Bob Iger at WDW now ... BoD to Follow?

njDizFan

Since I'm giving unsolicited advice...if you had started this thread with what you wrote above, and not:

It would be soooooooo much easier to trust in what you post when it's got factual information, not theatrics and hyperbole. This is what makes you seem like someone who just has an axe to grind and not a whistle-blower.
Since we are giving unsolicited advise...it is becoming frustrating coming to a Spirited thread and listening to you give umbridge over his writing style over and over. We get it, you do not care for his online persona or whatever. Are we hear to debate the merits of each person's prose as written in context to a online forum.

Personally, I enjoy the narrative as written but I also enjoy the matter-of-fact style of @Lee when he has information to provide. If you feel Spirit's writing style detracts from the information given, rest assured we are all now painfully aware of that fact.

So the advice, you can do the same as I do, when I see one of your posts with a 1000 word wall of text in response to a simple question, just scroll right past.

betty rose

Too bad he won't step OUT of the Grand Floridian to see the condition of the Parks. I just came back from MK an hour ago, where I was evacuated out of ghetto Buzz after a fifteen minute wait in the first room, not to mention that Space Mountain also was evacuated today (or so I heard from a knowledgeable guest). Not even a busy night, and many of the trash cans were filled up to the top. I go to the parks at least twice a week and my Magic Band works 5% of the time, at best, to get me into the Park. This isn't the pre-2005 Disney that I moved here for.
View attachment 97978
At least I got this out of my visit yesterday.
That's a beautiful picture, thanks for sharing.

COProgressFan

Yeah, but what's the fun in mundane, rational explanations?

Was anyone giving some sort of conspiracy-laden, irrational explanation?

As others have mentioned, these meetings with the full BoD on property do happen from time to time.

I'm guessing the Spirit posted this info because he has it. It's relevant fodder for discussion here. We can speculate
all we want about things that may occur. Certainly Avatar, Studios, etc. From what I can see, no one was making any outlandish claims, or saying anything of the sort.

Brewmaster

Was anyone giving some sort of conspiracy-laden, irrational explanation?

As others have mentioned, these meetings with the full BoD on property do happen from time to time.

I'm guessing the Spirit posted this info because he has it. It's relevant fodder for discussion here. We can speculate
all we want about things that may occur. Certainly Avatar, Studios, etc. From what I can see, no one was making any outlandish claims, or saying anything of the sort.

Well, I heard that the BoD was finalizing a deal to spin off the Parks and Resorts to Darden Restaurant Group. There are plans in place to raise gate prices (yet again, ugh), but you would receive all you care to eat soup, salad and breadsticks while waiting in lines throughout the resort.

betty rose

Well, I heard that the BoD was finalizing a deal to spin off the Parks and Resorts to Darden Restaurant Group. There are plans in place to raise gate prices (yet again, ugh), but you would receive all you care to eat soup, salad and breadsticks while waiting in lines throughout the resort.
Sounds good to me. ;) Of course there will be no more hot cheese for the breadsticks.:D

ParentsOf4

Since we are giving unsolicited advise...it is becoming frustrating coming to a Spirited thread and listening to you give umbridge over his writing style over and over. We get it, you do not care for his online persona or whatever. Are we hear to debate the merits of each person's prose as written in context to a online forum.

Personally, I enjoy the narrative as written but I also enjoy the matter-of-fact style of @Lee when he has information to provide. If you feel Spirit's writing style detracts from the information given, rest assured we are all now painfully aware of that fact.
Your post triggered me to go back and read this thread's original post (a couple of times). I have to say, I agree with you.

Besides not liking @WDW1974 's style, what exactly is the complaint?

Yes, this could have been summed up with a one sentence, "Iger is at WDW and the BoD might join him", but what's the fun with that?

After all, aren't most "news and rumors" threads 1% information and 99% comments and speculation? :D

hpyhnt 1000

Your post triggered me to go back and read this thread's original post (a couple of times). I have to say, I agree with you.

Besides not liking @WDW1974 's style, what exactly is the complaint?

Yes, this could have been summed up with a one sentence, "Iger is at WDW and the BoD might join him", but what's the fun with that?

After all, aren't most "news and rumors" threads 1% information and 99% comments and speculation? :D

I, for one, enjoy the little snippets of the faux 1% lifestyle that are sprinkled within our dear Spirit's postings. They make my humdrum, bottom 50% lifestyle all the more MAGICal.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom