Details for the upcoming Be Our Guest Restaurant lunch reservation changes

007mickey

Oh man....I totally newbed out with this one. I thought I was all BA and set my alarm for 6 like I normally do for ressies 180 out, not thinking that wasn't necessary in this case and that the system went on line at 12:00 am. .

I'm a night owl and was up well past midnight last night I coulda had this all straightened out by now. For a supposed WDW veteran that was a rookie move!! ;)

I think I'll save the term "rookie move" for Disney's IT dept. today.

Blairnicol

Searching for tables for 5/21 and 5/22: I'm getting "unable to search for availability at this time" on the 21st and "no tables available" on the 22nd. Thinking the system is still having aches and pains.

Allygator

I got mine about 2:00 am this morning. I had a few glitches trying to sign on and it was extremely slow but I got them.

jlthomas81

Oh man....I totally newbed out with this one. I thought I was all BA and set my alarm for 6 like I normally do for ressies 180 out, not thinking that wasn't necessary in this case and that the system went on line at 12:00 am. .

I'm a night owl and was up well past midnight last night I coulda had this all straightened out by now. For a supposed WDW veteran that was a rookie move!! ;)

Don't beat yourself up too bad! I only knew because someone on here posted that it was up and running. And then I got locked out of my account for over 30 minutes. I kept refreshing over and over and think I even dozed off a few times while in the process, but somewhere around 1:20 am CST I got logged back in and was able to make reservations.

stevehousse

Finally calls are being accepted again for dining and of course there is no availability throughout my stay! How does that even happen when it has been down since 620 this morning??? So stupid

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
Finally calls are being accepted again for dining and of course there is no availability throughout my stay! How does that even happen when it has been down since 620 this morning??? So stupid

Keep checking and trying back b.c the site is going bonkers right now. If you go on now, it only shows 3 dining options. Its so out of whack.

007mickey

Just playing around with different dates and found several available times popping up for June 27th. Of course nothing is coming up on the date I need.

Beentheredonethat

i tried for our upcoming trip in March, and it got me as far as the credit card entry, and then once I hit submit it timed out. I thought I was out of luck, but then upon checking my reservations on my account, I actually got two different times on the same day!! I will be deleting one of them. I bet this happened often, so keep checking back!! Never received an email, but I have a res with confirmation # on my disney account.

stevehousse

Sorry I didn't have time to elaborate my story more...now I'm free!

Called at 6am, got through at 630. Was told reservations were down about 10 minutes ago. Tried calling back several times got through once every hour from then and still things were down. At 10am central time, they were finally taking reservations again. They just got them back up she told me. Of course nothing was available May 5-12 for any BOG lunch at all!!!

How can your system come back online and have everything taken already is no one ws able to do it earlier? So confusing and stupid! I will keep trying for our trip. :( I'm just annoyed I ws up so early for nothing!!

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
11:51 a.m. - Just spoke to a CM through the WDW Play line - I needed to confirm time of hair cut I booked at Harmony for my DS. I then asked her about my ADR for 2 that I was able to make this a.m. She said that I couldn't change it to 3 bc they are fully booked through the 180 day window. She did say that the system is having glitches b/c it has my party of two - at 2 separate tables as parties of 1. She said she had never seen that before. But, regardless of this glitch, I wanted to let you know about what she said about being fully booked. I should add, I have no idea how she is able to say they are fully booked for 180 days out but that is just what she told me.

Last edited:

KIsAPrincess

We were able to get one this morning for 3/1 via the website. I called this morning when I got to work to try to get one for an upcoming trip in July..... was told there was no availability.

I was not even 30 seconds ago able to secure a ressie on July 17, after being told this morning there were no ressies to be had. Edit - it IS showing up in MDE.

DisneyJoe

With many that are trying and retrying, even though there are errors shown, some are actually having reservations made, without them knowing until they show up later under their MDE account.

Some of my fellow agents have made between 4 and 9 reservations by accident for the same client for the same meal! It's a mess. I believe Disney is now aware of the issues and is hopefully trying to clean things up and fix it...but I am not holding my breath.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
She said that I couldn't change it to 3 bc they are fully booked through the 180 day window.

Impossible.

BOG seats 546 people at once for lunch. Lets say an average of 4 per reservation.
And an average of a seating every 45 minutes. Operating hours are 10:30-2:30. That's 6 seatings(conservatively). That's 819 reservations a day. 819x180 days worth equals 147,420 reservations. You think they made that many reservations in 12 hours?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
With many that are trying and retrying, even though there are errors shown, some are actually having reservations made, without them knowing until they show up later under their MDE account.

Some of my fellow agents have made between 4 and 9 reservations by accident for the same client for the same meal! It's a mess. I believe Disney is now aware of the issues and is hopefully trying to clean things up and fix it...but I am not holding my breath.
Reminds of a few years back when the place first opened and the chaos with the dinner reservations.

DisneyJoe

Impossible.

BOG seats 546 people at once for lunch. Lets say an average of 4 per reservation.
And an average of a seating every 45 minutes. Operating hours are 10:30-2:30. That's 6 seatings(conservatively). That's 819 reservations a day. 819x180 days worth equals 147,420 reservations. You think they made that many reservations in 12 hours?

I agree that it is very unlikely for the 180 days, however, if some had issues like my team did with receiving error messages saying that they couldn't process the reservation, yet it actually went through, and then once they were able to check MDE and saw 4 to 9 or more reservations made for that guest for the same meal, some days could fill up very fast. Of course we are now working to release reservations back into the system, but we need to be careful that we don't lose them all.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom