The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Figgy1

Premium Member
power is back up, took more than usual. My mother had to call friends who had friends inside the company. These f****ers didnt want to restore the power (despite promises to do so).
They pretty much tried to pull a "lazy friday+weekends" by no working on the last day (pretty usual).
But the issues didnt stopped there..
Once they restored energy and put a heavy "punishment lock", found out that one of the 120V lines were damaged as well.
So I had to scramble to find an electrician to fix.

All while waiting for the technician of my internet to fix and make the "move" from my older company to the newer one.

backup again.. but drained, angry and still stressed.
We're now waiting for the TV guy to come finish the issues we had.
Sympathy like. look on the bright side you missed lots of stupid stuff on the news:confused:

Figgy1

Premium Member
Thanks for asking. Hugs.

They were going to attempt another Ct Scans tonight. In one of his tangents he flipped out of his bed and onto to his noggin. They were also concerned that he may have had a stroke but he is responding to commands of lift foot, lifting right hand, left etc. Answers questions. He is tethered because he has been acting nuts from the drugs they gave him and getting hurt, he ripped the IVs out multiple times. He has laid quietly today almost trance like. He is never like that. Last night and I'm sure tonight they gave him something like a sleeping pill because the nurses called his primary 4 times during the night. Those poor nurses. Unfortunately for them he screams their names out at night, one has my name and the male nurse my sons name. What's the odds? This morning he greeted my Mom by saying Hi Gabe :/ Don't know if he confused Mom for Me or the Nurse. They have him on mega doses of Coumadin trying to break up the biggest blood clot so ripping out the IVs made his room look like a massacre. He tends to get riled up when we are there trying to get us to untethered him and get what he wants. It is all kinda sad, as I said he is historically a difficult patient and even with meds it seems to come through. We are tending to stay out of the room which is hard on him and us but it only seems to agitate him in the long run. To me it is a dejavu of my Grandma's, his Mom's last few years. She was a strong old koot too. They gave her 48 hours to live and live 7 years. I'm just in that Ahhhhhhh! mode.

Oh did I mention he locked himself in his bathroom just before they tethered him and refused to come out? Who has one way locks in a hospital? So yeah the maintenance people were called as was the police and fire department. My Mom finally talked him out. Just beyond crazy.
Sympathy like. I hope the docs can at least find a combo of meds that will keep him a bit calmer. Prayers and Pixie dust for all involved xoxo

Figgy1

Premium Member
Good morning. I won't be on much today my dh has the day off. The whole day! LOL. This week I was beginning to think he wasn't real. He said something last night about going shopping. He mostly wants to get out walking today so he's not a total mess on vacation.:hilarious: At least he's spending his break time walking:)

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Oh did I mention he locked himself in his bathroom just before they tethered him and refused to come out? Who has one way locks in a hospital? So yeah the maintenance people were called as was the police and fire department. My Mom finally talked him out. Just beyond crazy.

This is sad. :( I'll say some prayers for you and your family when I go to church today.

Songbird76

Thanks for asking. Hugs.

They were going to attempt another Ct Scans tonight. In one of his tangents he flipped out of his bed and onto to his noggin. They were also concerned that he may have had a stroke but he is responding to commands of lift foot, lifting right hand, left etc. Answers questions. He is tethered because he has been acting nuts from the drugs they gave him and getting hurt, he ripped the IVs out multiple times. He has laid quietly today almost trance like. He is never like that. Last night and I'm sure tonight they gave him something like a sleeping pill because the nurses called his primary 4 times during the night. Those poor nurses. Unfortunately for them he screams their names out at night, one has my name and the male nurse my sons name. What's the odds? This morning he greeted my Mom by saying Hi Gabe :/ Don't know if he confused Mom for Me or the Nurse. They have him on mega doses of Coumadin trying to break up the biggest blood clot so ripping out the IVs made his room look like a massacre. He tends to get riled up when we are there trying to get us to untethered him and get what he wants. It is all kinda sad, as I said he is historically a difficult patient and even with meds it seems to come through. We are tending to stay out of the room which is hard on him and us but it only seems to agitate him in the long run. To me it is a dejavu of my Grandma's, his Mom's last few years. She was a strong old koot too. They gave her 48 hours to live and live 7 years. I'm just in that Ahhhhhhh! mode.

Sympathy like. There are no words of comfort that can make you feel better with something like this. So I won't even try because it will just end up sounding cliche and trite. Instead, I'll send you hugs, pixie dust, and prayers that they can help him.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I don't think you got blocked out because you weren't logged in. I wasn't logged in the other day when I got mine for late June. I know that the Dine lunch isn't everyday and they don't have it during peak holiday times.. I have read that it books up very quickly as the lunch is open to less than 20 people (I think I read up to 15 max). So you have to be quick on the date it opens up to book. But I tried a couple of days after our 180 mark and just got a spot for late June. And when I got my ADR there was only one spot open (so it was good hubby was already planning on golfing that day) and only on one day that they were having the lunch.

Between what you and @figmentfan423 shared, it sounds like a real carp-shoot. Well, it was just an idea only as I didn't expect I'd get a reservation. It's rare that I'd even consider something with this price, but it is a very unique experience, and I'm thrilled that you were able to get a reservation for yourself.

I've had my tax refund money for a few weeks now and was thinking about May for a 3 night/4 day vacation in WDW. That's down, one day less from all the past years. I think the prices on everything are just getting to me, and I still haven't booked anything at all. (Dropping the water parks add-on, too.)

Songbird76

We were watching Emeril's Florida yesterday (dvr's it a bit ago) He did a show about places in Orlando and one was 4 River's Smokehouse. It's a local chain and they specialize in angus brisket. My dh and older ds are thinking about going to one while we're in the area. One of the other places he showcased was Morrimoto's, I really want to eat there but :(:(:( It may have to wait:(:(:(. I can't and won't complain too much LOL I booked 3 character meals:):):):):)
Maybe save Morrimoto's for your October trip that your hubby asked you to look into?

Figgy1

Premium Member
Between what you and @figmentfan423 shared, it sounds like a real carp-shoot. Well, it was just an idea only as I didn't expect I'd get a reservation. It's rare that I'd even consider something with this price, but it is a very unique experience, and I'm thrilled that you were able to get a reservation for yourself.

I've had my tax refund money for a few weeks now and was thinking about May for a 3 night/4 day vacation in WDW. That's down, one day less from all the past years. I think the prices on everything are just getting to me, and I still haven't booked anything at all. (Dropping the water parks add-on, too.)
You can do a lot in 4 days with careful planning. Don't give up on the meal yet just call in and even if it's full up don't give up hope, @Cesar R M got a hard to get ARD right before his trip.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
You can do a lot in 4 days with careful planning. Don't give up on the meal yet just call in and even if it's full up don't give up hope, @Cesar R M got a hard to get ARD right before his trip.

Thanks for the tip. Actually, the only planning I've ever done is just to get the maximum amount of time down there by leaving on an early AM flight, and returning on a late night flight. As for meals, I only do quick service or I'll hit the cafeteria at the Dolphin for better dinner options, but with the QS prices I'd be paying over in the parks. The Imagineer luncheon is the only exception to the "planning " rule. So when I finally book a trip, I'll try the ADR again for Imagineer; if I get it, fine. If not, whatever. (I assume they'd take a credit card to reserve, if you're not staying at a Disney hotel, right?)

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Thanks for asking. Hugs.

Hope things get better for you all soon. :inlove::)

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member

A May vacation sounds lovely. You could just keep trying for the reservation, you never know when one could pop up. I read someone else's post (on a different site) and she finally got a spot after trying for a couple years. :jawdrop: So yeah it does seem a bit of a carp shoot.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Thanks for the tip. Actually, the only planning I've ever done is just to get the maximum amount of time down there by leaving on an early AM flight, and returning on a late night flight. As for meals, I only do quick service or I'll hit the cafeteria at the Dolphin for better dinner options, but with the QS prices I'd be paying over in the parks. The Imagineer luncheon is the only exception to the "planning " rule. So when I finally book a trip, I'll try the ADR again for Imagineer; if I get it, fine. If not, whatever. (I assume they'd take a credit card to reserve, if you're not staying at a Disney hotel, right?)

It is just like making an other ADR, you reserve it with your credit card. And is open to anyone even without a stay at a Disney hotel. Although if you are at the Swan or Dolphin isn't that treated like a Disney hotel in terms of dining reservations? I know it is for fastpass + .

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom