RUMOR: Tomorrowland Terrace to be Converted Into Themed Restaurant

DisneyFans4Life

Just thought of something...isn't Tink's landing spot on top of that building? I can't remember off the top of my head...but any remodel of the roof could affect her flight?

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
QUOTE="RSoxNo1, post: 6965388, member: 12260"]It's a rumor, it's the nature of the beast. He was also first with the following info:
  • Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
  • Art of Animation
  • C3PO as Captain in Star Tours 2.0
  • Third Theater for Soarin'
He also phrased it as this is something they're considering. That does not scream guaranteed to me.[/QUOTE]

yeah exactly... I'm not taking Jim Hill's side here... but a rumor is just that... and something that may not ever happen or even get much attention... I'm sure tons of ideas are floated around at Disney so while I don't follow any particular person and keep track of their record of rumors becoming reality... I appreciate anyone that shares anything they've heard if nothing more than for a discussion on the boards for fans like us

RSoxNo1

Original Poster
the new hub walkways help traffic flow now - while the shortcut is nice for people in the know like us... it's not really necessary
FYI, Jim was also pretty early on for the hub restructuring, but it was more to do with My Magic+ (which he and @lentesta were all over). I remember Jim several years ago talking about the Rose Garden re-design.

mikeh

Just thought of something...isn't Tink's landing spot on top of that building? I can't remember off the top of my head...but any remodel of the roof could affect her flight?

That's a good point. She does land on the left side of the building.
K1Wuwlb.jpg

Clamman73

So I don't think they would build vertical since it would interfere with Tink's flight. My guess is if this comes to fruition, they would just use the current space provided.
And they just refurbed the roof, so it seems like they don't have it on their mind to change the roofline unless it was an all the sudden change of mind.

rael ramone

If this does indeed turn into TS, reservations will probably be required to get in, and then as with any of the other TS venues, you can walk up and see if they have any space at the time.

As some here can attest, many direct Disney run eateries have at times (perhaps much of the time) categorically refused walk-ins - use the 'Reservation' system to run the eateries at bare minimum staffing...

COProgressFan

If this does indeed turn into TS, reservations will probably be required to get in, and then as with any of the other TS venues, you can walk up and see if they have any space at the time.

And you would likely be told they are booked solid, even if half the tables are empty. ;)

Wouldn't want to over-staff or overstock would we?

DisneyFans4Life

And you would likely be told they are booked solid, even if half the tables are empty. ;)

Wouldn't want to over-staff or overstock would we?
That is possible...but I have been able to walk up to BoG for lunch and told they could get me in within 45 minutes. The same has happened at Tony's...walked up and asked if there were any tables. I was told the wait was about 35 minutes so I waited.

COProgressFan

That is possible...but I have been able to walk up to BoG for lunch and told they could get me in within 45 minutes. The same has happened at Tony's...walked up and asked if there were any tables. I was told the wait was about 35 minutes so I waited.

You were lucky. Coincidentally, I've walked up to those exact two locations before and been told they couldn't accommodate us.

ryan1

I'd much rather they just serve that rectangle pizza they use to serve in the early 90's at TT than the asian fusion stuff they have been trying whenever the restaurant is opened. It was also served at Epcot in the restaurant Starbucks replaced.

I use to love that pizza as a kid.

The decor of TT is fine its just never opened and they can't nail down a solid menu. I'm also surprised they haven't enclosed the seating yet like they did at Cosmic Rays. I don't want them too but seems like they would have already.

Last edited:

mm121

I also don't understand how they would build a themed restaurant with a big walkway through the middle of it... would this be the end of the shortcut?
They could have a dining room on a second floor over top of the current walkway...or route the walkway around the outdoor perimeter where the current terrace is....[/QUOTE]

I know they'd never do it but adding a second floor would be cool, would give a great view of the new hub.

and could be a place for an exclusive vip wishes party

ive never really understood why they dont build up more when space is limited on the ground level

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom