Iger Confirms Star Wars Domestic Parks Presence

Unplugged

So,

Probably wishful thinking that Avatar land goes away and gets rebranded as Tattooine?

I heard they love Tattoine as the sand in Florida is cheap and there aren't many animals to worry about. The problem preventing TDO from implementing Tattooine is that the elephants union doesn't like their members having to wear the Bantha costumes all day in the Florida heat & humidity for the peanuts they work for!

RayTheFirefly

I find it interesting that the 2013 D23 had Star Wars themed crates w/ 'Orange Harvest' marked on them, and the new color scheme of Tomorrowland is different hues of orange. Either Iger is trying to get this talked about more, or we know what park the Star Wars expansion is going in to.
:confused:

odmichael

I find it interesting that the 2013 D23 had Star Wars themed crates w/ 'Orange Harvest' marked on them, and the new color scheme of Tomorrowland is different hues of orange. Either Iger is trying to get this talked about more, or we know what park the Star Wars expansion is going in to.
Definitely a possibility. The Carousel of Progress could make room for a newer ride there. But I don't see anything else there being replaced anytime soon.

Jahona

Tomorrowland Speedway could easily be replaced. Large piece of land that doesn't fit the theme at all. CoP is a classic dating back to the World Fair, I would hate to see it go with out plans of putting it somewhere.

doctornick

Tomorrowland Speedway could easily be replaced. Large piece of land that doesn't fit the theme at all. CoP is a classic dating back to the World Fair, I would hate to see it go with out plans of putting it somewhere.

If they were going to pt Star Wars in WDW's TL (they won't, not with DHS already having Star Tours and needing the attendance boost and attention), they could do so using Laugh Floor and the large space behind it currently parking) and using the Noodle restaurant area for food. Using the backstage area would actually allow a relatively large expansion which can be well themed and immersive.

Pixie VaVoom

I agree, Star Wars needs two E-Tickets.
1. One that deals with Speed. Speed has always been part of Star Wars from the Death Star Trench run, Asteroid Chase, Speeder Bikes, Pod racing. They need a ride that gives the audience that visceral thrill.

2. A ride that deals with The Hero's Journey, The myth of the story, The quest, Battle of Good vs. Evil. There needs to be an immersive dark ride experience that deals with these themes. Maybe a highlight of the movies, maybe an escape from Jabba's palace type ride. I want to go on a Hero's journey style E-ticket attraction. I want to feel I'm thrust into the heart of the Hero's Journey.
Give me those two types of rides and I don't care what else is built.

If I can only choose one..it has to be the Hero's Journey. That theme is the heart and soul of Star Wars, everything else is secondary.

i want an x-wing ride like TSMM where you can shoot at targets on the Death star !!!

Ranch Dressing

Announcement will be made in Anaheim in April 2015.

Recent wetland permit filed ties into this.

DHS will get the best "version" of Star Wars but most will get something.

1.5 billion dollar budget rumored for DHS which is about what all of Potter got in comparison so if that budget is true its substantial.

Everything is designed, blueprints finished. Heard comic book legend Neal Adams has been comissioned to do some mock up artwork. Just waiting on final approval.

Again take this with a grain of salt. I can't offer anything more than what I just wrote, Disney is starting to clamp down about this subject and checking cookies so the well looks like its going to dry up pretty fast.

CinematicFusion

1.5 billion dollar budget rumored for DHS which is about what all of Potter got in comparison so if that budget is true its substantial.

Everything is designed, blueprints finished. Heard comic book legend Neal Adams has been comissioned to do some mock up artwork. Just waiting on final approval.

Again take this with a grain of salt. I can't offer anything more than what I just wrote, Disney is starting to clamp down about this subject and checking cookies so the well looks like its going to dry up pretty fast.

wow...a 1.5 billion dollar budget is huge! Is that all for Star Wars or is that a revamp of the entire park?
That budget could easily fit two e-ticket style attractions!
Great news!

odmichael

I agree that it really doesn't fit the theme of what tomorrowland is all about. But Tomorrowland Speedway is still a popular attraction. The Carousel of Progress as described by on the Magic Kingdom map, " Travel through the 20th century to
see how technology has improved our way of life." Sounds like yesterday land to me. The attraction is fun, don't get me wrong. But it's removal would be able to fit another ride at Magic Kingdom. It is far less popular than the Tomorrowland Speedway.

Also there is no way Magic Kingdom would get more Star Wars than 1 ride, a food shack, and a meet and greet. Anything more would really go against what the park is all about. I really feel Hollywood Studios is going to get the major overhaul with this one. The park could really be rebranded by creating themed lands based on Disney's Intellectual properties.

twebber55

At a minimum it's gotta be Avatar Land/Wizarding World of Harry Potter level
I think they realize (or at least hope)

if true this would be huge for DHS

evnted

alright, this is a rather minor point i imagine but something i havent seen discussed. assuming they do go through with Star Wars Land, what happens to the movie set appearance of the queue for Star Tours? what i mean by this is the fact that as you approach the attraction, the AT-AT Walker, the trees, etc. look normal and complete, however as you go through the queue you see that the backs are merely support beams and lights. would they continue this active movie set look throughout the entirety of Star Wars Land?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
alright, this is a rather minor point i imagine but something i havent seen discussed. assuming they do go through with Star Wars Land, what happens to the movie set appearance of the queue for Star Tours? what i mean by this is the fact that as you approach the attraction, the AT-AT Walker, the trees, etc. look normal and complete, however as you go through the queue you see that the backs are merely support beams and lights. would they continue this active movie set look throughout the entirety of Star Wars Land?
I doubt they would go with that studio look. My big hope is that they get rid if it on the existing structures.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom