Adventureland Veranda - Skipper Canteen restaurant

wogwog

does anyone know the actual size of the space available, can it actually comfortably fit a TS restaurant?

From my memory definitely bigger than Plaza Restaurant if that helps. Also some room out front and toward the Hub to expand if the budget can support that. Might even be able to add a second floor if Disney was inclined. Any added area would be limited to what the kitchen can support as the kitchen will be shared by LTT and Diamond HS.

ABQ

From my memory definitely bigger than Plaza Restaurant if that helps. Also some room out front and toward the Hub to expand if the budget can support that. Might even be able to add a second floor if Disney was inclined. Any added area would be limited to what the kitchen can support as the kitchen will be shared by LTT and Diamond HS.
As long as they don't mess with the area termed on Wikimapia as "The Glade". It's one of the few still well forested areas within the hub, would be a shame to rip it all out.
http://wikimapia.org/#lang=en&lat=28.418760&lon=-81.582438&z=20&m=b

FigmentJedi

Adventureland is still decent, it's just that carpet ride that ruins it. Give that ride the BAH/Horizons treatment, and Aventureland is instantly fixed. Oh yeah, if they don't want to BAH/Horizons it, move it to Morocco where it belongs.

Morocco would be a terrible location, but they should/could find some space in DHS where it could belong. They need to reconfigure Animation Courtyard to fit something like that.

I'm sure DHS will be getting a spinner withe the rumored Toy Story/Monsters Inc/Star Wars land additions. The question is which one? I'm guessing Star Wars with X-Wings and/or Tie Fighters! :rolleyes:

Or maybe just not relocate it period seeing as there's too many frigging Dumbo clones already.

lunchbox1175

wow....that's more space than i thought, i am really hoping they put something good in there. Hopefully they will have some good menu options as well, not just a slightly better version of the QS places.

BackOTheLine

If I can throw in here... Keep in mind that even with expansion adding a third restaurant to a kitchen already burdened with two others could be a limiting factor in what it becomes. You can already draw lines between menu items at Liberty Tree and Diamond Horseshoe (turkey, portobellos) so I would be surprised to see something that went off into left field or something that was as space and labor intensive as fine dining. I'm a kitchen guy so these are the things that I think about in a scenario like this. Then again kitchen design along the lines of WDW complexity is well above my pay grade :)

BrianV

Or maybe just not relocate it period seeing as there's too many frigging Dumbo clones already.

I'm racking my brain, but can't think of another dumbo clone at wdw aside from this. Is there one in animal kingdom maybe I'm not thinking of?

FigmentJedi

I'm racking my brain, but can't think of another dumbo clone at wdw aside from this. Is there one in animal kingdom maybe I'm not thinking of?

Triceratops Spin

There's also Astro-Orbitor, which is really the only other Dumbo clone you need considering the elevation gimmick makes it stand out from the others a lot more distinctly.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Help me out, where is this in adventureland? I cannot picture it at all.

I have marked it in red....

Capture.JPG

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom