RUMOR: Tomorrowland Terrace to be Converted Into Themed Restaurant

Nubs70

I managed a dip shop for a while and shakes take a long time to make. My guess is that they would slow up the line too much. We used to have the same problem. You have all of their sundaes and cones done but they are still waiting on a hand dipped shake. It is easier to do when they are seated in a restaurant and one order doesn't hold things up.
So you have the ice cream delivered in scoop form. Plunk 3 scoops in the tin, add milk and powder, spin. Done.

If they want someone to develop this, let me know, i'm available.

DisneyFans4Life

I don't know...it can't take but a minute or two to mix up a milkshake. I'll let you know what they tell me because I sent them a message asking why they don't offer it lol.
Got a response back; pretty standard message IMO:

Thank you for taking your time to share your thoughts with us. When we receive comments such as yours, they are shared with various members of our organization. We appreciate your observations and will share them at the appropriate levels.

If you have questions or need further assistance, feel free to contact us.

Sincerely,

Willow Rudd
eCommerce Sales and Service Team

Monorail_Red_77

They are doing something with it, it's called rot. That summer menu when it was open, wow gross! AT LEAST WE CAN OVERPRICED DESSERT PARTY! :hilarious::joyfull::greedy:
All the years I have been going to WDW, Terrace was never open. Once I just missed it by like 5 minutes. They CM's were putting covers over the registers. It does make for a nice place to sit when it is closed though. Nice and out of the way. I like that they do not rope off the seating when it is closed.

Monorail_Red_77

Just thought of something...isn't Tink's landing spot on top of that building? I can't remember off the top of my head...but any remodel of the roof could affect her flight?

Here's a rough idea of Tink's path in red vs TT in orange. Height wise she might be ok. Perhaps if they were to make it two story they could do some theming on the north-east corner to allow Tink to continue to fly.

Tink Path.jpg

DisneyFans4Life

Here's a rough idea of Tink's path in red vs TT in orange. Height wise she might be ok. Perhaps if they were to make it two story they could do some theming on the north-east corner to allow Tink to continue to fly.

View attachment 117631
Maybe they could add a second story on the bottom half of the roof and leave the second half a balcony for the dessert party. Imagine how cool that would be to have Tink fly so close above your head. Not sure if that is even feasible...but the views from on top of the building would be spectacular during the fireworks show.

Monorail_Red_77

Maybe they could add a second story on the bottom half of the roof and leave the second half a balcony for the dessert party. Imagine how cool that would be to have Tink fly so close above your head. Not sure if that is even feasible...but the views from on top of the building would be spectacular during the fireworks show.

That would be really cool I think.

rucifee

All the years I have been going to WDW, Terrace was never open. Once I just missed it by like 5 minutes. They CM's were putting covers over the registers. It does make for a nice place to sit when it is closed though. Nice and out of the way. I like that they do not rope off the seating when it is closed.

I've seen it open a few times this year, but there was nothing on the menu that was even remotely appealing so we just walked on past after looking at what was available.

Unplugged

Perhaps they could just open the windows when Tink goes flying and the whole staff could scream "DUCK!!!" when she's about to fly through. Could be lot's of fun as her flailing legs kick plates off tables and she whacks a few folks with the ol' wand. ;) "I got kicked by Tink and it made my vacation!! :hungover: " Great PhotoPass op right there! I'll bet people would pay extra to sit in her path in hopes of getting whacked!

On a more serious note, if theming is an issue due to PH at the Springs, another option is Time Travel permitting the resurrection of the Time Keeper amongst the decor. Best case could be a complete removal of that old bland & tiered structure and build a new themed location to really add something special. Not like it wouldn't recoup the cost in no time flat. For more revenue than a 3 hour dessert party.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member

not sure that is ideal... what if "tink" was a guy and close viewers could see that?

DisneyFans4Life

not sure that is ideal... what if "tink" was a guy and close viewers could see that?
That's why I was saying if it was feasible or not. I'm not sure exactly how close Tink comes to the roof on her flight path. If it's close enough and you could tell it was not a woman, then it would definitely be a no go. It still wouldn't be a bad spot for fireworks though.

Nick Pappagiorgio

So you have the ice cream delivered in scoop form. Plunk 3 scoops in the tin, add milk and powder, spin. Done.

If they want someone to develop this, let me know, i'm available.

Those are already on the market but it wouldn't make much of a difference. Its the spinning that takes a long time.

Unplugged

"Mommy? Why does Tinkerbell have a beard like Daddy?" :eek::D

While I get your point, there wouldn't be any windows on that side due to the view of the roof. Plus the windows facing the castle would most likely be approximately where the edge of the building is now, in order to maintain some sort of Victorian architecture. Now if they went steam punk (yeah, I know), anything is fair game. But it's still most likely Tink would fly well off to the side of such a location, or may fly over the top of the new structure. It's all moveable.

Greenlawler

Great idea, it could be very fun and creative.

Last week we were walking through and heard lots of drilling and hammering from behind the closed counters. Wonder what that was about? Obviously not saying it was due to this rumor but I did find it odd.

jlsHouston

It's easier to grab a seat in there after it's closed than when it's open for business...it is definitely one of the QS places where they police the dining area for people trying to grab a table PRIOR to collecting their food.

Last edited:

MarkTwain

The Tomorrowland Terrace really is a very undutilized space, considering its location and views. It would be great if they could find a way to utilize that space for a variety of needs.

An astronomy-themed restaurant would be perfect, if they can find a way to continue to utilize the castle views. The concept to me sounds like something that would require a dark, closed atmosphere, and I hope they wouldn't wall off that view completely. Especially given that places with an ability to view the fireworks are in such high demand.

Considering how Disney often likes to share a single kitchen across multiple venues, it would be great if they could open an astronomy-themed, all-indoors TSR, with a small QSR terrace to try and offset the demand at Cosmic Ray's (like how the waterfront QSR and TSR restaurants at Mexico share a kitchen). Then the QSR could shut down to operate as a viewing terrace for the TSR once the fireworks start.

The rooftop viewing deck is a great idea also, since it would even further increase capacity, and wouldn't require anything to shut down if Disney wanted to host private events.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom