A Spirited Perfect Ten

khale1970

I don't know what your expectations were, but I certainly enjoyed it. It was far from a perfect movie, but it had Chris Pratt, dinosaurs and suspense. It's what I wanted the movie to be. That's far more than I can say about Tomorrowland.

Haven't seen Tomorrowland, but Jurassic World sucked hard and long. It's a stupid movie with a stupid, repetive plot that was vaguely redeemed by the blinking indominatosaurusstu(sp?) eye behind the truck/wall/door/fake amber hunk. If Tomorrowland is worse I'm glad I missed it because JW was terrible.

khale1970

I don't know what your expectations were, but I certainly enjoyed it. It was far from a perfect movie, but it had Chris Pratt, dinosaurs and suspense. It's what I wanted the movie to be. That's far more than I can say about Tomorrowland.

My expectations were it wouldn't be sucky , derivative and stupid. My expectations lost...

Last edited:

Absimilliard

Errr... The Alvey's are in Japan... right now... With all their "minions" in tow. They also seemingly go annually. I think they are about the last people that can accused of not having a proper global theme park perspective. The amount of traveling they do easily outstrips @WDWFigment, but that's basically their full time job.

Now, he is definitely a Disney fanboi through and through. But, he seems to generally love a lot of amusement parks that most of us would have to be paid to go to. WDW is amazing compared to some of the dumps they visit.

Now, I've only really been following their recent Japan trip report, but the man generally seems to love Frozen. I'm not sure if that has to do with his daughter who is the right age for it or what. I kind of just shrug at that.

Robb is a Disney shill for sure, but he is also an amusement park shill in general. He still acknowledges that Tokyo (and Japan in general) is the best of the best.

Robb Alvey is the kind of person who find it funny to bash for no reason a restaurant trying to establish itself in Orlando. Its near closing time, there is no one inside? Let's make jokes about it! He is also the guy who I saw in May at a park media day illegally whipping out his phone on a ride to get pictures of the nearby new ride. He almost lost his phone too...

I call minions those who are on his site because the ones who are left blindly follow him since he has already banned anyone who does not share his opinion or just "annoy him".

Funmeister

Anyone with an IQ over 80 who saw JP 1,2 and 3 should have been bored by JW. It was the same movie with a derivative yet worse plot with the added bonus of terrible acting and an unimaginative script.

lol Ok...we get it. You didn't like it. You are beginning to troll.

Besides, what were your expectations for a movie about cloning dinosaurs? Were you expecting an academy award performance? Move on. lol

Tony Perkis

You're not alone, TPR blocked me on all media (twitter, FB, etc) after I pointed out that every single USB port in the Tangled rest area was broken. Which is a shame, because Robb is always really nice to me when we meet in real life...
Yep. Banned from his forums and Twitter because I made an anti-Frozen comment relating to Maelstrom. I do my best not to support his pages and videos with page clicks and ad revenue.

Last edited:

VJ

Robb Alvey would be great if he didn't scream at almost every point of every ride he goes on. I'd probably watch his videos more if he didn't. I guess being obnoxious is a selling point for many things related to YouTube nowadays, though. Sad.

Expo_Seeker40

Spirited Weekend Musings:

So, yeah, I'm going to drop into the new Club 33 soon. I'm not sure whether I should be psyched or not. Or whether I should invite Andy 'Fidel's Little Bro' Castro as my Fanboi Date?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 113

stevehousse

The trailers they put out there for Tangled and Frozen were pretty awful too. They're catering to kids, doesn't mean it's going to be a bad movie, just poorly marketed.
I never said the movie looked terrible or is bad (as i have no idea) just that disney marketing doesnt know how to market properly, and the trailer is not good.

SYRIK2000

Great article this weekend that illustrates the real story as to why Disney is cozing up to the Chinese government. In this case, the first time Star Wars is being officially shown in Chinese cinemas. This is precisely what I and a few others have been trying to explain amongst all the theatrics and hysterics regarding Disney's entry into China.

Particularly note things like: "Sales assistant Joy Han took a day off to see the film, even though she has seen all six through illegal downloads and pirated copies. The six-DVD box set sells for around $12 in the Chinese commercial city." "It looks better on the big screen," she told AFP. "This is the first time for China."

This is what matters to Disney, long term - it has nothing to do with small potatoes like a single site theme park or store location, or such trivialities as who appears in what photograph at an event that no one remembers a week later. It's about getting those 1.4B people in China accustomed to authentic media, and Disney getting the support of the government, like they did here, to be able to showcase their IP in an official capacity (and to profit from it).

Show me the Yuan!

Lee

Adventurer
I really enjoyed Jurassic World and Tomorrowland. I honestly can't fathom the heat some folks are throwing at them. Or it's just my taste in movies...

Been thinking about Tomorrowland, and how though I really liked it, it could have been better. What I would have done....trilogy.

Film one...the story of the ingenious kid, his jet pack, his quest to get to the Worlds Fair and ending with his discovery of Tomorrowland.

Film two...the actual story of Tomorrowland, Walt, Plus Ultra, etc. And then show what happened to it.

Film three...everything from the one we actually got, excluding the boy/jetpack/Fair.

There was a great story to be told there...but condensing it to one film crippled it.

I should totally have a job in Hollywood....:cool:

FigmentJedi

I really enjoyed Jurassic World and Tomorrowland. I honestly can't fathom the heat some folks are throwing at them. Or it's just my taste in movies...

Been thinking about Tomorrowland, and how though I really liked it, it could have been better. What I would have done....trilogy.

Film one...the story of the ingenious kid, his jet pack, his quest to get to the Worlds Fair and ending with his discovery of Tomorrowland.

Film two...the actual story of Tomorrowland, Walt, Plus Ultra, etc. And then show what happened to it.

Film three...everything from the one we actually got, excluding the boy/jetpack/Fair.

There was a great story to be told there...but condensing it to one film crippled it.

I should totally have a job in Hollywood....:cool:
I could see the Before Tomorrowland book translating into a film as well. All about Plus Ultra around the 1939 World's Fair (With Tesla, Howard Hughes, Amelia Earhart and Einstein featured prominently) and a clash with Nazi agents that resulted in postponing a planned reveal there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom