The Spirited 8th Wonder (WDW's Future & You!)

Nemo14

@marni1971 and @Nemo14 thanks for the pictures - I can't really "like" your posts even though I appreciate the information. But I just hate what I see in this pictures so much, that there is no way, I can press a like button on your posts...
That's OK - if I wanted "likes" I'd go to ChitChat! :rolleyes:
It really is depressing to see in person, and like i said, the inside of the Ceremonial House is equally depressing.

FrankLapidus

The roofs. Why are they shingled? It's... it's... just the wrong texture... :/

They look bad from the MK, you get a really close look at them if you ride the monorail and that let's you see just how bad they are. A woman in my cabin thought they were sheds being used by the construction workers at the hotel, that pretty much said it all for me.

Last edited:

John

Where do I even begin? Besides blocking the views these storage buildings have zero imagination. Sell out? Probably, just shows that some people have more money then common sense.

There was a compromise they could have offered. If they moved them further down, Build them to look like actual thatched roof huts I think they could have been amazing. Placement and theming is everything.....right?

But Nooooooooo they built them to be boring and expensive. Slap some T-111 on it and call it a day. HA!

Goofyernmost

The roofs. Why are they shingled? It's... it's... just the wrong texture... :/
Well they are, at this point, Cedar shingles from what I can see. That makes them all natural which in my mind looks a lot better then plastic thatching. Certainly not their biggest problem.

I also noticed no railings......how many kids or drunks going to end up in the drink? Maybe they are not finished? If so I smell a law suit.

That was actually the first thing I thought of too.
:joyfull: You guys really should wait until they are finished. For ease of material movement the railings are usually one of the last things that anyone installs. Disney has way to many Lawyers on payroll, to let that slip by.

RSoxNo1

Those huts look like trailers floating in the water. I guess trailer park life has finally taken over disney world!

Where the heck is Wing Chao?
They look like Pizza Huts.
Pizza_Hut_Athens_OH_USA.JPG

IMG_4482.jpg

AEfx

For the few that can afford them. And to hell with the thousands of others who can't.

I can't see very many folks who could afford them who would want them - except for those noveau riche types who think something is luxurious in direct proportion to it's retail cost.

Maybe it's because I grew up around a lot of waterfront properties (both sea and fresh) but the main attraction of such is easy access to the water not just the view. Particularly when it's that close to water - it's difficult to say "look but don't touch". And, to be honest, that body of water is pretty stagnant and gross, not to mention the brain-cell eating killer bacteria that is under the slit at the bottom which prevents anyone from entering it to begin with.

That makes me think - I guess I haven't paid much attention, I thought they were going to be in a different area, not in the center of everything there. That's a lot of glass - what happens when some folks turn on the lights and have the curtains open and give the monorail riders a show. And how are they constructed? Is the whole thing floating or did they have to go down into that bed at the bottom? If they did, who knows what they stirred up. And how is potable water/waste water taken in and out?

I'm guessing that not only will they have railings, but I'm sure actual barriers that make sure that folks don't even sit down and dip their feet into the water. Disney can't risk that.

I have to say, in ways it's a clever idea - but I honestly can't believe it actually made it past blue sky. One of the things I always have found sad about the WDW resorts is that they don't take theming and uniqueness nearly far enough, something like this around a large wave pool or something might be cool - but in that stagnant water you can't touch? A big bucket of "huh?" from me on that one.

BrerJon

I know these have been compared to a Pizza Hut, but it sort of reminds me of this, too:

Pizza-Hut rooms! I hadn't heard that before, what a perfect description.

They sure are hideous close-up. I used to love sitting on the beach, sipping a cocktail and watching Wishes. Those days are gone now, and the Poly doesn't even feel like a hotel at the moment as there's no inside to walk around, just a ton of construction walls and a restaurant. I couldn't even find the check-in desk (luckily I was only visiting, not checking in - I'm not a millionaire).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom