A Spirited Perfect Ten

FigmentJedi

FIrst look at the new Figment comic in September from Comic-Con
tumblr_nr8im7Ffap1sa3t1go1_1280.jpg

Hoping better images pop-up. Context-free, that second page is a perfect response to the bad versions of the ride.

brb1006

Hoping better images pop-up. Context-free, that second page is a perfect response to the bad versions of the ride.
Looks like the Figment comic might explain Dreamfinder's absence from Epcot since 1998.

WDW1974

Original Poster
Spirited Thursday Musings:

So interesting to see things come together after Bob Iger and The Walt Disney Company BoD met at WDW recently (you know, the news I broke here and then after ... everyone and their blogger-in-law's say they knew about it and exactly what was discussed? This community is always good for LOLs!)

We have money approved and plans signed off on for a redo of TPFKaTD-MGMS.

We have money approved and plans signed off on for smaller projects around WDW.

We have (after a rubber stamp didn't matter anyway city council meeting that dragged on past 1 a.m. Pacific time) money approved and plans signed off on for major additions to both Anaheim parks.

We have Imagineering moves that set up both an expansion for HKDL and a second gate down the road as well as Marvel product around the world (but not in the swamps).

Oh, EPCOT also has a new VP, but since she is the tenth since 1995 Melissa shouldn't get too comfortable in the George A. Kalogridis Memorial Bigass Office (seriously, I can't believe how large EPCOT's VP office is. You could run a Chinese sweatshop in there.)

We have, unless the Commies change their mind, announcements on SDL coming next week.

What else is going on? Oh yeah, Comic Con. Hey, ladies into CosPlay: I hear Mr. Inside The MAGIC himself is on the market again! Who wouldn't want that?

Now, what does it all mean?

Well, if you've been paying attention to what I've been talking about and posting about for months (longer on some things) here, then a lot of it is going to start to make more sense as we move into the rest of this year and beyond.

That means it's close for me to take my summer absence here (no, don't expect D23 commentary from me unless Bob Iger announces he's selling WDW to a Chinese company!)

Not much to discuss right now beyond endlessly speculating on things I really don't want to.

Have I told you to watch Mr. Robot? I'm telling you again.

I'm sorta looking forward to the Minions movie, but hope it's closer to the wonderful Despicable Me and not its less than stellar sequel.

It's July and we're having a SW USA type summer: severe drought, temps in mid-upper 90s. If not for the gators, bugs and obnoxious people I'd swear I wasn't in Florida!

I admit after giving up on Insider The Dome early last summer that I watched its premiere a week ago. That's about as much as I care to admit!

WDW1974

Original Poster
Spirited WLV Construction Update:

Work will start with the new fiscal year in October and ends in 2017.

The first phase will be the Hidden Springs Pool at the Villas closing in late October along with the beach, boat rental marina and playground. It will be replaced with a larger pool, more deck space as well as a hot tub area for the new DVC additions.

No timeline for when that work will/should be wrapped up.

Source says to expect a similar style of Polynesian phased refurb here again. Apparently, this will be announced to future Guests tomorrow ... so @wdwmagic, you may want to copy this over in one of the other threads on WL DVC here.

Cesar R M

Does this image depicts the main characters meeting an Iger-like Ceo about to destroy HORIZONS?

Cesar R M

Spirited Thursday Musings:

So interesting to see things come together after Bob Iger and The Walt Disney Company BoD met at WDW recently (you know, the news I broke here and then after ... everyone and their blogger-in-law's say they knew about it and exactly what was discussed? This community is always good for LOLs!)

We have money approved and plans signed off on for a redo of TPFKaTD-MGMS.

We have money approved and plans signed off on for smaller projects around WDW.

We have (after a rubber stamp didn't matter anyway city council meeting that dragged on past 1 a.m. Pacific time) money approved and plans signed off on for major additions to both Anaheim parks.

We have Imagineering moves that set up both an expansion for HKDL and a second gate down the road as well as Marvel product around the world (but not in the swamps).

Oh, EPCOT also has a new VP, but since she is the tenth since 1995 Melissa shouldn't get too comfortable in the George A. Kalogridis Memorial Bigass Office (seriously, I can't believe how large EPCOT's VP office is. You could run a Chinese sweatshop in there.)

We have, unless the Commies change their mind, announcements on SDL coming next week.

What else is going on? Oh yeah, Comic Con. Hey, ladies into CosPlay: I hear Mr. Inside The MAGIC himself is on the market again! Who wouldn't want that?

Now, what does it all mean?

Well, if you've been paying attention to what I've been talking about and posting about for months (longer on some things) here, then a lot of it is going to start to make more sense as we move into the rest of this year and beyond.

That means it's close for me to take my summer absence here (no, don't expect D23 commentary from me unless Bob Iger announces he's selling WDW to a Chinese company!)

Not much to discuss right now beyond endlessly speculating on things I really don't want to.

Have I told you to watch Mr. Robot? I'm telling you again.

I'm sorta looking forward to the Minions movie, but hope it's closer to the wonderful Despicable Me and not its less than stellar sequel.

It's July and we're having a SW USA type summer: severe drought, temps in mid-upper 90s. If not for the gators, bugs and obnoxious people I'd swear I wasn't in Florida!

I admit after giving up on Insider The Dome early last summer that I watched its premiere a week ago. That's about as much as I care to admit!
possible good news for shangai or bad news? (more delays? more attractions?)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom