Norway Pavilion Frozen construction - Frozen Ever After ride

Status
Not open for further replies.

aladdin2007

I am truly sorry, but, to me, this is like biting into a beautifully glazed chocolate frosted donut only to find that it is filled with hummus. Yes, Imagineers are honoring the heritage and history of Norway, but the exterior does not match the interior. Guests of World Showcase are still being transported to Arendelle. I have said it before and I will say it again, I do not know why Anna and Elsa are not ambassadors of Norway, touring its notable areas and landmarks.

we dont have too many details on interiors yet, but the show scene your seeing in the concept art I think matches the stone work and design etc of Norwegian architecture pretty well such as Akershus fortress etc. I would have preferred it also that the characters were taking us on a tour of Norways landmarks and areas, but so far, from what they are now showing us, I like what I see. And I have been a big fighter against the frozen material over taking Norway. But it appears Imagineering is being faithful at least in design, even if not in plot per say.
Still going to have major capacity and traffic flow issues that I dont think they will be able to handle and will be an operations nightmare.

SpaceMountain77

we dont have too many details on interiors yet, but the show scene your seeing in the concept art I think matches the stone work and design etc of Norwegian architecture pretty well such as Akershus fortress etc. I would have preferred it also that the characters were taking us on a tour of Norways landmarks and areas, but so far, from what they are now showing us, I like what I see. And I have been a big fighter against the frozen material over taking Norway. But it appears Imagineering is being faithful at least in design, even if not in plot per say.
Still going to have major capacity and traffic flow issues that I dont think they will be able to handle and will be an operations nightmare.

Admittedly, I am relieved to see that the concept art does not include a giant ice palace guarded by an animatronic Marshmallow.

Brer Panther

I think what they should have done was leave Maelstrom alone (maybe just a light renovation) and turned the theater at the end into a separate attraction about Anna, Elsa, and Olaf exploring Norway. Frozen fans get their attraction, Maelstrom is saved, and at least the Frozen attraction would still have some focus about Norway as well as Frozen.

Sped2424

Did they mention what's going to be done to help the horrendous congestion this ride is going to unleash on WS?

Artwork is pretty, but that entire left side of WS is going to be a nightmare.
What's gonna happen should be hilarious, they put this ride thinking it should appeases family's at epcot. But if anything it's going to make them realize just how bad the world showcase is in need of attractions once the one ride they all wanna go on has a 5 hour wait time.

Last edited:

Haymarket2008

Yes, this all really shouldn't be happening. But at this point I'm willing to forgo the issue if this has *positive* effects/attention on Epcot as a whole. Let's get this Future World overhaul going.

misterID

Yes, this all really shouldn't be happening. But at this point I'm willing to forgo the issue if this has *positive* effects/attention on Epcot as a whole. Let's get this Future World overhaul going.
At this point, with the decision they made to force Frozen into Norway, and the disaster that will ensue, if EPCOT gets any more attention its going to have to be WS to help the crowds.

spectromagic04

image.jpg
Does this mean... Ratatouille time? :)
No this means Mt. Fuji time.

BrerJon

At least, as I stated before, this will be pleasing to the eye and not a gigantic ice castle....*think positive* *trying hard*

While I may be reading too much into it, there seemed a definite emphasis on the Norwegian side of things at D23, as if criticism had touched a nerve, so it's important for us to keep calling Disney out, and I wouldn't be surprised if plans have changed along the way to be more Norwegian, thanks to the fan reaction over Maelstrom closing, so our comments here and elsewhere do seem to have been noticed.

yensidtlaw1969

Here's the thing: we, the public, do not have the power to make Disney do anything they want to do.

We do, however, have the power to change their mind as to what they want to do.

It's a subtle distinction, but a meaningful one. Rare, too, that the public is able to successfully rally together that power, but palpable when we do.

aladdin2007

While I may be reading too much into it, there seemed a definite emphasis on the Norwegian side of things at D23, as if criticism had touched a nerve, so it's important for us to keep calling Disney out, and I wouldn't be surprised if plans have changed along the way to be more Norwegian, thanks to the fan reaction over Maelstrom closing, so our comments here and elsewhere do seem to have been noticed.

I agree, though from the beginning Disney was adament that the pavilion would remain Norwegian. It could be they are just now bringing some of this to light or there were some shifts along the way in the project due to opposition. Not to mention the initial concern from Norway (even though some things were agreed upon), but it looks like Disney is keeping their word to some extent. They were well aware of the issues from early on. Mangums words reaffirms that Disney has been "listening".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom