A Spirited Perfect Ten

PhotoDave219

Two years ago when we first broke the news it was out of left field. Now it is more than that and on the verge of getting the final green light. Could it end up getting canceled? Sure but that's the risk of posting this kind of information. As a few well known and respected posters on this thread will tell you, I don't reveal something unless either I'm personally involved in the project or close work associates are involved. If I believe there is danger of my identity being revealed I'll break the news to someone on here that I trust not to post until it is safe. It doesn't guarantee the project will be completed but it is as accurate as you will get regarding current plans as of that day.

And we thank you for your efforts.

Phil12

Many times the reason I don't go into a lot of detail when "spilling the beans" is because those details have not yet been decided and firmed up. The many reason is usually to avoid being caught or getting others in trouble. In this case I can say TSI is up in the air as of now. There is a plan to get rid of it and a plan to "upgrade" it.
I knew it. They're going to build a snow capped mountain on TSI and eliminate RoA. The new Frontierland attraction will be a dark ride, Pioneering with The Donner Party. The omnimover will get stuck in the heavy snow and just when you think you're a gonner, Olaf and Elsa will magically appear to save the day. :)

Cesar R M

I'm not sure I get your point. Yes, "When Can I see You Again" is just during the credits but it's not like it's just playing with words on the screen -- there's actually additional animation/scenes during the time (fun ones in fact). Also, the song was AFAIK made specifically for the film. It's not exactly a song I would expect to hear anywhere, but if I were at Disney and they played "When Can I see You Again" I would immediately think of WIR. It's basically the theme song of the movie, much like "You've Got a Friend in Me" was for Toy Story. It's certainly different than many "Disney songs" because it's a synthesizer pop song but I think it actually goes quick well with the generally upbeat music of a light parade.

Certainly, I'm sensitive to the issue since my kids love WIR and dancing to "When Can I see You Again" is one of our "things" we always do when we watch the movie. I'd love to see it used in the parks (well, I'd love Wreck It Ralph to be used in general).
Usually when songs are IN the credits, they are not meant to be "designed" for movies.
They are not exactly the "main song" of the movie.

Take for example the Princess and the Frog credits song (by Ne-Yo).
But I suppose this is kind of nebulous. Because songs like "Never Knew I needed" did not have much Disney connection in their official videos, while Owl City was definitely had Movie connections in their official ones.

It still feels like a pop song and not something specifically by Disney.

Stevek

I actually like soccer. Especially the French women's team.

What I cannot abide is people manipulating data and then yelling "facts are facts"
I love soccer and have spent just about every weekend over the past 10 years watching my daughters play. That being said, I'd rather watch a hockey game any day of the week. There is no doubt that soccer and the MLS are popular but no way I can see them being as popular as hockey or especially the NBA. Just look at the salaries alone. That will show you which sports in the US drive higher rev via attendance and TV rights.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Thought they already said that's not gonna happen in Disneyland?
Staggs did, yes.

That said, someone in those comments on the FP+ said they are starting testing for FP+ at Disneyland in August (which, is uber rumor territory there, but...)

I wasn't posting for that, merely that a lot of the comments seemed to want it. And, well...they really probably don't. :p

PhotoDave219

Thought they already said that's not gonna happen in Disneyland?
Staggs did, yes.

That said, someone in those comments on the FP+ said they are starting testing for FP+ at Disneyland in August (which, is uber rumor territory there, but...)

I wasn't posting for that, merely that a lot of the comments seemed to want it. And, well...they really probably don't. :p

No You're right, Its gonna be tested in August. Its coming whether people like it or not.

FigmentJedi

hey @Mike S .. did you see the news?

Mr. Iwata from Nintendo died, he passed away recently :(

http://money.cnn.com/2015/07/12/technology/nintendo-president-satoru-iwata-dead/index.html
Let's take a moment to reflect on how much Iwata cared about games, his employees, and Nintendo's identity. Having started out as a programmer, he actually stepped up to bat to fix quite a few games having issues over the years, including Earthbound, Pokemon Stadium, and Gold and Silver (He's why Kanto is even still playable on there, was better at compressing stuff then GameFreak's programmers). Even when he stepped into a more managerial position, he took time off to help troubleshoot Super Smash Bros Melee in the months before release.
While so many other gaming companies are obsessed with brown graphics, "cinematic experiences", and generic serious business, Iwata and the rest of Nintendo's bigwigs always kept a distinctive sense of play. Iwata was also one of the main factors keeping Nintendo from diluting their brand with mobile shovelware until recently and when the Wii U underperformed and shareholders were getting frustrated, he cut his own pay to keep programmers from getting laid off.

A lot of modern executives could learn from him. You could say that they must please understand.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Nah. Couple of sources within WDW actually...
Interesting. I didn't believe it for a minute when Staggs said that (repeatedly). But, to see it moving forward. I may have to toddle over to Disneyland forums in August just to watch the fun!

Is it the whole of MDX? Or just FP+? And, if FP+, is it the advance booking and 3 a day limits (until you've used them all and then have to use your phone, which I don't see Disneyland guests minding so much, or find a kiosk)? The big one, I think, that would set off DLR fans is if they limit it to one park only.

Hrm...should be interesting to see...

PhotoDave219

Interesting. I didn't believe it for a minute when Staggs said that (repeatedly). But, to see it moving forward. I may have to toddle over to Disneyland forums in August just to watch the fun!

Is it the whole of MDX? Or just FP+? And, if FP+, is it the advance booking and 3 a day limits (until you've used them all and then have to use your phone, which I don't see Disneyland guests minding so much, or find a kiosk)? The big one, I think, that would set off DLR fans is if they limit it to one park only.

Hrm...should be interesting to see...

At the moment? FP+ I think...

But seeing how they are so huge on the OneDisney initiative, and Staggs moving up.... I can't see this being derailed.

MDE & the ability to make reservations with your phone makes sense. I see it coming, especially since they spent so much damn money developing it.

Alas my info is about 2-3 months old so things may have changed.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
At the moment? FP+ I think...

But seeing how they are so huge on the OneDisney initiative, and Staggs moving up.... I can't see this being derailed.

MDE & the ability to make reservations with your phone makes sense. I see it coming, especially since they spent so much damn money developing it.

Alas my info is about 2-3 months old so things may have changed.
I certainly see Magicbands going worldwide in various phases, to include DCL (they would be uber handy for DCL, imho). But, I actually like Magicbands. So...

I agree though, their mindset about it, as well as the dev costs, I just don't see it staying away for too long.

bhg469

I certainly see Magicbands going worldwide in various phases, to include DCL (they would be uber handy for DCL, imho). But, I actually like Magicbands. So...

I agree though, their mindset about it, as well as the dev costs, I just don't see it staying away for too long.
The band's are convenient, they're a little uncomfortable for me because I have to wear it wherr the Mickey is at my wrist bone and not on the top.

Magic bands are just a neat ticket media, the fp+ is where I lose hope.

wdwgreek

Wow a lot has happened in the 11 days ive been abroad, so let me get this straight:

1. The name is Disney Hollywood Adventure?
2. Star Wars/ Pixar place expansion
3. Illuminations overlay/ update
4. Frontierland expansion?!
5. Seasonal Country Bear Jamboree
6. Update on wishes
Is that correct ive been sifting through the conversations, but just want to verify! Thanks ya'll

wdwgreek

The band's are convenient, they're a little uncomfortable for me because I have to wear it wherr the Mickey is at my wrist bone and not on the top.

Having just gone to DL Paris where they have the legacy system, the booking without running to attractions as well as being able to check wait times on your phone were both missed!

englanddg

One Little Spark...

And much better for gate throughput at Disneyland...frankly.

There they had some weird system where they'd take your picture and biometrics and the lines, even on a slow day in Feb, were still rather frustrating compared to going to Disneyworld in August (still on peak) and the lines flying through the Mickey Poles (in relative comparison)...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom