The Spirited Seventh Heaven ...

seascape

Contract and employment are state issues. Cali forbids noncompetes for employees. Checkout any top line google hit.. and browse to your heart's content. But the short of it is... no such enforcable non-competes in Cali for employees or contractors
I am sure he will believe you but never apologize to me for making a mistake.

Soarin' Over Pgh

Target Frozen merchandise update.

Still no dolls or dresses, or really anything aside from terribly made and over priced Olaf and Sven plush. However the entire Disney aisle seemed disheveled and there weren't many princess dolls at all this time.

The disney Littlest Pet Shoppe ripoffs are all on clearance. "I'm so surprised!" Said no one ever.

The other Sofia the first thing is also on clearance and there's a dozen of them.

The DVD/bluray display for Frozen is still up as well.

Aside from these few things the only other Frozen stuff I saw in the store were underwear for little girls (which I'm not about to photograph) and one night gown. There was an empty display for tshirts in the kids section as well.

Cesar R M

Slow and steady wins the race?

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=howtotrainyourdragon2.htm

how-to-train-your-dragon-2-trailer-07122013-112023.jpg
I suppose people took it "slow" with dragon.

Seems the tables repeated exactly as in RISE OF THE GUARDIANS.
Very disappointing sales at first but steady up until the bluray release..
Dragon 2 will probably do better in the home market.

So one of the fansites out there posted a passionate little article about the Silicon Valley wage fixing... only the article was in DEFENSE of Pixar and the various other companies involved.

I had to step away from the computer. I don't understand how anyone could defend those actions.
Well, That "home camp" mindset is sadly.. a normal phenomenom.
Like those people defending Nvidia Actions when they.. knowingly sold defective chips in millions to OEMS and builders.
As the chips started to fail in masse.. they denied everything (apple style) at first. then pointed fingers to OEMS. And there were fanboys defending their "loveable company" like their life depended on it.

No difference from some of our local Disney fanboys(that love to smear anything Universal does and inflate anything Disney does to staggering levels)

Other point is, with the rise of the internet.. no surprise there are so many paid PR Guerrilla warfare experts groups.. trying to shift the blame or defend their camps. Its their job after all!

Last edited:

flynnibus

Premium Member
No, Pete, I'm not. Nowhere did anyone say the "non-competes" weren't common practice, now did they? Except in CA, which is lovely, but Disney and Universal are found in more locales than that. Good luck with your monorail expansion....

What do they say about the price of tea in china?

The story was about employment practices between Cali companies... and someone said 'why don't they just use no compete clauses' - the topic was still employer behaviors in Cali companies.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
What do they say about the price of tea in china?

The story was about employment practices between Cali companies... and someone said 'why don't they just use no compete clauses' - the topic was still employer behaviors in Cali companies.
And the conversation I was having was about the occurrence of the agreements in the workforce, not the article or not specifically in California.

Cesar R M

Because they treat Pixar as a religion.
Lets not forget that Pixar was first leaded by Steve Jobs. And all the papers shows that Steve Jobs was the catalyst of the fixing scheme.
Steve Jobs is GOD for many apple hardcore fanboys. The devotion he gets... is annoying sometimes.

Yes, it's not wanting former employees to go work immediately with a direct competitor. It is that simple, Pete....
But that is only part of the issue. The salary fixing scheme is the worst... since that is the core of the "do not bid for my animators for more money" plan of the involved companies.

Last edited:

Mike S

Target Frozen merchandise update.

Still no dolls or dresses, or really anything aside from terribly made and over priced Olaf and Sven plush. However the entire Disney aisle seemed disheveled and there weren't many princess dolls at all this time.

The disney Littlest Pet Shoppe ripoffs are all on clearance. "I'm so surprised!" Said no one ever.

The other Sofia the first thing is also on clearance and there's a dozen of them.

The DVD/bluray display for Frozen is still up as well.

Aside from these few things the only other Frozen stuff I saw in the store were underwear for little girls (which I'm not about to photograph) and one night gown. There was an empty display for tshirts in the kids section as well.
Those Olaf dolls look terrible. Almost like they're a knockoff but even sadder because they're official.

Cesar R M

Illuminations is another potential subject.
The most shocking thing I noticed of the whole affair.. was Sony Studios outright refusing to join that MAFIA.
considering Sony its been well known to do the "APPLE" in a bad way (enclosed ecosystems that force you to buy very specific items for the products they sell, the PS3 firmware fiasco..etc..) during these years.

HTYD2 should be making way more than it is. It's tied for my favorite animated film. I guess waiting four years to release sequel isn't the best strategy
I think they really burned the franchise with many problems prior to the release:

a) the TV series
b) too spoilerific tv ads (of the movie)
c) the movie issues (too scary and dramatic for little kids, kinda cheesy for adults)

Last edited:

Cesar R M

Those Olaf dolls look terrible. Almost like they're a knockoff but even sadder because they're official.
The same is applied for a lot of products of different movies.
I've seen better plushies of toothless from how to train your dragon.
Anyone remember the first official plushies and toys from the first movie? they looked NOTHING like toothless!

Even now, Build a Bear seems to have the best quality on the plush side.

To resume, it seems that companies do the worst quality possible for their flagship movies (in therms of merchandise) to capitalize fast on the interest.
Then they whine why they dont sell much.. WHAT A SHOCK!.

Mike S

The same is applied for a lot of products of different movies.
I've seen better plushies of toothless from how to train your dragon.
Anyone remember the first official plushies and toys from the first movie? they looked NOTHING like toothless!

Even now, Build a Bear seems to have the best quality on the plush side.

To resume, it seems that companies do the worst quality possible for their flagship movies (in therms of merchandise) to capitalize fast on the interest.
Then they whine why they dont sell much.. WHAT A SHOCK!.
image.jpg

Soarin' Over Pgh

come on, say it..

....pation ;)

They were so cheaply made it was insulting. The disney store in the same mall as this target didn't have any frozen merch to compare the cheapness to. The material feels awful and is stitched very badly. Not worth $5, let alone the $15 or $20 they are charging. The Sven plush are cute but again, poor quality and at $10, I don't see it lasting a month in the hands of a little kid.

Quality control is in the crapper when it comes to disney merch, and these are fine examples of that. It's a shame really, I'd have bought that Sven plush if I couldn't see the stitching, if there wasnt already a wad of cotton showing near the butt tag, and if it...well, looked like Sven and not Generic Reindeer.

If you're a fan of Sleeping Beauty, the new coffee table book Once Upon a Dream is worth getting. Even if you didn't care much for Maleficent.

Ohh, will add that to my amazon wish list. Thanks for the tip! I'm a bit of a book nerd.

:geek:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom