT is a lot better than DCAs budget version of ToT. Should the DHS version be touched by GOTG? Absolutely not. Should DCA get a better ride instead of their ToT absolutely - now whether that is either demo or retheme? But the version in Cali would make more sense to turn it into a spidey attraction anyway. The alternative is that Disney stops trying to add *deleted* Cinematic Universe characters. Just work with what they have in terms of IP they can use freely.

Mike S

I spoke with the executive office of George Kalogridis yesterday (whatever that means) in the response to my email, and I was told that 100% it would NEVER happen in Orlando, and that the executives in WDW know the value of Tower of Terror to it's guests. They also expressed how they were well aware about the influx of calls and inquiries about the issue. I proceeded to ask about Anaheim, and was told that they have no info on that.
Keep up the good work soldiers.
giphy.gif

cdd89

I can't see this happening in a hurry at DHS. With the dearth of attractions there, closing the park's icon attraction for several months while the transition is completed would hurt visitor numbers too much.

But just for the sake of devilry...

Apart from the fact many people have little to no confidence in TWDC producing compelling attractions anymore, why are we so against this happening in Anaheim? Anyone who's been to DisneySea would be full aware that The Twilight Zone is not the only story that works with that ride system. Currently the world has two inferior clones of the original; if it were well-executed, unique attractions would be preferable surely!

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I can't see this happening in a hurry at DHS. With the dearth of attractions there, closing the park's icon attraction for several months while the transition is completed would hurt visitor numbers too much.

But just for the sake of devilry...

Apart from the fact many people have little to no confidence in TWDC producing compelling attractions anymore, why are we so against this happening in Anaheim? Anyone who's been to DisneySea would be full aware that The Twilight Zone is not the only story that works with that ride system. Currently the world has two inferior clones of the original; if it were well-executed, unique attractions would be preferable surely!
Spirit said 2017 or 2018 for the timing so not exactly a hurry. I would assume 2017 for DL and 2018 for WDW. That might give them enough time to get Toy Story Land open at DHS to offset the lost capacity. This thing is only supposed to take 5 or 6 months so down right after New Years and up by the summer crowds. Spring Break time could get ugly in that park though. Without waiting for Toy Story Land it would be a complete train wreck to shut ToT at WDW for that long.

Phil12

Yeah, talking rodents have NO place in a Disney park! Why, I wouldn't be caught dead with some sort of anthropomorphic vermin that could speak!
You're confused. Mickey is part of the order Rodentia while our raccoon friends are of the order Carnivora. You can feel safe with Rocket Raccoon.

Floyd M

I don't think as a fan and customer one is ever wasting their time by letting management know what they don't like (or what they do). Smart businesses listen. Disney doesn't really qualify as smart.

But talking about it in social media, contacting people at Disney (try Dr. Blondie or her west coast pal CupcakeToo) and letting them know is smart ... using Twitter and all Disney's favorite platforms etc.

They are NOT happy this news is out. ... Oh, and please WDW fans, don't complain and ***** about it being wrong for WDW, but tell the it's OK to destroy Anaheim's ToT. It is wrong. Period.

Can't support this last paragraph enough. I've already gladly admitted the original Tower is superior, but for DLR patrons the Anaheim version is a beloved attraction that consistently generates huge smiles and applause from veterans and first-timers alike. Absolutely idiotic, lazy, and short-sighted to convert it to Guardians, and there will be a backlash should any such plan be formally announced (though, sadly, in all likelihood the backlash won't be sufficient to derail this crazy train.) Still praying some voice of sanity from within the company will take a firm stand against it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom