Main Street U.S.A. hub redevelopment at the Magic Kingdom

wdizneew

Doesn't Hollywood Studios have lines on the pavement from the parades that were there?

Yes, the lines should still be there and they have a distinct golden metal color if I remember correctly.

Will they even need to tape/line the pavement? New capacity in the hub could cut down on crowds.

Don't underestimate the crowds at MK, especially during the holiday season. Seriously, the week of Christmas and New Years, the combination of the night time parade and fireworks with the huge crowd makes it the most unhappiest place on Earth. I've seen guests harass and curse (loudly and in front of kids) at cast members who told them not to stop to watch the parade since they were impeding traffic. There was even a dad who was so furious, he purposely body slammed (with his daughter on his shoulders) into a cast member as he was walking past...

Red Sox

Any educated guesses as to how much of this project will be completed by July? Everything they do seems to move at a glacial pace!

betty rose

This is definitely a welcome improvement. I went several times last year and visited MK nearly every evening. The congestion was terrible even on slow nights. I cannot wait to see what it looks like in a couple of weeks.
Me too. I was mainly going for flower and garden (flowers, and food) two of my favorite things. Now, a special evening to see all the pretty new lights. My excitement is building (especially, with a foot of snow outside.

wdizneew

Any educated guesses as to how much of this project will be completed by July? Everything they do seems to move at a glacial pace!

I'm hopeful it'll be done by April. I think Disney knows it needs to get the east plaza done before the spring break and summer crowds come.

wdrive

I'm hopeful it'll be done by April. I think Disney knows it needs to get the east plaza done before the spring break and summer crowds come.

The East side will most likely be done by April, but the other half of the hub will definitely not be done and will likely be behind walls. I doubt that the center of the hub will be done in April either.

beachlover4444

We were just there and the walls are coming down and now that I can see the vision it's very nice. A lot of unobstructed areas for viewing. It was so crowded when we were there you couldn't find a spot where you didn't feel like a crushing crowd was gonna get you...It was almost a little scary. Especially when it gets dark and people are shoving and trying to get through. Really, once it goes dark, stand still and enjoy it from wherever you are and stop trying to move around now. You should have considered where you wanted to view like a half hour ago...

hokielutz

I must say that the final product on the one side looks great from the pictures. I can't wait to see both sides completed in late April.

Snow again in Wash DC. Really could use some Sun and beautiful flowers to look at.

ItlngrlBella

It's beautiful actually!

I hope the poster who said they were taking their parents for a final trip has a great time. My parents had us when they were older - I'm in my 30's and Dad is 91, Mom 80. A few years ago they said that trip would be their last - it was bittersweet but probably the best trip ever - very special.

I hope you have a beautiful time and don't let a construction wall or refurb damper you experience. Enjoy every moment and magical memory. Take tons of pics and video. God bless!

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom