Bob Iger at WDW now ... BoD to Follow?

Cesar R M

for your image macro purposes:

ipXkpt1.gif

I would happily take GotG over Indy. Just make a great ride Disney, no cheaping out. Especially since it's pretty much the only thing Marvel they can use aside from BH6.
speaking of BH6, will the meet and greet get relocated? Its annoying that they had Baymax for so few!
theres hardly any BH6 content in WDW.

They can use GOTG? I thought that it was tied to the Avengers in the Comics and for that reason they can not. Based on the movies the story arch is attached as just with the infinity stones.

not that related..
Some Avengers have been IN the GOTG group (see Iron man in the first part of the Vol3). Also Symbiote Spiderman ( Flash Tompson) for a bit as well.
Captain Marvel and other chars meet and helped in vol2 as well.

But the original guardians were billed "Tomorrow's Avengers" (as in the avengers of the future). Captain Vance Astro supposedly had the original Captain America shield.

Last edited:

Cesar R M

James Gunn seems too nerdy to mix something up like that. I doubt he'd say WDW instead of Disneyland, and vice versa. It could be coming to both resorts (RnRC rethemed, DL gets the custom version)

I could buy Michael Bay or Tyler Perry or a non-fanboy type director mixing the two resorts up, though. But James Gunn's too passionate about GotG to mislead fans like that. He does his research :)
or DCA gets the AVENGERS ride and WDW the Guardians of the Galaxy version?

also, pass on Michael Bay. hate the guy.

Phil12

I think you missed the "The way you explained here is a lot different from what you said earlier.".
Pretty ironic.
Indeed, I used different words to essentially say the same thing. Sometimes expounding is necessary for better understanding. However, I'm glad I was able to provide a more detailed explanation to help clarify and perhaps resolve the point of contention.

Shaman

I thought I read on here awhile back that there was a strong possibility of a Marvel overlap in Orlando. I think this came up during the negotiations between Marvel and Universal. Perhaps, Marvel sought more specific IP theme park usage terms and to win that allowed Universal to proceed with an update to the Marvel section at IoA?

Not sure how GotG fits in a DHS redo that features large Pixar and Lucasfilm sections. An overlay of RnRC is interesting...especially considering the film's soundtrack...but doesn't it affect the theme of the area?

Christian Fronckowiak

In the Parks
Yes
I have hard time to see that ride happening unless they are planing it for 2020 or 2021. I thought I read that Walt Disney Studios Park has the Ratatouille ride exclusively for 5 years.
Someone correct if I'm wrong, but I believe that the five year exclusive went away with the recently management change of Euro Disney SCA.

PhotoDave219

I thought I read on here awhile back that there was a strong possibility of a Marvel overlap in Orlando. I think this came up during the negotiations between Marvel and Universal. Perhaps, Marvel sought more specific IP theme park usage terms and to win that allowed Universal to proceed with an update to the Marvel section at IoA?

Not sure how GotG fits in a DHS redo that features large Pixar and Lucasfilm sections. An overlay of RnRC is interesting...especially considering the film's soundtrack...but doesn't it affect the theme of the area?

Not in this capital expenditure cycle. Not at the moment anyways.

BrerJon

I hope it wouldn't just be a RnRC retheme. What a waste.

Could be quite good though. Aerosmith is a bit past it and the whole 'make it a super stretch!' pre-show bit would be in the cockpit of a spaceship or something, with Universal style pepper's ghost projections of Groot et al., then an 80s mixtape soundtrack to the ride and some Space Mountain style stars and light effects.

I can see it being a quick win to get up quickly in Disneyland and divert crowds away from Star Wars construction and stuff, and it can't be *that* expensive as it was an opening day attraction in WDSP, but I don't think a reskin would come to WDW any time soon as they have too much on their plate with the other projects, let alone worrying about possible legal implications or not fitting the theme of the area.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Now the question will is do you want new attractions with that money or rides plussed to make them better? Epcot we need new rides but MK I may be ok with them just plussing the current line up.
They should be able to do some major plusing for that kind of money. Each park would have a budget just shy of FLE.

I would prefer a major clean up of EPCOT over 1 new E-ticket. 1/3 imagination, 1/3 energy, 1/3 Wonders of Life.

For MK put it towards Tomorrowland. Complete makeover and 1 D-ticket level new ride. Or an E-ticket to replace speedway. I could go either way.

Again endless speculation.....not one person here has SEEN the Cap Ex that the BOD has....sorry NO ONE has.....to say anyone knows for sure is just guessing! As well, no one knows 300 million or 350 million for MK or Epcot...we can estimate and assume. One thing we all know Disney is releasing a Star Wars movie very soon.....and Iger made it clear that Star Wars will be prominent in the parks.....we know the BOD was here and we know (well if you know how Boards work) you know it was for Massive Capital Spending....and it will be for WDW not Disneyland....they may add attractions in Anaheim but the Massive Cap Ex is coming to WDW. Again, we also KNOW how many attractions have CLOSED at DHS....so it would be LOGICAL to assume DHS is coming up to something Massive.....tie with Star Wars coming out and BAM you know Star Wars will be the HUGE addition and change.....Pixar, Indy, GOG could or could not be so stay tuned....but sometimes just plain logic and evidence as clear as the eye can see is EXACTLY what is coming!

What is fun is wondering what WDI has come up with.....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom