The Sorcerer's Apprentice - Season 3

jdmdisney99

Original Poster
I want to take this moment in time to acknowledge everybody who has ever competed or helped out with this competition. Everybody who has come and gone has remained faithful in my ability to guide a successful season. You have always been compliant with iffy judgements and amendments and nobody has ever truly exploded at me. We couldn't have been so successful and made it to this third season without all of you and your help.From the bottom of my heart, thank you. Here's to many seasons more...

Sam Magic

I want to take this moment in time to acknowledge everybody who has ever competed or helped out with this competition. Everybody who has come and gone has remained faithful in my ability to guide a successful season. You have always been compliant with iffy judgements and amendments and nobody has ever truly exploded at me. We couldn't have been so successful and made it to this third season without all of you and your help.From the bottom of my heart, thank you. Hears to many seasons more...
giphy.gif

Voxel

President of Progress City
I want to take this moment in time to acknowledge everybody who has ever competed or helped out with this competition. Everybody who has come and gone has remained faithful in my ability to guide a successful season. You have always been compliant with iffy judgements and amendments and nobody has ever truly exploded at me. We couldn't have been so successful and made it to this third season without all of you and your help.From the bottom of my heart, thank you. Here's to many seasons more...
Whelp time for me to explode about something

Matt7187

team-goofy-logo-jpg.102425

Challenge 4: The Wildest Ride in the Wilderness

For this challenge, we were tasked with designing a new ride for Frontierland, fresh off the rumors of a Frontierland expansion. The prompt requested that the teams "adhere to the notions suggested by insiders about the 'New Frontierland'." Our team researched the "Possible Frontierland expansion" thread on wdwmagic (http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/possible-frontierland-expansion.901759/) in order to facilitate our brainstorming...

Upon investigation, we gravitated towards the notions of two prominent insiders of wdwmagic, whylightbulb and Lee, for our attraction:

whylightbulb: "
Looks like the major Frontierland expansion is about to be approved. The plans call for one E Ticket." (page 1)
Lee: "Highly unlikely it would be Geyser. My money is on the raft ride, if we're talking an E in Frontierland." (page 13)

With that information at our disposal, in particular the underlined portions, we present to you our new attraction for Frontierland:

Pine Creek River Rafts
pine-creek-river-rafts-3-jpg.102432

Backstory:
Near the tiny town of Tumbleweed, Rocky Ridge is a successful oil drilling community. The two communities typically trade goods back and forth via rafts along the Pine Creek River, which separates the two towns. Despite the growing trade route with the discovery of oil, Native Americans in the Rocky Ridge Mountains are frustrated at what the oil has done to their water supplies. Nowadays they are typically seen attempting to send the trade rafts back to Rocky Ridge and find another means of transportation. In addition, bandits are also known to prowl the water's edge as the try and steal the oil for personal profit. As you board your trade raft towards Tumbleweed along the Pine Creek River, don't be surprised to run into some harrowing adventures along the way!

Outlined in red and nestled in-between Splash Mountain and Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, Pine Creek River Rapids will use land beyond the brim of the Walt Disney World Railroad. After you pass under the Fronteirland Station, you will be able to stay right and head towards the new attraction. Backstage cast member break trailers will be moved further out onto Caribbean Way. Any utilidor entrances we have been assured can also be pushed back to make room for the expansion.

Queue:
As you meander through the town of Rocky Ridge, you veer left and approach a large boat house at the edge of town. Inside there will be a FastPass+ Queue and a Stand-By Queue. On the walls there will newspaper articles about the oil discovery and the increase in trade. There will also be hints at the Native Americans who live in the territory, as well as various interactive artifacts from the Rocky Ridge Mountains when prospectors heard of Tumbleweed's ghost stories and tried searching for gold in other towns - which will give guests more depth to the Rocky Ridge story as they wait to board their raft.
2015-07-22-18-06-58-jpg.102434

- Example of a newspaper article in the queue

Ride Vehicle Concept Art:
20150722_151031-1-1-jpg.102405

The vehicles will have 4 rows of 4, for a 16 person capacity. The vehicles are themed as trade rafts used to transport goods back and forth from neighboring towns. In the back of the raft is the oil that you'll be transporting to Tumbleweed on your journey.

Pine Creek River Rafts Simulation:

Here is a virtual tour of our attraction via Roller Coaster Tycoon 3. Below you can read a detailed scene by scene description of the ride.

Ride-Through (Scene by Scene):
Scene 1 - As guests leave the loading area, they float into a forest setting, with trees and animals on the sides of the river.

Scene 2 - After traveling for a little bit, on the horizon you see some smoke rising from a group of trees near an entrance in the mountain as the river heads in that direction.

Scene 3 - Once you approach the mountain opening and enter, you see a large Indian Reservation. AA Native Americans warn us of the grave danger we are in, and that we must turn back immediately. But before we have the chance, bandits show up on the left, trying to steal the oil being stored on the back of our raft.

Scene 4 - A Shawman is seen standing on the edge of the mountain. Waving his arms and raising his staff he says: "Water Spirits, reverse the river!". He continues in another language as the river gains water and begins to flood (from a hidden tank to the side). You can see one of the large oil drills in the distance. Your raft turns to the right as you approach a small drop.
IMG_1052.jpg

Scene 5 - As you dive down the rapids, you realize that the river is shifting to the construction of the Transcontinental Railroad, with a near collision in sight! Luckily, you swerve out of the way in time as you hear the sound of a train whistle to your left.

Scene 6 - As you turn along the river, you heard the sound of Native American war drums in the distance along with gunfire and horses galloping to try and reach your boat.

Scene 7 - After going through another small drop in the rapids, in front of you there is an explosion caused by the bandits use of dynamite! A fire begins, and your future is looking grim. Nevertheless, the Shawman again calls the Water Spirits "Water Spirits, extinguish the flame!". He again changes language as a splash of water puts the fire out.

Scene 8 - As the raft turns again you catch a glimpse at Thunder Mountain in the distance. The rapids begin to slow down as you pass a jailhouse, and you see the bandits being handcuffed by the sheriff.

Scene 9 - The river becomes very calm. As the bandits retreat, the Native Americans can be seen living peacefully, with Shawman watching at the village's end. You see the town slowly approach as the ride comes to an end.

Scene 10 - Unload at a trade raft maintenance area near Rocky Ridge where guests disembark.

Conclusion:
The addition of the Pine Creek River Rafts to Fronteirland will hopefully give the Magic Kingdom its first E-ticket since 1992, and further flesh out the Frontierland backstory. We will end our project with this...the "New Frontierland" mountain range.
20150722_053154-1-1-jpg.102404

Thank you for reading!

tcool

vj98p.png

Team Oswald has been creating a new Frontierland Expansion. Throughout the course of this project many things have changed. From locations to attractions and much more. However we always kept the concept of...

Rocksburg -

As word got out that gold was discovered in Rainbow Ridge folks from all over flocked towards Rainbow Ridge. Several boom towns popped up, and one of these being Rocksburg. Instead of gold being found in Rocksburg the miners found friendly Indians and the Rocksburg Springs. Those who came decided to stay living in Rocksburg. They came for riches, but found friendship and a love of life that can't be paralleled. However the true thing that keeps people around are the Rocksburg Springs which contain salts and minerals which keep the body young.

1q0hty.png
A - Tales of American Frontier D - Sal's Saloon
B - The Gathering Spot E - Rocksburg Storefronts
C - Race through the Wilderness F - Rocksburg Restrooms

Throughout the history of the Magic Kingdom, parades have either began and ended at the corner where Adventureland and Frontierland meet. With this new expansion to Frontierland, the start of the Parade will be migrated westward. The parade will start inside the Town of Rocksburg, and continues eastwards following the curve into the original Frontierland. Two other changes were made to the parade route and set-up that will not be noticed by guests due to their backstage locations. The largest of these changes is the destruction of the original parade float building and the construction of a larger facility towards the south of the new expansion. The other change is the migration the parade prep area, the north-south road below the expansion will serve as the new prep station for all Walt Disney World parades.

Tales of the American Frontier -

Take a ride into the history of American Folk Heroes in this one of a kind E-Ticket Family Attraction for Walt Disney World. Witness the deeds of these famous icons as they shaped the frontier into what we see today.

Ride Vehicle Description:

The ride vehicle is an artistic rendition of a covered wagon and allows enough room six travelers to take a journey. The vehicle itself is a modified version of the trackless system which allows for a smooth floor and gives the ability for the vehicles to dance around each other as they go from scene to scene. Modifications to the ride platform include the introduction of hydraulics to raise and lower the seating compartment. This will be used to change the guests's position to increase the ride immersion. Another modification is the addition of speakers embedded into the vehicle to allow The Historian to speak directly to the guests.

Queue:

Towards the southwest section of the expansion, a dusty rocky outcrop grabs the attention of oncoming guests. Approaching the natural arches and jutting rock faces, they will notice a dusty pathway winding into the rock's side. Following the winding path deeper into the foothills, guests will find themselves approaching a cave. Inside the cave, they are given a chance to examine and explore the artwork left by the cave’s original inhabitants. Crudely drawn images representing historical events, daily life, and hunts decorate the area.

Pre-Show:

As guests dive deeper into the cave, the smell of smoke and cooking food becomes prevalent in the area until they are funneled into a small chamber with the wall closing behind them with the loud thunder of collapsing rocks. In front of the guests is a small roaring fire with what looks like a chicken being cooked over the fire. Sitting on a large boulder is an elderly man, slowly tapping his foot and nodding his head as he watches the guest enter in. Once all the guest have been gathered he softly speaks up.

“I see you have found my cave, friends. I am Homer, but the folks around here call be the Historian, ya’ll see I have wandered these here hills for many a year hearing every story from the roarin’ Pacific to the majestic Atlantic. And I’ll have you know that each one of is as real has the hair on my Head”

The Historian lifts up his hat showing a balding head.

“Seeing as the cave gone collapsed behind ya, I bet ya’ll love to hear a tale or two until the town Folks come searching for ya’ll. Follow the path to yer right and ya’ll find somewhere comfortable to sit, I’ll join you in a bit.”

A secondary door towards the right hand side of the guests open before the Historian finishes his sentence, making it seem as if the pathway has been available the entire time. Guest will begin walking deeper into the cave until they enter a larger chamber with larger millennium old stalactites hanging from the ceiling and stalagmites growing from the floor. Queuing through the station, guests find themselves boarding a wagon that seemed to float towards them. After they board, the doors magically close behind them, and the voice of the Historian comes over the speakers as they progress to the safety check point.

Ride Experience:

“I see ya’ll found a comfortable place to sit. Just please remember this is an older wagon, so please keep yur hands and feet inside the vehicle. Also please avoid using any flashin lights, my old eyes can’t handle like they use too. Most importantly, enjoy.”

The car spins around and enters a dark room, the voice of the Historian starts off.

“I guess we’ll start off slow and I’ll tell ya a story that you prolly heard in your younger years, but trust me ya’ll never heard the truth. Many years ago, a young man fell in love with a young woman livin in Virginia.”

A mist screen appears. In the distance guest see a small hill with an apple orchard with two figures in the distance walking over the hill top, and through the trees.

“Them two would walk through the Apple Orchards through the days, talkin about the future they would have, but sadly before they could ever unite in love a dreadful disease stole her away”

In mid-sentence the screen goes black and the car spins around and moves away from the scene. As the vehicle moves into the next room a man in his mid 20's (animatronic) is slowly moving in a circle around apple seed saplings, and planting more apple seeds. All around in the back ground matured apple trees can be seen while the sweet scent of apple blossoms fill the air.

10498740_1.jpg

“In her memory, Johnny boy walked from town to town planting apple seeds from his love’s orchard to spread apples and smiles to those he barely knew.”

The front of the car follows Johnny Appleseed as it drives into the Apple orchard, the vehicle quickly moves through the orchard nearly missing other wagons as they weave through the trees. They approach the edge of the Orchard as the Historian speaks again.

“Johnny Appleseed he became known as, living out his life spreading apples throughout the frontier”

The orchards around the guest slowly fin away as taller pines begin to take their place.

“Ya’ll I’m sorry to start our trip with a sad story, Good ol’ Johnny boy paved the way for others to head into the Frontier”

As the Historian begins speaking again, guest find themselves on a Tennessee Mountain top with a familiar melody whistled by the birds in the background. The sound of a new born baby can be head on the other side of the scene.

“Ahh this is a favorite of mine” He starts humming the entry bar of The Ballad of Davy Crockett . “Davy Crockett accomplished many deeds in his life donning the title King of the Wild Frontier”

The wagon continues around the next bend and faces a animatronic three year old Davy Crockett sitting on top of a dead Bear hitting the head of the bear on the head with a child’s toy, while the Historian laughs saying.

“Did ya’ll know he even killed a b'ar at the age of three.”

The wagon spins again and starts heading towards the sound of moving water, as they approach they see two keel-boats one with Davy Crockett and the other with Mike Fink racing down a river. The vehicles bob up and down with the keel-boats to provide the guests with the sensation that they are racing on the Mississippi versus Davy Crockett and Mike Fink.

“One of my favorite deeds was when he and old Fink decided to have a boat race through the Mississippi, then a group of river pirates disguised as Indians attack them. But this was nothing for Ol’Davy Crockett and Mike Fink fought them off”

As the vehicle flows down the river there's a scene change. Floating around the bend guest see Davy Crockett and Mike Fink fighting off a bunch of river pirates dressed as Indians. After a few gunshots and scuffling the river pirates escape on their canoes as they withdraw behind a thick mist. The wagon continues onto journeying on land.

“He even went on to join Congress and found time to patch up the Liberty Bell”

The final scene shows Davy Crockett underneath the Liberty Bell with a hammer attempting to fix it.

The wagons move to a dark room very similar to the previous cave locations guests have been in.

“Now, while Crockett went on to serve the nation, this next man shaped the world us. Born larger than the rest, Paul Bunyan went on to become the tallest man in US History”

Once again the guests find themselves in a large forest, the thuds of large footsteps can be heard as the wagon shakes. A loud Timber can be heard as a Tree falls in front of their path. The wagon spins out of the way and finds itself in a cold snowy room. In the corner a guest see Paul Bunyan lifting a large log off of a blue Ox.

“Paul wander’d the Territories as a Lumberjack, until one bitter winter he found a trapped blue Ox. This rescued Ox, named Babe, went on to grow nearly as large as ol’ Paul”

The wagon rolls backwards and spins around facing a desert. In front of them a giant ax lands in front and the wagon shakes as the ax is dragged across the ground creating a canyon.

“Now, good ol' Paul and Babe would wonder these here territories looking for good lumber, but one day Paul accidentally let his ax drag across the ground. It was many miles later when Paul realized what happened, today we call Paul Bunyan's mistake The Grand Canyon.”

“Now no one knows what happened to Paul, some say he moved on to his next great adventure, but I reckon he’s around here somewhere”

The car rolls back through mist into a western world with animatronic coyotes playing with a young Pecos Bill.

“I think ya’ll have enough time for one more story. This one is about a good friend of mine, Pecos Bill. Now Pecos Bill was a man born in Texas and after falling out a wagon like the one ya’ll are in right now, he was raised by a pack of coyotes”

The car spins into the next scene, with the smell of rain and dark clouds in the distance.

“Now he should be around here somewhere, like I said he's a good friend of mine. I hope he ain’t caught in the clouds ahead, looks like a storms approaching”

The wagon rolls into the room where other wagons can be seen spinning around a large Tornado in the center of the room.

“That ain’t any storm, that’s a Tornado. Find something to ‘old on to ya’ll this is gonna be a bumpy ride.”

The wagon feels like it’s being picked up into the area as it starts to spin around the room barely missing the other wagons in the room. The height of the seating compartment continues to change adding to the sensation of being thrown around the storm. In the final bit, the wagon is spun rapidly out of the room.

wagon2-jpg.102193

“Looks like Pecos caught the Tornado, and rode off to meet with his love Slue-Foot Sue”

The storm has calmed and guest once again find themselves in the cave with a mist screen showing Pecos Bill riding the Tornado off into the distance. The vehicle passes through the mist into the unloading station where they here the Historian one last time.

“Please join me again soon for some of my tales!”

The Gathering Spot:

The Gathering Spot is the newest table service on the edge of Rocksburg. Serving Native American cuisine found throughout the nation, and traditional foods such as burgers for those who like something much familiar. The seating, and stage will be outdoors with a canopy protecting everyone from the harsh Florida elements. Seating will either be on stones or logs, and the tables are made of wood. All aroudn diners they can see trees sprouting, and overhead fans and lights hanging on ropes. This table service is open for Lunch and Dinner. Now lets move toward the show.

Wolf_Trap_Childrens_Theatre-in-the-Woods.jpg

- Telling of a Navajo Early Morning Blessing

Chief White Feather - "The great sea of grain and grass, home of the buffalo and the First Nation. The Blackfoot, the Comanche, the Kiowa, the Lakota, the Crow...all call these expansive lands home. But, life was not always easy. So, the gods gave a gift. The gift of the Sacred Dog."

- Telling of The Sacred Dog

Chief White Feather - "The upstream people are our brothers of the north-west. The Karuk. Their lore tells us how the Coyote, the craftiest of all the animal spirits, gained it's cunning."

Chief White Feather - "The Iriquois nation was founded in the spirit of cooperation and mutual respect by five tribes. One of the original tribes, from the cold realms of the north, was the Onandaga. And, they tell us why the sky moves, and where mother earths great bounties come from."

- Telling of Earth on Turtle's Back

Chief White Feather - "But, in the dark, not all is as it seems. There are beasts and mysterious creatures which should be treated with respect and care."

- Telling of The Old Man and the Taily-po

Chief White Feather - "And, it wasn't so long ago, that these rocks themselves were populated by Giants."

- Telling of The Story of the Giants

Chief White Feather - "Do not fear, my friends and children. There are strong warriors from the Six Nations, including the Tuscarora, to protect you if you are kind, honest and good."

- Telling of The Invisible Warrior

Chief White Feather - "However, we are told, treat the earth with care and respect, and the mother will respond in kind."

- Telling of Brother Eagle Sister Sky

Chief White Feather - "And now depart, my friends, with this wisdom from our elders. May the Warm Winds of Heaven, blow softly upon your house. May the Great Spirit, bless all who enter there. May your moccasins make happy tracks in many snows. And, may the rainbow always touch your shoulder."

Race through the Wilderness -

Queue:

As guests enter the Rocksburg Ranch they encounter several desert plants and a trough bone dried of water. Guests maneuver throughout the front of the ranch on a slope slowly going up encountering plenty of desert plants and an occasional cow skull. Eventually guests reach the Rocksburg Ranch's prized possession the Livery Stables with the fastest horses in town.

Inside the Livery Stables guests will see hanging lights illuminating the whole room. Several windows are present showing guests a sunset outside over the wild frontier. On what appears to be a second story are bales of hay stacked upon each other. On the lower floor to the right will be various stables with realistic horse animatronics occasionally they will huff or neigh. The various horse stables will awards on the walls which will have various gags to corresponds to the horses name. Guests will eventually reach the loading docks and enter their own trusty steed.

Ride Vehicle:

Guests will be riding roller coaster cars that each seat will be an individual horse. This way it will seem like each guest is racing one and other. Overall this will be a unique roller coaster that for people that aren't ready for Big Thunder Mountain or Space Mountain, but are too old for the Barnstormer. Overall it would be a fun ride for all audiences.

29CRITIC-articleLarge.jpg

Ride Stats & Info:

This at traction takes place in a show building, and not outside.
Attraction Type : Motorbike Roller Coaster
Vehicle : Rocksburg Steeds
Theme : The Frontier's Wonder
Number of Trains : 4
Amount of Riders : 80
Riders per Train : 20
Duration : 3 Minutes
Riders per Hour : 1,600
Riders per Day : 16,000 - 28,800
Height Restriction : 38 in (97 cm)
Fastpass+ : Yes
Ticket Rating : D-Ticket

Ride Experience:

As guests disembark from the safety of the stables they enter a cacti garden. Among the cacti there are several that seem o have grown arms, noses, and eyes. Occasionally a sneeze is heard as one cactus says Bless You another says Thank You. Occasionally some of the other cactus have a conversation, but are shushed to not make the humans think they're crazy. Guests soon embark upon a lift hill. Guests pass by several cacti growing upon the wall that seem normal. Eventually guests come across a Saguaro Cactus that on top a bob cat slyly smiling to the horses and guests and they go down the hill.

minetrain2_cacti1975dc.jpg

Guests race down the hill, and under an arch made of red clay. As the sky darkens to night guests pass by two foxes one nodding yes, and the other no. Guests soon find out that they were arguing if they should enter a particular part of the frontier. Here guests quickly move around and maneuver rocks that are rolling around, and it seems like they are about to fall upon guests. As guests finally escape the rocks they see an owl who is hooting as if it was laughing at guests. Although it seems like it's all over a large rock begins to fall. Guests quickly turn into a cave as they here a rock falling presumably blocking the only known entrance/exit.

As guests continue through the dark ominous cave a light appears. Guests are greeted with a spectacle of color known as Rainbow Caverns. Stalactites and Stalagmites are all round the room in multiple colors. While waterfalls pour water that seems to glow in the dark. This room will be a true sight to behold. Guests will soon reach a new cave opening. As guests exit the cave they will be able to see the sun rising in the distance. They will pass by various geysers inside the cave some will shoot out multi color water. As guests leave the cave they have a small,but quick drop.

Through the drop the guests turn left and pass by several hidden springs with wild animals resting and drinking around the hidden springs. Guests will then enter a fenced in area as they pass by a cow and a chicken coop. From here they reenter the Livery Stables, and unload.

Sal's Saloon -

Welcome to Sal's Saloon! The local eatery for the tourists and residents of Rockburg. Serving tasty BBQ foods such as ribs and chicken this eatery is sure to please. Not convinced? Well how about stopping by the bar home to the world's famous Golden Apple Cider right from an orchard planted by Johnny Appleseed himself. While you folks sit back and dine how about ya'll listen to some good ol' music from the Dust Bitters a local music group who have been making music since the early days of Rockburg. We do hope to see ya'll real soon.

Rocksburg Storefronts -

This particular store will be divided into three separate "Stores", but in reality all form one large store similar to the Emporium. From Left to Right these stores are Lovely Lucy's Salon, Ol'Jack's Miners Supplies, and The Neighborly Merchant. Each of these stores keeping a different, but coherent theme that matches Rocksburg.

storefronts.jpg

Lovely Lucy's Salon:

Long before Rocksburg was a town Lucy was kidnapped and robbed from Rainbow Ridge by thieves. They had left Lucy in a land by herself nearby several springs. She had discovered that the springs had a certain substance to keep herself forever young, and overtime she built a house over the spring that was the source of the minerals. Now she welcomes all the locals and tourists into her salon to try what she claims wil help everyone stay forever young.

Upon entering the store guests will be able to view all the displays throughout the room. Hanging throughout the room are portraits of Lucy. With some of them with her wearing clothes from the 1700's, and another showing clothes from the 1800's. Each portrait shows no age to Lucy as it seems like she stays constantly the same. Perhaps the minerals are really real perhaps give it a try?

This store will specialize in selling Shampoos, Conditioners, Shower Gels, Soaps, and Creams. The majority will be changed out over time, but one line the will always stay the same is the Rocksburg Forever Young line. This line of merchandise will come with pleasing scents from the Wild Frontier, and will be infused with a mineral that will help care for the body keeping your skin forever young.

Ol'Jack's Miner Supplies:

Ol'Jack came to town to cash in on miner, but soon business seem to fade as the miners discovered there to be nothing. The few that stayed was for the sweet water claimed to keep you young. Soon word got out, and tourists from all over flooded Rocksburg. Ol'Jack seeing a golden opportunity to cash in reopened his store to all. Ever since they're has been a steady flow of money.

Ol'Jacks Miner Supply will sell typical Frontierland Merchandise as well as new items based on the newest addition to Frontierland, Rocksburg. The store is decorated with mining supplies throughout the room with it giving it off a rustic feeling.

The Neighborly Merchant:

Run by the Indians nearby guests will be able to shop goods that seem to be made by the tribes from the nearby Indian Show. I would like to also mention that this will also sell Coonskin Caps made famous by none other than Davy Crockett. The interior of the store will be decorated with various things one would find in a typical Indian Tribe's home.

DavyCrockettLOGO16704.jpg

:DThank you for reading about Rocksburg!:D

RMichael21

TEAM MICKEY PRESENTS...
8031489_orig.png

Sierran Expedition

Sierra-Nevada-wallpapers-13.jpg

THE EXPANSION
With Walt Disney World celebrating it's 50th Anniversary in 2021, one of the most popular lands in the park will be expanded as part of the resort's The Magic Never Grows Old campaign. Frontierland will be expanded to feature an all new E-Ticket dark ride, perfect for the entire family. So, join us, as we experience one of the wildest rides in the wilderness!

7670783_orig.png

Red= Railroad Track
Gold= Railroad Station
White= Queue
Grey= Show Building
Green= Outdoor portions

The placement of this expansion will allow for even more expansion further north of the Rivers of America and leaves room for a new path along the water.

As part of this new experience, Frontierland will be expanded north of Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. In addition, the train tracks will be extended west in order to provide more room for the expansion. A large, wide pathway will provide access to the area, with an under ground tunnel bypass used in busier times of the year.

When guests arrive in the expanded area, they will find themselves at the entrance of the attraction.

BACK STORY
Our story begins in Colonial America. The colonists, being the rebels that they are, have just broken free from the controlling monarchy of England. With that, the country of The United States of America can grow, flourish and mature. Throughout the next several decades, or centuries for that matter, American settlers expand their country. First, through the South and then west across the Mississippi River and through the wild frontier. Finally, the settlers reached the dry and sparse desert of Nevada, where the flat expanse of land meets the high mountains of the Sierras which separates Nevada and California.

This story is told in the Magic Kingdom. Imagineers designing the "Florida Project" wanted to tell a historic timeline and story from East to West, both in the park and in history. Liberty Square begins the story with it's colonial American theme. Eventually, the separation between Liberty Square and Frontierland represents the crossing of the Mississippi River. Finally, the western most point of Frontierland is the Nevada desert, where Big Thunder Mountain Railroad is set. **The only theme issue is Splash Mountain, but we'll ignore that for now** Now, we at Team Mickey have decided to continue that story, and bring it to a close by including the final push of westward expansion through the Sierras and into California territory.

Our attraction, located north and slightly to the west of Big Thunder Mountain Railroad will be located in an expedition outpost, along the fringes of the Sierras. Due to the rapid expansion of trains throughout the country and surrounding territories, the last train station (and the last piece of civilization) before the high reaches of the mountains will be located in the small town area. After that, any settlers looking to make a trek through the dangerous mountains to reach the Pacific Ocean must travel by stage coach

Sierran Expedition will focus on the risky journey that thousands took to get to the unknown land that is now known as California. Guests will start in the town known as Rainbow Creek (a nod to Rainbow Ridge) and set off on their expedition to find the promise land and live an American Dream. Guests will become one of these settlers as they try to find a Californian, secluded mining town in the middle of the Sierras.

With this full circle story, guests of Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom will be able to understand and appreciate the hardships and triumphs of the settlers that journeyed across the continent from one ocean to the other.

FACADE
The facade will feature mountains in the distance using forced-perspective.

QUEUE
Stepping off the platform at the new train station we see a wide pathway. We see a bustling Frontier town with vendors and shops. At the end of the street we see the entrance to a path that appears to lead towards Big Thunder Mountain. Above this path is a sign that says (Insert name of the ride, something like “Road to Rattlesnake Canyon” or something). Walking down the narrow path we rise and fall over rocks and into Thunder Mountain. Around a small bend we begin to go down into a cave.

Stalactites cover the ceiling and a steady dripping of water falls into a pool to our right. We continue to move through the cave and out to the pass on an overlook. Looking down we can see the Mine Train as it passes through the mountain. The path continues to Wind down the mountain and we come to the river. A wide river with a wooden bridge over it built with wagons in mind. Crossing the bridge we can see a dense forest ahead. We enter the forest and immediately realize that we are nowhere near civilization. The pine trees grow taller here than anywhere around. We continue to move through the pines until we come to a small clearing and a tiny log cabin with a single window in the front. The porch has a rocking chair on it and the wall has several animal skins on the wall. A chimney sticks out the top of the cabin with a slow rise of smoke coming from it. A wagon sits on the side of the house but its missing two wheels and looks like it’s been there for quite some time. We continue winding through the trees and eventually we come to another clearing. We arrive at a long row of store fronts. Hitching posts and awnings festoon a few of them. We see a saloon, a blacksmith, a nondescript boarded up building, and in the center the largest of them all. It’s a perfectly square building with red letters that read “Sam’s General Store”. It is a humble looking building in a faded brown color. The lettering painted directly on the wood is faded from years of exposure to sunlight and weather. The Front door is double wide and a newer golden brown as if it was recently replaced. There are two white windows on either side of the door. Each has a white curtain drawn halfway and displays a few items for sale. There is a pocket watch, a saddle, a large stack of folded linen, a pair of black boots, and a double barreled shotgun. A sign nailed directly over the door reads “Wagon Repair”.

home-slide-300_8113.jpg

We enter the general store and see that it is well stocked with supplies on the shelves. A few sacks of grain, a plow in the corner, glass jars with nothing really in them but dust and a few with spices in them among a vast assortment of necessities of frontier life. Moving to the back of the store we exit through a door to the back side of the building where the wagon repair is. The Sun is shining and the sierra Mountains are in the distance. Trees and hills as far as we can see. Wagon parts and tools are all around us on the ground. The sound of horses and wagons fills the air as we walk farther out a row of stagecoaches await us with doors wide open.

RIDE VEHICLES
The ride system for our attraction is rather unique. While utilizing a system similar to the EMV ride system found in attractions such as Indiana Jones Adventure, and Dinosaur, the real innovation comes from the ride vehicle itself. Each ride vehicle is actually its own mini theatre, putting guests right in the middle of the action through use of various in-vehicle effects.

Groups of nine guests (three rows of three) will board an entirely enclosed stagecoach to set off on their adventure. Each stagecoach is outfitted, obviously, with three sets of doors for easy access to each row. These doors are all outfitted with glassless windows, giving guests an almost unobstructed view of the beautiful and unexplored Sierras. The front of the vehicle is also outfitted with a rather wide window, which runs from about halfway up the front of the stagecoach to just below the ceiling, offering a nice, slightly more obstructed view of the wilderness.

With each stagecoach essentially acting as a theatre, this allows us to put guests in a totally controlled environment. While traversing a trail in the middle of a harsh blizzard, guests will feel the freezing, unforgiving winds inside their stagecoach. Likewise, while going through a squalling storm, guests will feel the hot, humid air inside the coach. And, of course, if guests are attacked by crazed pioneers or bandits, the stagecoach may or may not show where a stray bullet struck its side. All of this combined puts guests right into the middle of the action, allowing them to experience the attraction in ways that no dark ride has done before. And, naturally, the effects carry into the ride scenes as well. The roof over guests heads open up a lot of options to us. It allows us to have full weather effects while not getting guests drenched in the process, and without the need to hide the various pipes and water fixtures needed to create such effects. It also allows us to design more complicated effects that can be easily hidden above guests’ unsuspecting heads, again allowing for an even more immersive experience.

To the average guest, the stagecoaches look are rather unsuspecting. All are painted in an array of relatively bright colors, all faded and peeling from wear. The sides of each coach feature the names of various Stagecoach companies, such as “Red Pony Stagecoach Co.” Hanging off the front of the stagecoach, towards its roof, is an empty bench for the carriage driver. The roof is packed with various travel gear, sacks, trunks, and supplies.

THE MUSIC
The music of our attraction is a very important component. To properly portray the sights and experiences found in "Sierran Expedition", we have decided to score our attraction entirely with music by Aaron Copland. Copland is regarded as perhaps one of the most American composers of all time, so it is only natural to score our attraction with some of his most famous works, including Appalachian Spring and Billy the Kid. Copland's timeless music will live on in this timeless place.

THE ATTRACTION
Scene 1 (Majesty of the Sierras) -
Once everyone is aboard, the stagecoach slowly trudges out of the station, leaving behind the last outpost of civilization for miles, and beginning our grand journey into the unknown. Rounding a corner, we find ourselves at the top of a small hill. What lies before us is a vast forest reaching as far as our eyes can see. Tall pine trees, babbling brooks, and, of course, the majestic Sierra Mountains, all sit just ahead, inviting us to discover their wonders. The score crests. All signs of civilization are gone as we are greeted by and invited to explore the true majesty of the Sierras.

Redwood-Grove-%28USA,-California%29.jpg

As we slowly meander through a winding well-trodden path at the foot of the Sierras, we pass the various flora and fauna of the area. To our left and our right sit all species of coniferous pine trees, seemingly reaching to the heavens far past our line of sight. The sounds of California Quails and Acorn Woodpeckers can be heard off in the distance. If we look close enough, we can even see a few of these beautiful birds building nests and poking holes in the enormous pines.

As we further venture into the bright and beautiful forests, we begin to see a few of Sierra Nevada’s more elusive inhabitants. As we approach a rather rocky-looking stream, we see a sleuth of Black Bears as they hunt for the salmon desperately trying to hop their way upstream. We ford the stream, passing the black bears, who briefly stop fishing to watch their curious onlookers. Winding up a small hill, we quickly pass a doe and her two fawns who watch from a safe distance in a small meadow.

Cresting over the small hill, we slowly make our way into a small cave.

Scene 2 (The Donner Pass) -
We quickly approach a small cave jutting out of the bottom of a tall cliff. Next to the cave is a small crude rotted wood sign reading “Donner Pass.” It looks a bit dodgy, but we enter the cave anyway. The inside of the cave is pretty much pitch black. The only source of light come from the eyes of a large group of bats hanging from the ceiling and walls, silently watching their new guests. As we pass the bats, we notice something strange. Is it getting...colder? And is that the sound of a squalling wind in the distance? The wind gets louder, and the air colder as we exit the cave.

Scene 3 (The Blizzard) -
We exit the cave, only to be greeted by nothing. Well, not nothing - we find ourselves in the middle of a blizzard. We are mostly blind, unable to see through the dense mist created by the rapid snowfall. What we can see seems to indicate that we’re at the bottom of some sort of canyon, which appears to open up slightly ahead. It’s cold. We can feel it in the stagecoach. And the strong winds aren’t helping anything. Despite the rather dire conditions, our stagecoach trudges forward.

Donner%20Pass,%20October%201846.jpg

Making our way through the white-out storm, we begin to notice that the stagecoach doesn’t really have any traction in the snow. Because of this, we start swerving a bit. Thankfully we regain control before anything bad happens. As we begin to reach the end of the canyon, however, we notice that some other travellers were not quite as lucky as we were.

Leaving the canyon, we finally get a good look at our surroundings. The entire area is barren. Not a tree, or animal to be seen, probably taken out by the seemingly-endless storm. On either side of us, we see a rather disturbing sight. We seem to have found ourselves in a graveyard of lost pioneers; their half-frozen wagons and supplies all toppled and scattered all around in the snow. We pass by a wrecked covered wagon and notice a dog shivering underneath the torn canvas cover of its master’s vehicle, waiting out the storm as probably the last survivor of a long-lost party.

We slowly continue further into the barren wasteland. Thankfully, the storm seems to be lightening up.

Scene 4 (The Camp) -

As the snow lightens up, we find ourselves at a small camp of stranded pioneers. About five pioneers, both adults and children, sit around an overturned wagon that has been set aflame. As we pass the rather warm-feeling fire, we notice that the pioneers have noticed us. One or two quickly turn to look at us before turning back and rather loudly whispering towards other members of their party. We can’t quite make out exactly what they’re saying, but it’s still rather ominous. It’s obvious they’re talking about us. We cautiously make our way past the camp. Just as we think we’re in the clear, a trio of gun-toting pioneers pop up from behind a frozen bush. Who are these people? Bandits? No - cannibals.

The stagecoach speeds up in an attempt to get away from the cannibals, but they’re following close behind, shooting wildly towards us in a desperate attempt to stop us. The bullets are definitely close. We can feel them graze our stagecoach. One even hits the inside of the cabin, making a very visible hole through our once-safe vehicle.

Suddenly, we swerve. Have the cannibals shot one of our wheels? Thankfully no as we quickly regain traction, leaving the cannibals far behind us.

Again we find ourselves at the mouth of a cave. We have no other option but to enter, and lose the cannibals for good.

Scene 5 (Melting Snow) -
The crevice is rather sparse. As we slowly make our way through it, we notice the snow beginning to melt as the air gets a bit hotter. Reaching the end of the crevice, we notice that the snow has completely melted and we once again find ourselves in the middle of a dense coniferous forest. It’s the dead of night, but it’s peaceful. At least there aren’t any cannibals.

Scene 6 (A Great Storm) -
With this sudden change of the seasons come new treacherous forms of weather. We see that as we move forward, the green color of the leaves on the deciduous trees has begun to darken. It is now summer. From outside our stagecoach, we can feel the heat and humidity pounding in full intensity. The lighting darkens, symbolizing large gray clouds rushing to block out the sun. Lightning arches across the sky, and we hear the deep, low rumble of thunder. The chirping of the birds abruptly stops, as they seek shelter elsewhere.

The rain begins. At first a light sprinkle, it slowly worsens to a shower. The forest is drenched, and the rainwater runs down the steep slopes, quickly eroding the loose soil. Though we still see and hear thunder and lighting in the distance, it is not yet an immediate threat. The stream that runs past us has begun to flow more quickly, having been flooded by the rainfall. The winds on either side of us pick up a bit, and the trees precariously sway from side to side. Now the rain is a bit heavier, pounding on the roof of our stagecoach.

Now that the dirt of the trail has been combined with water, we face another serious threat—that of a mudslide. The stagecoach slows down a bit, finding it too hard to trudge through the mud and rain. After moving up a small hill, we begin to slide back down for a minute. Pulling back up, the stagecoach overcorrects, almost tipping over, and slides sideways down a small hill. We manage to regain our balance, get out of the mud, and get back on the path—all this while the rainstorm continues to increase its intensity.

Scene 7 (Bandits) -
The winds of the terrible storm increase. A rain-splattered sign nailed to a tree warns of bandits in these parts of the trail, and offers a large sum of money as a reward. According to the sign, the bandits work in packs to steal from the stagecoaches that traverse the wilderness. Around us, the coniferous trees grow thicker. This helps offer some shelter from the rain, but we can’t see very far in front of us as the road twists and turns through the trees.

Suddenly, we are ambushed by a group of bandits from behind a pine. Luckily, we slide backward in the mud and move in the other direction, crashing through a group of trees. We hear the bandits shooting behind us, and see the mud on the ground around us being splashed up by the bullets. In fact, we can feel the bullets rushing past us at high speeds. We are safe for the moment—but now that we are at a lower elevation, the flooding of the storm is worsening.

Scene 8 (The Storm Worsens) -
The lightning and thunder can be seen and heard more frequently, and at a louder volume than before. The rain now comes down in torrents, and the sky is completely dark as the clouds obscure the sun. The wind is picking up to the point where we can see trees toppling on the other side of the stream. The stream itself has become a rushing river, and the entire forest floor is flooded. The water reaches up to the leaves of the trees on the banks. Luckily, our trail is on a small ridge that is elevated a few feet above the water. But it is moving slowly downhill, and we see that the flooding ahead blocks our path. It will be dangerous, but we have to go off the path to avoid sinking. Our vehicle rolls into the rough terrain ahead, into a dense forest. At certain points we have to turn suddenly to avoid the pools of water that are building up on the floor. The lightning above continues to strike, hitting a nearby sapling that catches on fire and is quickly extinguished by the flooding water.

Frequently, we see more groups of bandits pop up behind the trees. We can hear one riding behind us, the “clip-clop” of his horse’s footsteps drawing closer, but soon the storm drowns out this noise. We are seemingly lost, darting around trees to avoid the bandits and dodge the rushing water and mud on the ground. We somehow arrive in a clearing, and stop to get our bearings. But bandits ambush us from every direction! There is no escape. Thunder crashes overhead.

Suddenly, a natural dam in the river is pushed to the side. The huge wall of water crashes through the trees, sweeping us downriver. The bandits, left behind, try to shoot at us to no avail. We only believe we are safe for a moment. As the storm builds to a climax, we see another group of bandits downstream waiting with a net strung across the river. We are certainly doomed.

A bolt of lightning hits one of the tallest trees in the forest. Fortunately for us, it falls slowly to the ground between the bandits and us. With a thud, it diverts the stream. Our vehicle spins to the side and is propelled up a hill. We find ourselves out of the storm and back on the trail.

Scene 9 (The Nighttime) -
Now that the rain has finally ceased, the fauna of the area make their appearance via sight and sound. We are in a redwood grove, the stately trees towering far above to the point where we cannot even catch a glimpse of their tops. Our stagecoach passes through a large hole in one of the trees, as if to demonstrate its gigantic size. The inside of the tree is covered with squirming banana slugs, eating away at the lichen.

We emerge from the tree and see a small pool of water to our right. An owl hoots softly, and if we look closely, we see its shadow moving high above. A raccoon, feeding in the pool, scurries away upon seeing our stagecoach. A fish jumps out of the water, leaving ripples behind. In a nearby tree, a squirrel is trying to evade a red fox. Though the fox is attempting to climb, the squirrel begins to pelt it with acorns. We pass by a hollow log, startling a bobcat sleeping inside.

Turning a corner, we see a soft orange glow over the horizon as the sun begins to rise. The entrance to a dark cave lies on the path ahead.

Scene 10 (A Journey's End) -
The dark tunnel leads us back out of the show building. Our path turns so we can see the mountain range from which we just emerged, signifying that we have completed our dangerous trek across the Sierras. Our destination, the mining camp, lies across a river-- presumably the same one that we saw at various points throughout our journey. We cross the rickety bridge with no difficulty, and enter the town.

The town is a mining camp from the Gold Rush era. An aqueduct runs from the stream up into the town, where the sounds of miners panning and working can be heard. This audio is rife with gags, as we listen in on their conversations. The trail ends and we find ourselves on the streets of the town, where we can see that it was built very quickly as gold was discovered. Houses and saloons line the street leading up to the small City Hall. We pass the West Sierra stagecoach station, the end of the line, and unload on the banks of the stream. Though our journey was weary and difficult, we have finally arrived.

Guests disembark from their vehicle and exit the attraction. Thanks for reading our submission and have a magical day!

TheOriginalTiki

Before I start with my reviews, let me first say that all three teams did a fantastic job this round.

Team Goofy: You know I'm a sucker for RCT3 :p that alone definitely raised you some points in my book because I think it's a perfect way to pre-visualize Imagineering concepts, and you worked really well around the limitations of the game as someone who's incredibly familiar with it. It's definitely a strong proposal, but the one thing I have to knock it down for is simply a bit of a lack of originality. While what you had was well done, it felt very "generic Frontierland" to me, if that makes any kind of sense. I guess one of my big issues is that you didn't give a justification for having a second water ride in Frontierland. With that in mind, I think it was a great blend of a Splash style ride system with Big Thunder style visuals. Overall really good work!

Team Oswald: You put a lot of detail in the write up, so good job there. You also went above and beyond the expectations of the project. We'll see how that plays with the other judges, but it definitely worked in my book especially because I LOVE the coaster. As for the main E Ticket, it's really well done. My only worry is that people confused with the fact that there's already Disney representations of a lot of these characters. Or is that the point? Is Davy Crocket going to be a full blown Fess Parker look-alike? I wish you'd of been a bit more specific with that kind of stuff. The different Disney characters aside, for what it was you guys definitely had a strong concept that flowed together quiet nicely. Really good build up to Pecos Bill and the Tornado (Fun fact: A "Pecos Bill" E Ticket for Frontierland which would serve as a bridge between Disneyland's Frontierland and Toon Town was one of my very earliest Armchair Imagineering concepts :) )

TheOriginalTiki

Team Mickey: This is another homerun for the Mouse Team. At first when I saw the icy environments of the pictures I got very skeptical. It certainly didn't feel like a traditional Frontierland attraction at first. When all is said and done though, I thought this was a flat out INNOVATIVE way to literally expand the territory of what a Frontierland attraction can be. As someone who lives about an hour and a half away from the Sierras, I'm pretty familiar with the area and I can definitely say you captured it very well. Loved the cryptic scene of passing by the settlers and them whispering to each other. All together a very bold and daring direction you guys took, and I think it paid off beautifully. Might just be my favorite project of the entire season thus far!

Vipraa

Critiques

Team Goofy

Love the backstory of Rocky Ridge and what it has to do with the story. I have some concerns on having a ride system so similar to Splash mountain this close to it but the River rafts definitely are a more mild ride. Love the detail in the queue with the newspaper article. I want to see some S.E.A. connections especially with then new connections at BTMRR. Really like the ride through with RCT3. I wish you had as much detail in your ride scenes as you have everywhere else. The Storyline seems a little week. Im not sure how the bandits really fit into a story where is Native Americans vs Miners. I like the illustration of how Rocky Ridge adds to the Frontierland Skyline.

Team Oswald
I like the story of Rocksburg and how the settlers came to be in harmony with the Native Americans. The Map is Excellent and I like how you fixed a major bottleneck by connecting it back to the main path. I like the trackless dark ride in theory but it doesn't seem exciting enough to me. Lots of script but not a lot of ride details. I like the Lunch/ Dinner Show but again i wish i had more details. I don't think Frontierland needs another coaster and I have my issues with Motorbike coasters at Disney because in my opinion they are not accessible enough. If people complain about 7DMT being tight then how are we going to fit the 300+ pound ECV riding guests on a straddle coaster with a rear restraint. Sals Saloon Seems like a rehash of Pecos and I don't know if we need this many more stores in Frontierland. Great presentation but i wish there was more detail on some of it.

Team Mickey

I love that we are going to the Sierras as I feel it’s criminally underrepresented in the florida parks. Love the deals you put into the area and queue. Im kinda confused on the ride system. Its an EMV but is got screens for windows? Can we see out at all? (similar to the Hogwarts Express is what I'm imagining?) If we have screens for windows then why do we need to move at all and why not just make it a simulator? I love that you thought of a composer for the music but I wish you had put together even a rough edit of a demo or soundtrack so we could get abetter idea of what you were thinking. The ride experience itself is truly wonderful and not like anything else in Frontierland.

jdmdisney99

Original Poster
Challenge 4 - Critiques

I have been very busy today and apologize, so no full reviews from me but, essentially...

Before I start with my reviews, let me first say that all three teams did a fantastic job this round.

Team Goofy: You know I'm a sucker for RCT3 :p that alone definitely raised you some points in my book because I think it's a perfect way to pre-visualize Imagineering concepts, and you worked really well around the limitations of the game as someone who's incredibly familiar with it. It's definitely a strong proposal, but the one thing I have to knock it down for is simply a bit of a lack of originality. While what you had was well done, it felt very "generic Frontierland" to me, if that makes any kind of sense. I guess one of my big issues is that you didn't give a justification for having a second water ride in Frontierland. With that in mind, I think it was a great blend of a Splash style ride system with Big Thunder style visuals. Overall really good work!

Team Oswald: You put a lot of detail in the write up, so good job there. You also went above and beyond the expectations of the project. We'll see how that plays with the other judges, but it definitely worked in my book especially because I LOVE the coaster. As for the main E Ticket, it's really well done. My only worry is that people confused with the fact that there's already Disney representations of a lot of these characters. Or is that the point? Is Davy Crocket going to be a full blown Fess Parker look-alike? I wish you'd of been a bit more specific with that kind of stuff. The different Disney characters aside, for what it was you guys definitely had a strong concept that flowed together quiet nicely. Really good build up to Pecos Bill and the Tornado (Fun fact: A "Pecos Bill" E Ticket for Frontierland which would serve as a bridge between Disneyland's Frontierland and Toon Town was one of my very earliest Armchair Imagineering concepts :) )
Team Mickey: This is another homerun for the Mouse Team. At first when I saw the icy environments of the pictures I got very skeptical. It certainly didn't feel like a traditional Frontierland attraction at first. When all is said and done though, I thought this was a flat out INNOVATIVE way to literally expand the territory of what a Frontierland attraction can be. As someone who lives about an hour and a half away from the Sierras, I'm pretty familiar with the area and I can definitely say you captured it very well. Loved the cryptic scene of passing by the settlers and them whispering to each other. All together a very bold and daring direction you guys took, and I think it paid off beautifully. Might just be my favorite project of the entire season thus far!
Critiques

Team Goofy

Love the backstory of Rocky Ridge and what it has to do with the story. I have some concerns on having a ride system so similar to Splash mountain this close to it but the River rafts definitely are a more mild ride. Love the detail in the queue with the newspaper article. I want to see some S.E.A. connections especially with then new connections at BTMRR. Really like the ride through with RCT3. I wish you had as much detail in your ride scenes as you have everywhere else. The Storyline seems a little week. Im not sure how the bandits really fit into a story where is Native Americans vs Miners. I like the illustration of how Rocky Ridge adds to the Frontierland Skyline.

Team Oswald
I like the story of Rocksburg and how the settlers came to be in harmony with the Native Americans. The Map is Excellent and I like how you fixed a major bottleneck by connecting it back to the main path. I like the trackless dark ride in theory but it doesn't seem exciting enough to me. Lots of script but not a lot of ride details. I like the Lunch/ Dinner Show but again i wish i had more details. I don't think Frontierland needs another coaster and I have my issues with Motorbike coasters at Disney because in my opinion they are not accessible enough. If people complain about 7DMT being tight then how are we going to fit the 300+ pound ECV riding guests on a straddle coaster with a rear restraint. Sals Saloon Seems like a rehash of Pecos and I don't know if we need this many more stores in Frontierland. Great presentation but i wish there was more detail on some of it.

Team Mickey

I love that we are going to the Sierras as I feel it’s criminally underrepresented in the florida parks. Love the deals you put into the area and queue. Im kinda confused on the ride system. Its an EMV but is got screens for windows? Can we see out at all? (similar to the Hogwarts Express is what I'm imagining?) If we have screens for windows then why do we need to move at all and why not just make it a simulator? I love that you thought of a composer for the music but I wish you had put together even a rough edit of a demo or soundtrack so we could get abetter idea of what you were thinking. The ride experience itself is truly wonderful and not like anything else in Frontierland.
DITTO. ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom