DHS Soundstage 1 Renovation - Toy Storia Mania expansion

Sped2424

We argued this same thing in another forum ad nauseum. No reason to bring it up and "discuss" it again here.

But yeah, I was completely on your side of the argument.
I wasn't in the other forum so I just said what I thought. No one seems to be offended by my comment so I think we are good.

Slowjack

Either that, or else projects 1, 2, 4, and 5 have already been cancelled. This is Disney in Florida we're talking about. ;)
Back when I was student, whenever I prepared for an in-class presentation, I'd insert a few blank index cards in my deck. When I got to a blank in the talk, I'd nod sagely before moving on, giving the impression I was whittling down a larger presentation on the fly. I'm not saying Disney would stoop to skipping project numbers in order to provide an inflated suggestion of the pace of development...but I'm not saying they wouldn't, either. :)

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Really makes me think this is more than a "third track."

We shall see.

Part of me agrees with you on this. Once they have all the materials on site, it shouldn't be that hard to build a third track. I know we all tend to be pessimistic about Disney's construction speed, but they should be able to install a third track in less then a year. On the other hand I don't want to get people's hopes up that this is going to be an entirely new attraction.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Is is possible that projects 1-6 are all Frozen related? Just trying to find a possible common denominator.

The common denominator could also be the contractor, Whiting Turner is doing both projects. The are also currently working on The Boathouse and The Hanger at Disney Springs. Prior to that they did the recent expansion and upgrades at the Grand Floridian.

YodaMan

Not too long ago, didn't PhotoDave say he had heard nothing about a third track and that Oaken's had to vacate because a higher-up already had plans for SS1 starting in October? What happened to that?

dstrawn9889

i would say that project 1 or 2 would be a major expansion... just has not been revealed yet because the closings of the original structures have not been finalized. (BLT i am looking at you). they also have not taken them to the state for permits/commencement of work

dstrawn9889

most interesting, we only just heard that the contents of SS1 is moving like this week, and they have contractor in hand and ready to go to the next stage of demo/construction... that is just plain fast for TDO in the recent years

::::EDIT::: well maybe more than a week, but not like the 6-7 months of rumors about maelstrom before announcement and --- Dan, when did you see the permit filing for maelstrom?....

PhotoDave219

Not too long ago, didn't PhotoDave say he had heard nothing about a third track and that Oaken's had to vacate because a higher-up already had plans for SS1 starting in October? What happened to that?

I did say that but we've had speculation from people who work at DHS saying they've seen materials related to a 3rd track arriving backstage.

Again, we shall see.

YodaMan

obviously they have numbered them as they have been approved to move to planning phase, but some are marked for immediate begin (shovel ready)

Sounds about right. If DHS was set for a major overhaul last year before all the money suddenly went to MM+, then the first few "projects" are probably all the things that were originally planned and the newer "projects" like Maelstrom will be the higher ones.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
most interesting, we only just heard that the contents of SS1 is moving like this week, and they have contractor in hand and ready to go to the next stage of demo/construction... that is just plain fast for TDO in the recent years

::::EDIT::: well maybe more than a week, but not like the 6-7 months of rumors about maelstrom before announcement and --- Dan, when did you see the permit filing for maelstrom?....

Maelstrom one was filed on 9/12, this one was actually filed yesterday. It's possible that the sound stage 1 project was well under way when they decided to drop the Frozen stuff in there thus delaying the project.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
FWIW, I haven't heard of any plans for a third track.
Not even sure it's feasible, given the existing layout.

I'm thinking...no.

If it's not the track, what could it be? What would take 2 years and contractor like Whiting?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom