Bob Iger at WDW now ... BoD to Follow?

Cesar R M

Gee, my parents and I liked it from day one - at the 1964 World's Fair. My husband and his family also liked it - at the same fair.
The Mom: Clearly you're an alien for liking IASW. Because geee, someone in a forum told me it sucked! :hilarious:

No need, just unfreeze him

That is not possible.
They would need to shut down the generator that fuels WDW and is powered by Walt's spinning power.

I sincerely doubt how else the show writers could easily and quickly explain the sudden appearance of Frozen characters in Old Hollywood...

actually, it is very easy to explain.
Elsa caused the giant iceberg and tanked the titanic down.
She was then rescued by one of the rescue ships and ended living in a california retirement home. :hilarious:

GoofGoof

Premium Member
It's the stuff that DOES NOT make the national news that worries me about TWDC, ESPN example ESPN + P&R is the profit engine which pulls the TWDC train so why the cost cuts and removal of 'on air' talent remember people don't watch/listen to ESPN because of the BRAND (regardless of what the BoD thinks) they listen because of the TALENT.
People watch ESPN for sports...primarily college sports and some show called Monday Night Football. Nobody is tuning in just because of the talking heads. Those people change jobs about as frequently as NHL coaches. I wouldn't read too much into that.
Really, Look at the spending PATTERNS of failed companies especially those which went from industry titan to bankrupt 'overnight',

For better or worse Disney is following those patterns ie cutting capital expenditures far below historical norms for the company, huge 'cost cutting' initiatives, large reductions in product quality and finally doing everything and anything to increase cash flow even if it has adverse affects on long term customers.
The reduced capital spend is at WDW. They are spending at historic levels internationally on P&R. The rest of the company is spending too. Their slate of tent pole major budget films for the next 5 years is unprecedented for the company. You are reaching for facts to support a theory that the company is in trouble. Just because other companies went from industry Titan to bankrupt overnight doesn't mean every other successful company will too. The actual facts just fail to support your theory.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
The ship in no means is going under disney has over 100 billion dollars in assets. Its just certain divisions that are becoming a little red flagish. The only reason why the media threw out the IT stuff was because of outsourcing and the highly controversial work visas. But there are countless layoffs at ESPN a few at ABC Television Studios and oddly about 100 at Consumer products. Try asking questions and you get dirty looks from the supervisors. I get that this is corporate america and i did have to do layoff scenarios in collegw for my degree, but when a company is doing great at some of these divisions it doesnt make sense why people would be fired for the Corporate heads bad decisions. Remeber when John Carter flopped how many people were fired at the WDS. Yet the CEO had a safe chair. I understand that money making is important but firing people during the holiday seasons is never fun. Its a shame reading some of my fellow collegues LinkedIn postings to move elsewhere in the greater LA region. Restructuring may be healthy but its ot healthy for the heads of this company to get higher wages while they keep firing honest hard workibg american men and women. Thats what disillusions me and a few of the greenhorns around here.
Corporate reorganizations happen a lot. Probably too often. TWDC has a reputation for being a difficult place to work especially on the corporate side. Lots of politics, secrets and back stabbing. I feel for you. People read news stories but don't think about the human side of people with families and mortgages who are suddenly not sure where their next pay check is coming from.

All that being said I agree with you that the ship isn't sinking. Not even close. It's most likely just corporate greed mixed with execs looking to make themselves seem more useful. Sadly not uncommon in the corporate world.

BrerJon

actually, it is very easy to explain.
Elsa caused the giant iceberg and tanked the titanic down.
She was then rescued by one of the rescue ships and ended living in a california retirement home. :hilarious:

I can do better than that. Streets of America has Mr Gold's Pawn Shop from Once Upon A Time. Anna and Elsa visited Storybrooke in the last season, so maybe they were just visiting Mr Gold in his new home and decided to stop by and see the storytellers while they were in town.

Phil12

:eek:
Why are you on this board, then? ;)
Are you concerned because I have discriminating tastes? When I go to the grocery store I only buy the items that I need and/or want. I ignore the overwhelming majority of items available in the grocery store. The same is true for my other shopping experiences as well. And the same is true for WDW.

First of all, I wouldn't have the time nor the inclination to ride every ride, see every show and do all that can be done. I have my select favorites. As an example, after The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh opened at WDW, I rode it, once. That was enough for me and I have no intention of trying it again unless it's improved. I saw Monster, Inc. Laugh Floor once and that was enough for me. Hard as it may seem, WDW does have some poor shows and rides. They also have a lot of activities that are designed particularly for children and are of no interest to me.

But just like the grocery store, they do have some items that are very interesting and enjoyable to me. Logically, I spend my time enjoying the attractions that I like. And I'm a good person. I once helped PUSH when he got stuck on a threshold! :)

Cesar R M

Are you concerned because I have discriminating tastes? When I go to the grocery store I only buy the items that I need and/or want. I ignore the overwhelming majority of items available in the grocery store. The same is true for my other shopping experiences as well. And the same is true for WDW.

First of all, I wouldn't have the time nor the inclination to ride every ride, see every show and do all that can be done. I have my select favorites. As an example, after The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh opened at WDW, I rode it, once. That was enough for me and I have no intention of trying it again unless it's improved. I saw Monster, Inc. Laugh Floor once and that was enough for me. Hard as it may seem, WDW does have some poor shows and rides. They also have a lot of activities that are designed particularly for children and are of no interest to me.

But just like the grocery store, they do have some items that are very interesting and enjoyable to me. Logically, I spend my time enjoying the attractions that I like. And I'm a good person. I once helped PUSH when he got stuck on a threshold! :)
The way you explained here is a lot different from what you said earlier.
Your prior comment made everyone think you just hated the entire WDW attraction wise.

Phil12

The way you explained here is a lot different from what you said earlier.
Your prior comment made everyone think you just hated the entire WDW attraction wise.

Frankly, I don't really like most of the attractions at any of the Disney parks. However, IMO there are enough high quality attractions at WDW worth experiencing.
I guess "everyone" needs to pay closer attention.

doctornick

Question/thought: supposedly some of the large budget is going to be directed towards Epcot. There has been some rumblings about new experiences there which many (including myself) have thought might be a renovation of an existing ride like Imagination or Universe of Energy.

Is it possible that the Ratatouille ride coming to France might happen? It was rumored before but there simply may not have been funding at that time. Tom Fitzgerald is the lead Imagineer for Epcot and was part of the development team for the ride in Paris. Just a shot in the dark thought on my part....

OneDNP

People watch ESPN for sports...primarily college sports and some show called Monday Night Football. Nobody is tuning in just because of the talking heads. Those people change jobs about as frequently as NHL coaches. I wouldn't read too much into that
I tune in to ESPN2 and have the app for a few of the talking heads, particularly during NFL season... but since the content gets regurgitated and recycled all day/week, I don't typically make it through the entire morning before I switch it off.

wdwfan4ver

Is it possible that the Ratatouille ride coming to France might happen? It was rumored before but there simply may not have been funding at that time. Tom Fitzgerald is the lead Imagineer for Epcot and was part of the development team for the ride in Paris. Just a shot in the dark thought on my part....
I have hard time to see that ride happening unless they are planing it for 2020 or 2021. I thought I read that Walt Disney Studios Park has the Ratatouille ride exclusively for 5 years.

Nubs70

It was Dapper Day.
But today dad would have full sleeve tats, mom would have a too short shirt displaying a tramp stamp and whale tail (yes, I am a gawking gopher), junior would be wearing a "Who Farted?" T-shirt, the two youngest would be ensconced in Bytch 1 and Bytch 2 t-shirts all complaining that they need to hurry to get to the California Grill for an ADR.

Is it me or has society devolved?

AEfx

But today dad would have full sleeve tats, mom would have a too short shirt displaying a tramp stamp and whale tail (yes, I am a gawking gopher), junior would be wearing a "Who Farted?" T-shirt, the two youngest would be ensconced in Bytch 1 and Bytch 2 t-shirts all complaining that they need to hurry to get to the California Grill for an ADR.

Is it me or has society devolved?

You forgot the part about shoving replicated feces candy into their mouths, while making jokes about "hey you are eating poop!"

dizneycrazy09

As much as I want to, I've been away and simply don't have the time to catch up on this entire thread. I'm just wondering if anyone has mentioned that James Gunn (director of the Guardians of the Galaxy films) let slip something about a Guardians of the Galaxy ride in WDW. I know it was mentioned here before as a possibility, so I wanted to check in on that rumor. His mentioning of the ride was posted on another Disney site. Here's the actual quote:

"Then, yesterday evening James Gunn, who directed Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy and is currently in pre-production on its sequel, held a periscope chat where he didn’t talk too much about the sequel, but I’m told he did mention how excited he was about an upcoming Disneyworld ride based on Guardians of the Galaxy. Wait? Could that even happen? Gunn has since deleted the periscope, so perhaps he leaked something he wasn’t supposed to?"

Bocabear

I have hard time to see that ride happening unless they are planing it for 2020 or 2021. I thought I read that Walt Disney Studios Park has the Ratatouille ride exclusively for 5 years.
The speed at which Disney Builds, they could have started this project already and it will have been 5 years when it opens it's doors...especially if they were building in EPCOT...lol

Mike S

As much as I want to, I've been away and simply don't have the time to catch up on this entire thread. I'm just wondering if anyone has mentioned that James Gunn (director of the Guardians of the Galaxy films) let slip something about a Guardians of the Galaxy ride in WDW. I know it was mentioned here before as a possibility, so I wanted to check in on that rumor. His mentioning of the ride was posted on another Disney site. Here's the actual quote:

"Then, yesterday evening James Gunn, who directed Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy and is currently in pre-production on its sequel, held a periscope chat where he didn’t talk too much about the sequel, but I’m told he did mention how excited he was about an upcoming Disneyworld ride based on Guardians of the Galaxy. Wait? Could that even happen? Gunn has since deleted the periscope, so perhaps he leaked something he wasn’t supposed to?"

doctornick

Please oh Please oh Please let this be true.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom